• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
People trying to use ratings to justify terrible basketball, pretty sad

This is what the NBA has come to in 2017

Terrible basketball? The Warriors are unbelievable to watch, the best offense in history and one of the best defensive teams ever!

Also get in the sea with "This is what the NBA has come to" shit posting", the NBA has always had dynasties (Celts, Lakers, Bulls) throughout its history. It just so happens a team that was awful for 30 years actually lucked out with draft picks, salaries and signing one of the best SF's ever.

This finals show that despite being down 3-0 Cavs are legit as fuck...and to beat them you need to have the kind of super team the warriors have. This game looked a lot like last year's Cavs home game where the warriors fell apart and lebron and Kyrie balled the fuck out of this planet , then the fight continued until the very end.

Tall4Life

This finals show that despite being down 3-0 Cavs are legit as fuck...and to beat them you need to have the kind of super team the warriors have. This game looked a lot like last year's Cavs home game where the warriors fell apart and lebron and Kyrie balled the fuck out of this planet , then the fight continued until the very end.

To beat the Warriors at least LeBron and one of the other big 3 needs to have an historic game AND at least two of the Top 4 on the Warriors needs to be hitting a huge slump

Fjordson

They drafted the 2x MVP and only unanimous MVP in league history fucking 7th overall. He was the FIFTH guard taken in the draft.

That's why they so good.
+ one of the best defenders of this era 35th and one of the greatest shooters ever at 11.

But I think the real key is they have three stars who can go by their first name only. Cavs only have two. It's just basic math tbh.

Cavs shouldn't have let Klay find his rhythm in game 2. They probably could won this game if he was the Klay from game 1 and the rest of the playoffs

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to add

Doing the same fucking thing any team with cap space and some damn sense would do

Fucking aggrevating ass salty ass people

I'm a goddamn Timberwolves fan and I ain't even this salty over this shit

They had the money and the opportunity.

If your team, with Championship aspirations, DIDN'T go out and do whatever it took to get the best player to hit the market since LeBron, your GM should be fired idek what you did the year before that.

Wedzi

Banned
I don't give the Cavs a lot of shit for the way they built their team. Lebron coming back is the big omission but Kyrie and Thompson were drafted, they had to give up Wiggins for Love (which was no Kwame Brown for Gasol trade mind you), and JR was a throw in with the Shumpert trade.

God damnit I just keep thinking we were robbed of a great end to a great trilogy when KD joined the Warriors. Doesn't even feel like the same teams that played the last two finals are playing against each other this year.

phanphare

Banned
also I'm just gonna say because bron is gonna get raked over the coals for it

I'm not mad at that pass to korver. korver was playing pretty well, had a decently good look even though it missed badly, and I don't think bron needs to get tunnel vision at the end of games and abandon why he's a great player.

Sweet Karma for all the non-calls that GSW had whereas refs tried their best to stan the Cavaliers for that sweet 7-game series.

GSW proved they can beat the Cavs AND the Refs.

Kill3r7

The Suns were the only team I fell like could have beat the Bulls straight up, 50/50 if you play that series 10 times.

Agreed. The Supersonics were building something special. Similar to OKC. Unfortunately they never made it back to the finals and Kemp left town.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to add

Doing the same fucking thing any team with cap space and some damn sense would do

Fucking aggrevating ass salty ass people

I'm a goddamn Timberwolves fan and I ain't even this salty over this shit

You know the circumstances that let them have the cap space to sign a top 5 player as a 73 win team where once in lifetime, right?

If that cap space hike didn't happen at the right time they would never have been able to sign KD i.e. the salary cap would have done it's fucking job.

Wow, just finished watching that game.

This team has two cheat codes they can use at any givin moment in the game. Can't defend someone bringing the ball up the court and nailing a three right in your face. Steph makes that shit look easy all the time.

And Thompson is useless once again. I haven't looked at his final stat line yet but I doubt he even finished with 7+ rebounds....

neptunes

I wonder if next season another team can make that 2015 warriors leap.

Before then the clips were supposed to be next and Klay was on the verge of being traded for Love.

The warriors came out of nowhere.

Miracle

Basketball Forever‏ @Bballforeverfb 27m27 minutes ago
LeBron James now has just 11 points in all three 4th quarters of this NBA Finals series combined.

2003-Michael-Jordan-Kobe-Bryant-All-Star-game.jpg

also I'm just gonna say because bron is gonna get raked over the coals for it

I'm not mad at that pass to korver. korver was playing pretty well, had a decently good look even though it missed badly, and I don't think bron needs to get tunnel vision at the end of games and abandon why he's a great player.

Thought that was a good look, and Korver had been shooting well

LionPride

Banned
You know the circumstances that let them have the cap space to sign a top 5 player as a 73 win team where once in lifetime, right?

If that cap space hike didn't happen at the right time they would never have been able to sign KD i.e. the salary cap would have done it's fucking job.
And?

Are they to blame for that?

Oh no, circumstance happened at the right moment for an event to happen! Like every. Fucking. Thing. Else. In life or sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom