• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much enjoyed the Warriors Jazz series

I very much look forward ti seeing the warriors play good basketball

That's what I look forward to above all else

I for one, am looking forward the most next year to seeing how KAT develops with Thibs in year dos.

And finally trading away Porzingas so I can free myself of the burden that is Knicks fandom.

Basketball Forever @Bballforeverfb

4th Quarters in 2017 NBA Finals-

Kevin Durant - 31 points (10-15)
LeBron James - 11 points (4-11)

Slim Reaper is feasting.

Chris Paul goes to the Bucks,Giannis develops even a passable shot, and they can beat em.

Sneaky talented team.

Naw, the Bucks can't do shit in full court sets. CP3 would definitely help them but their half court play is fucking bad and you need to be able to be effective in the 5 on 5 game to beat a team like the Warriors. They are like 2-3 years away from being legit threats to anyone.

Yeah, KD hasn't earned shit. Just a bum along for the ride, riding Zaza's coat tails to a ring.

Correct, he left his chance in OK to be self made and instead flew to GS to join others who were. And all he has to show for it is a stare down at Riahna and LeBron, the latter who won a ring last year by starting from scratch.

It's like every piece of evidence for why Lebron is nowhere close Jordan is right in front of us but we choose not to see it.

it's like someone made a troll post saying lebron was better than jordan and you want to prove them wrong by anti-riding his dick to the point of fucking absurdity

why are you like this in these threads and not anywhere else

Fjordson

Correct, he left his chance in OK to be self made and instead flew to GS to join others who were. And all he has to show for it is a stare down at Riahna and LeBron, the latter who won a ring last year by starting from scratch.
Starting from scratch? Who started from scratch??? Certainly not Cleveland.

I get that you're mad, but you're talking crazy bruh.

Slim Reaper is feasting.

Starting from scratch = joining a younger super team with two all stars, because his old team started to age.

Miracle

It's like every piece of evidence for why Lebron is nowhere close Jordan is right in front of us but we choose not to see it.

ea29bc1a18b2c9470c2545462836d13e.jpg

Loki

Count of Concision
MJ is the best basketball player I've ever seen. Having said that, he won when he had the better roster than his opponent. He lost when his opponent had the better roster than him. This is why the LeBron mysticism following the Durant signing was never particularly compelling. You can't "will your team to victory" when the other guys are simply better than you. That's not how basketball works.

Some teams Jordan beat that had equally/more talented rosters:

'91 Pistons
'92 Blazers
'93 Cavs, '93 Suns
'96 Magic, Sonics
'97 Hawks
'98 Pacers

Lebron has zero rings won by starting from scratch lmao. The Warriors are a starting from scratch team way more than anywhere Lebron played after his first stint in Cleveland.

Chris Paul goes to the Bucks,Giannis develops even a passable shot, and they can beat em.

Sneaky talented team.

I wish.

You could never be a competitive arhlete with that attitude.

Why would any other team in contention even attempt to play next season?

The heat looked scary too, even after that first finals loss

Because they have a competitive spirit I don't have and are getting paid to express it?

The Heat where a million times worse beyond the 3rd man and that's before you account for Wade's decline.

phanphare

Banned
They were up 3-1 on the best regular season team in history.

I hate this narrative that OKC was this horrible situation for him. When he and Russ were both healthy, they were a top 3 squad in the league. And they were set to make moves during the offseason before he dipped.

I don't begrudge the guy joining GS, but tell the whole story.

yeah, got bumped in the playoffs

that's what I said

TylerD

Legit LOLing at any idiot saying that the Cavs still have a chance in this series. "All they have to do is win 4 games against the team that added the 2nd best player in the league after breaking the regular season win record last season! It could totally happen guys!

Give me a fucking break.

Was that Westbrook or Kyrie out there after that KD 3? Fucking horrendous possession.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi

As LeBron James leaves Quicken Loans Arena, a Cavs fan shouts, "We'll get them next year, LeBron. Don't worry."
0:20

10:02 PM · Jun 7, 2017

Wedzi

Banned
Lebron has zero rings won by starting from scratch lmao. The Warriors are a starting from scratch team way more than anywhere Lebron played after his first stint in Cleveland.

How many players were on Miami's roster when he joined in 2010 lol and Cleveland was abysmal before he rejoined. People shouldn't downplay Warriors because Kevin Durant joined but they also should downplay Lebron either

Who the hell puts Kobe in the top 4 players of all time lol

Who the hell puts Kobe or James in top two? Everyone was saying that Kobe was either 1 or 2 when he was still playing. Everything happening right now is the greatest ever. No matter how diluted the talent pool is and no matter how little defense is played.

Kettch

Klay is one of the best 1 on 1 defenders in the league, and he's also one of the best shooters in the league. He's not a playmaker though. I actually don't think he would do well trying to carry a team as the #1 option. He's just the perfect supporting player.

J2 Cool

Slim Reaper is feasting.

Either Lebron's been in blowouts, or was exhausted by the end of the 4th to be fair. But still didn't make the right play in the biggest moments tonight, biggest game.

His block was amazing last year, but that game also became a standstill in the final minutes before Kyrie's iso broke it.

Tim Reynolds @ByTimReynolds

Cavs tonight: Finals record 44 3-pointers attempted, Finals record 32 3-pointers missed.
9:59 PM · Jun 7, 2017
16 RETWEETS
17 LIKES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom