• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

The silver lining of this yawner series is Draymond is an afterthought.
For casuals looking at counting stats, but he led the team in assists and Cleveland shot 1-10 when he was the primary defender. There's almost never a game where Draymond isn't integral to the team. At least on defense.

Ever

Banned
People trying to use ratings to justify terrible basketball, pretty sad

This is what the NBA has come to in 2017

TTG

What happened at the end happened, but did you see the beginning of the 4th? Cavs had a 5 point lead, Steph and KD sat. KD got off the bench first when Draymond went out with his 5th foul, but that wasn't until 8 and change left on the clock.

The lead did not balloon, it was still 5. Lue tried the same thing at the beginning of the second in game 1. Lebron on the floor playing extra minutes, KD and Steph off. Warriors led by 5 then and by the time KD and Steph came back on they were up 9.

I know hindsight is easy, but those 5 minutes Lebron plays over KD and Steph have not been worth it AT ALL.

Folks want the Cavs to run shit like the Dubs are about too they never should have let LeGM trade all them prospects and youth (well okay cept Bennett he obviously doesn't count) for Love.

Yeah it made em good right away and they got a ring out of it.

But at the cost of financial flexibility and long term view.

While true, I doubt a team that hadn't won a championship prior minds.

I was rooting for the Cavs and this loss hurt. They played their hearts out. But you cant win against a team that has a fucking cheat code in KD. I dont care if GSW win this year, I wont forget the bitch i saw in KD last year.

Durant could join the fucking Kings and take them to the Finals.

Cause he's Kevin Durant, one of the three best players on earf.

Y'all wild.
You're out of your mind if you think he could take the fucking Kings who's best player is currently Rudy Gay to the finals. He joined Golden State because he couldn't beat them. This team had the Cavs on the absolute brink without him and would have beaten them were it not for the Bogut injury/Draymond suspension. Durant didn't want to fight anymore and wanted the ring so he joined the best team in the league.

v0yce

jr_smith_sweep.0.jpg

Why can I not find a gif of JR doing the sweep last round?

Suni please

If I'm LeBron, I retire and focus on starting a business. If he can't be Jordan on the court, maybe he could beat him in life

This makes a solutely no sense whatsoever.

In business, you diversify your streams of income. This is his largest of many streams.

He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Mory Dunz

Now that I think about it, there was a bad missed call this game.

After Iggy stripped Lebron, he slammed the ball like 20 feet in the air.

That's a tech.

Didn't matter in the end.
anyway, carry on.

LionPride

Banned
Also to people complaining...the Warriors literally built the team by drafting and signing good role players

They literally built a team "the right way"

Rvaan

Banned
Now that I think about it, there was a bad missed call this game.

After Iggy stripped Lebron, he slammed the ball like 20 feet in the air.

That's a tech.

Didn't matter in the end.
anyway, carry on.
No chance the refs call that in Cleveland. There is not a ref on the planet that values the rules that much over their own life.

Also to people complaining...the Warriors literally built the team by drafting and signing good role players

They literally built a team "the right way"

They drafted the 2x MVP and only unanimous MVP in league history fucking 7th overall. He was the FIFTH guard taken in the draft.

That's why they so good.

mjp2417

Banned
And again

Who the hell did Jordan play in the finals that gave him a real challenge

98 Utah, but that was largely because Pippen's back was gone (like dude could barely walk by the end of that series) and Rodman was more interested in pro wrestling by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom