• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors could afford to sign Durant as a direct result of building "the right way" and drafting so well. I don't see the issue.

warriors could afford to sign durant because the cap just happened to jump like 20 million

so basically, this is the PA's fault

e: fjordson you da best

Fjordson

You know the circumstances that let them have the cap space to sign a top 5 player as a 73 win team where once in lifetime, right?

If that cap space hike didn't happen at the right time they would never have been able to sign KD i.e. the salary cap would have done it's fucking job.
Players voted against cap smoothing. That's their own fault.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Warriors could afford to sign Durant as a direct result of building "the right way" and drafting so well. I don't see the issue.

They were able to sign Durant due to Curry's horrible ankles and him signing a cheap contract. Had Durant become a free agent this summer, he wouldn't be able to join the Warriors (due to Steph signing a big contract with them).

I don't blame them at all, but lots of things had to line up for this garbage to happen.

Wedzi

Banned

I don't think the issue is with the Warriors but just with Kevin Durant. Joining a 73 win team, a supposed rival team that you were up 3-1 the previous year.

But the emphasis put on rings and finals success drove him to them so I don't blame him. People have already forgotten about his time on the Thunder lol

Ever

Banned
See this is why a hard cap needs to be put in

Stanley cup gets this amazing playoffs and G5 is going to be lit

meanwhile in the NBA we get this trash

Basketball reasons 2.0, get on it silver you have no excuse

I will say what I said on twitter. If Lebron, at the peak of his career, gets sweeped in these finals, the jordan comparisons need to stop.

And?

Are they to blame for that?

Oh no, circumstance happened at the right moment for an event to happen! Like every. Fucking. Thing. Else. In life or sports.

How lucky that the TWolves took two other guards before Curry. How once in a lifetime.

How lucky Draymond Green slipped to the back half of the second round cause people thought he's a role player on his best day, what a series of divine providence.

Man the sheer insanity that Klay Thompson slipped out of the top-10.

Man, fuck them for all that nonsense luck.

teepo

the one take away i have from these 3 games is the cavs and warriors match up would've possibly as historic as the last series had it not been for kd with the way lebron and co played today. we could've gotten a redux of the 1998 nba finals and as a diehard fan, that kills me :(

mjp2417

Banned
also I'm just gonna say because bron is gonna get raked over the coals for it

I'm not mad at that pass to korver. korver was playing pretty well, had a decently good look even though it missed badly, and I don't think bron needs to get tunnel vision at the end of games and abandon why he's a great player.
But Michael Jordan never passed to white spot up shooters at the end of Finals games

TTG

Kyrie was 0-7 from 3.

Not sure why he thought that was a good shot for him to take.

He went straight into that iso too, never looked to pass. That's his game and all, but I don't know. Were they down a basket at the time? I know it was a game on the line shot, but I don't remember the score.

honestly though, they need to either put a hard cap in place or just get rid of it entirely. i don't see nearly as much of this fuck shit happening in the NHL or MLB wrt owners being able to get away with shitty team-building

Natiko

Banned
What a boring series. The result is inevitable. No point in trying to point fingers, the truth of the matter is the Warriors roster is stacked.

Thomas / Fultz
Hayward
Jaylen
Love
Horford

Ainge gonna do it in the offseason
Bradley x Smart x Brooklyns 2018 pick get traded for Love x JR x Shump

Naw, he joined a team to create a super team to chase a ring when he couldn't get it done on his original team.

Just like KD.

Bronx-Man gets it.
Kd created a super team? He joined one. You seem really confused about the difference between the heat and all time wins record champion without kd warriors.

I will say what I said on twitter. If Lebron, at the peak of his career, gets sweeped in these finals, the jordan comparisons need to stop.

Genuinely don't understand what MJ would've done against this Warriors team.

Y'all are mad Lebron, with the help of an extremely inconsistent Kyrie, can't down a giant by himself, and it's really weird. He played amazing. The loss isn't his fault, sweep or no.

Niggas better get every player they can on the phone come free agency, cause my God.

trixx

Damn can't even say what the solution is as I don't even understand the problem. Golden State just looks unbeatable.

I've already stated my thoughts on Tt, many will disagree oh well. At least it was a cpetitive fun game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom