• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickz

How bout we talk about the future instead of dwell on the past you guys? Lonzo worked out for the Lakers today. Lavar been shoring up his defense.

Stop acting like Magic isn't drafting Fox...

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

neptunes

Thibs is a good coach but he plays his starters way too many minutes. It wears them down and one of them always end up getting injured. If I remember correctly the trio of Wiggins, Towns, and LaVine were all in the top 5 for minutes per game this season.
top 5 minutes

Bron
Lowry
KAT
Wiggins
Butler

I'm sure Lavine would have cracked that list if he wasn't injured.

Edit: that's actually a good starting 5.

FZZ

Banned
How bout we talk about the future instead of dwell on the past you guys? Lonzo worked out for the Lakers today. Lavar been shoring up his defense.

Only person that will bitch smack this super team of two mvps in their fucking prime

BIG BALLERS ONLY

mjp2417

Banned
The 1993 Knicks and Suns were both better than the Bulls at the time. I don't know where he got the Cavs team. Unfortunately for the Suns, KJ never got healthy during that season and they lost Ceballos to injury, but that was a great and deep team which lost in game 6 on a last second shot.

Knicks were clearly the best team in the east. It took two perfect games from the Bulls the win that series, and a fairly bad game from the Knicks to lose game 5 at home.

And the "zero top five players" is a silly argument. Team is more than a collection of stars. Pacers might have been better because Bulls were playing on fumes and Pippen was already having back issues.

KJ not being healthy is a pretty enormous argument for the Bulls being better that year along with the fact the Suns were not a good defensive team at all. Unless you don't value defense. The 93 Knicks series was the one series during MJ's run where I legitimately believed the Bulls might lose, but that was more 3 years of accumulated Finals run fatigue and the Knicks being the perfect team to exploit that fatigue by beating the living shit out of Jordan and Pippen, not having more raw talent. And having a top 5 player is basically a prerequisite for winning an NBA title in virtually every era of basketball with precious few exceptions.

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA

Steph Curry has 20+ pts in last 13 playoff games, a career-high. Finals stats: 28.7 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 9 APG, 2 SPG, 44.8 FG%, 48.4 3PT%, 100 FT%
10:52 PM · Jun 7, 2017
27 RETWEETS
27 LIKES

·
3m

Replying to @AlexKennedyNBA
Not a typo: Steph Curry is averaging 9.7 rebounds in the Finals.

VeeP

Steph Curry has 20+ pts in last 13 playoff games, a career-high. Finals stats: 28.7 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 9 APG, 2 SPG, 44.8 FG%, 48.4 3PT%, 100 FT%
27 RETWEETS
27 LIKES

·
3m

Finals Curry.

Wedzi

Banned
Also one of the league most hated. They find everything to bitch about him about. I remember the media or something getting mad at his socks. lol

I read an article today about Iverson talking about how the NBA went after him with the dress code all the time. He was like the Ochocinco of NBA clothes lol

Fjordson

27 RETWEETS
27 LIKES

·
3m

Goddamn. Would be amazing to see Curry follow up last year's disappointment with a triple double average.

Viewership is higher than it's been for a long time in the finals. Yet "the warriors suck, super teams are bad" the ratings don't lie. The masses like love it.

Surfinn

Viewership is higher than it's been for a long time in the finals. Yet "the warriors suck, super teams are bad" the ratings don't lie. The masses like love it.

Yeah, it's still the trilogy. People still want to see it.. even if it's a slaughter. Will be interesting to see if the Cavs have any fight left.

Wedzi

Banned

27 RETWEETS
27 LIKES

·
3m

Holy shit I thought Durant was going to walk away with the finals MVP but maybe Curry deserves more consideration. I guess if the Cavs don't put up a great fight in game 4 I can look forward to a Curry vs Durant for first finals MVP

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

27 RETWEETS
27 LIKES

·
3m

Livingston to start game 4

What Kyrie is doing is simply incredible. I don't know how many times a guy his size can keep scoring contested layups against bigger and taller players consistently. What he's doing, you simply cannot practice. Literally wild circus layups every single game.

Cracklox

I know you're joking but AI was literally better than Kobe up until AI's career went on a downward spiral quick.

Yeah I dunno. And this is from a bit of a Kobe hater, and AI mark. Some of AIs 'best' years he barely shot 40% from the field. Love the dude and all, but I know who's hands I'd prefer the ball in, in a close game, if I had both at their prime.

Kobes ripped the heart out of too many teams I've been going for, to not give him some respect

91 Pistons were an old team on their last legs
92 Blazers second best player was Terry Porter
93 Cavs best player was Brad Daugherty
93 Suns second best player was Dan Majerle
96 Magic are the closet of this group, but this was a 2012 Heat-Thunder scenario of pre-prime vs. prime
96 Sonics had zero top 5 players and started Earvin "Not Magic" Johnson
97 Hawks I can't
98 Pacers zero top 5 players

Two stiffest challenges Jordan faced were the 93 Knicks (obviously less talented, but they matched up well) and the 98 Jazz (simply cuz the Bulls were pretty decrepit by that point). The 98 Jazz are the only real counter-argument because of Pippen's back in that series.
92 portland was stacked.

Knicks were clearly the best team in the east. It took two perfect games from the Bulls the win that series, and a fairly bad game from the Knicks to lose game 5 at home.

Screw Charles Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom