• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedzi

Banned
Stop assuming the warriors will dominate for the next 5 years.

Other teams (and players) can also make that same leap they made a few years ago.

I always though Klay Thompson might jump ship when it's time for his new deal. He can be the go to star on a team and average 30 plus points a game, be the face of a franchise. He'll a few rings on his fingers already so no pressure for a championship. Plus Warriors will probably spend a lot on KD and Curry but with as the cap keeps rising that may not be an issue.

Tall4Life

Remember that the Cavs beat the Warriors during the Christmas game in the regular season

it's not the warriors are totally unbeatable you marks, cleveland just digged themselves into a hole

Fjordson

Their career choices are inversely correlated. It's just been quite the mind fuck to watch KD go from this humble dude to this shit personality seemingly under some delusion that he's earned his current success.
Yeah, KD hasn't earned shit. Just a bum along for the ride, riding Zaza's coat tails to a ring.

what da fuck

phanphare

Banned
KD's attitude. What bothered people about LeBron joining g Miami is pissing others off about KD. Dude out there like he's pulling the wagon.

Imagine a world where James leaves the Cavs to join Bosh and Wade to win a championship and get shat on for his attitude. Ah, wait...

Their career choices are inversely correlated. It's just been quite the mind fuck to watch KD go from this humble dude to this shit personality seemingly under some delusion that he's earned his current success.

lebron shat on an entire city on the way out, that's what got people upset

kd may or may not have shit on russ on the way out but other than that he did it the right way

ron_bato

People forget that the Warriors were just a good/okay team that could shoot anybody out of the court but couldn't play dick for defense until Kerr got there and changed the whole thing, and Curry turned into a god who can play passable D.

They were a pretty good defensive team even under Mark Jackson, he established the defensive culture (and Kerr acknowledges this a lot too).

Mark Jackson was a terrible X and O's guy, and was hated in his organization for the way he doesn't collaborate with management and his staff.

He is right and it's not even close.

Derozan can average 27 all he wants but he is still the first option on a worst team and can't play D or shoot the three.

The only competition for 2 that Klay has was Butler and he seemingly plays the 3 more now. All the good scorings 2s in the league can't play fucking defense to save their lives. That alone puts Klay way above them.

Lol dag guys I didn't post Barkley comment cause I thought it was controversial. I just posted because I thought it was a nice observation by him lol

What the hell is this shit about Durant not earning his success. He has fucking earned it, and he's earning it now. He didn't come to this team as some third or second wheel. He's the best player on Golden State, and I knew he would be when he came.

I even said exactly that on this very forum I believe when it was announced he would go there. I knew he would be the team's best player.

Remember that the Cavs beat the Warriors during the Christmas game in the regular season

it's not the warriors are totally unbeatable you marks, cleveland just digged themselves into a hole
Come on son. You have draymond doing an interview on NBATV just now where he says he told Durant we don't need you for the regular season. No one gives a damn about the NBA regular season besides fans of middling to bad teams.

phanphare

Banned
I'll tell you what tho

kd is really going to hurt his legacy by winning a ring and finals mvp

dude should have just stayed put in okc and got bumped in the playoffs for the rest of his prime

LionPride

Banned
Kevin Durant is the second best basketball player in the world

He's more than earned everything he'll likely be getting this year

random25

The only reason we got these huge amounts of complaints about Golden State is because they are not named Los Angeles Lakers.

I'll tell you what tho

dude should have just stayed put in okc and got bumped in the playoffs for the rest of his prime

And played with a guy who wasn't conducive to his playstyle in a system that never allowed him to be the player he is now.

Damn coward, going to the place that offered him, a professional athlete, the most money for the opportunity to win a championship.

Mory Dunz

The only competition for 2 that Klay has was Butler and he seemingly plays the 3 more now. All the good scorings 2s in the league can't play fucking defense to save their lives. That alone puts Klay way above them.

His only negative is that he can disappear at times. It'd be interesting to see his game as a number one option.

side-note: Everyone needs to stop calling Steph soft btw. Especially in the same breath as CP3 being the toughest guy on his team or whatever. Steph goes at whoever. He doesn't act out like Draymond, but he never seems scared of anyone.

This narrative has been weird to me for years.

Durant with 14 in the 4th quarter. More 4th quarter points than James has the entire series.

That can't be right? Again?

And what was that for a last possession? You isolate one side for your PG, while the best player in the league waits at half court. Then you dribble between the legs like some fool in a pick up game, don't go to the hole and shoot one of the worst fadeaway threes ever seen. Just unbelievable execution.

Wedzi

Banned
The problem for lebron is that the finals are the biggest stage in the sport where the most eyeballs tune in every year. Your casual observer is going to remember those last few minutes of LeBron giving up shots and fumbling the ball when it mattered most. They remember him getting swept twice and embarrased 2 more times more then they remember him coming back from 3-1 or dominating the thunder. His legacy will be of a guy who lost more then he won when it mattered most.

If he's sitting up top of the all time points leaderboard 7-8 years from now people might remember things differently when his retirement tour comes along. But hey better to make the finals and lose than not to make them at all right everybody!?

I have a question for people, how many more finals do we actually expect Lebron to make for the rest of his career? Assuming he plays till age 40.

I'll tell you what tho

They were up 3-1 on the best regular season team in history.

I hate this narrative that OKC was this horrible situation for him. When he and Russ were both healthy, they were a top 3 squad in the league. And they were set to make moves during the offseason before he dipped.

I don't begrudge the guy joining GS, but tell the whole story.

finowns

The Warriors decided to get together? They drafted Draymond, Steph, and Klay, in mid-low first round picks your favorite team probably passed over. Get over it, they beat the game.

Ya GS is fairly organic. You can't really blame them for going after KD.

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo

Cavaliers are first team to be shut out in last 3 minutes of NBA Finals game since ...

Warriors in Game 7 last season
9:47 PM · Jun 7, 2017

Fjordson

Every single player in the NBA has earned what they have. Being an NBA player is such an insane accomplishment. Basketball is a global sport and you've only got a few hundred players in the NBA each year. You're in the top 1% of the top 1% if you make the league, even if you're some bench warmer.

Saying any NBA player hasn't earned their success is dumb as fuck. Especially someone as great as KD.

neptunes

They can....

...and it won't matter because they will be outgunned when faced against Golden State.
You could never be a competitive arhlete with that attitude.

Why would any other team in contention even attempt to play next season?

The heat looked scary too, even after that first finals loss

Trey

Warriors are about to achieve history with an unbeatable playoff run, and people are crying about the finals being boring lol

Truly some strange times, sorry if you didn't see, or didn't want to see this ass whooping coming.

KD's attitude. What bothered people about LeBron joining g Miami is pissing others off about KD. Dude out there like he's pulling the wagon.

Imagine a world where James leaves the Cavs to join Bosh and Wade to win a championship and get shat on for his attitude. Ah, wait...

Shit hot take tbh. KD singlehandedly won the 3 games in the NBA Finals for the Warriors. The difference too is that Lebron crapped on Cleveland, decided it was a smart idea to rub it in their faces with that idiotic "The Decision", and then contributed to the coasting attitude that almost got Spoelstra fired in the first year of the Big-3 era (before they ultimately smartened up). Durant didn't have to deal with any of that (unless you take tht Westbrook phone call seriously) and simply played his game (albeit with a few adjustments).

The only reason we got these huge amounts of complaints about Golden State is because they are not named Los Angeles Lakers.

WTF are you talking about? Have you seen how many Celtics fans we have in this thread?

Most other people have gotten used to the Lakers been the perennial pile on team though.
So much so that we still hear rumors of superstars going there even though their current roster sucks.

They were up 3-1 on the best regular season team in history.

I hate this narrative that OKC was this horrible situation for him. When he and Russ were both healthy, they were a top 3 squad in the league. And they were set to make moves during the offseason before he dipped.

I don't begrudge the guy joining GS, but tell the whole story.

Make moves ?!? lol classic

The same management and ownership that let Harden walk .

These assumptions are ridiculous

That was a fantastic game.

The hate is so real, it makes this win all the more satisfying. Many people showing their colors, not as NBA fans, but LeBron fans.

At least Warrior fans last year had legit excuses (That same ref ball shit was attempted again, this game. You know a team is unstoppable when even the refs can't change a series).

Excuses the other way are... the other team is TOO GOOD?

Sheesh.

LionPride

Banned
During those Lakers run, you still could've forward to them playing the Kings or Spurs
I very much enjoyed the Warriors Jazz series

I very much look forward ti seeing the warriors play good basketball

That's what I look forward to above all else

If he's sitting up top of the all time points leaderboard 7-8 years from now people might remember things differently when his retirement tour comes along. But hey better to make the finals and lose than not to make them at all right everybody!?

I have a question for people, how many more finals do we actually expect Lebron to make for the rest of his career? Assuming he plays till age 40.

Because there are handful of teams in the East who wouldn't even win Eurolague and if James keeps moving to the youngest/ most stacked team every five years, I'm gonna go with every single one. Now if he stayed in Cleveland he would've missed most of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom