• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedzi

Banned
How did you infer that pic means Miracle has Kobe on Mount Rushmore? All I see in that pic is that Kobe is having a laugh at LeBron's expense.

The words on the picture aren't what Russell and Kobe are actually saying to one another. It implies Russell and Kobe are leagues better than Lebron and .... why the fuck am I explaining this lol

Klay is one of the best 1 on 1 defenders in the league, and he's also one of the best shooters in the league. He's not a playmaker though. I actually don't think he would do well trying to carry a team as the #1 option. He's just the perfect supporting player.

He's the guy I want the Spurs to make a push towards signing in a couple of years. By then Klay will have 2-3 rings with the Warriors and may want to go back to being at least a number 2 option offensively, which he would be with the Spurs. He's saying all the right things right now about only caring about winning, but I think the Spurs would have a shot.

LionPride

Banned
Who the hell puts Kobe or James in top two? Everyone was saying that Kobe was either 1 or 2 when he was still playing. Everything happening right now is the greatest ever. No matter how diluted the talent pool is and no matter how little defense is played.
I personally put LeBron #2

I think he's a better player than Jordan, but that's me

My top 5

Jordan
LeBron
Hakeem
Duncan
Magic

I believe the top five has to be a person's top player at the five positions

Ok, most sports shows and most forums.

No, not most shows or forums either. Kobe is literally one of the most divisive players in all of sports.

There was never a consensus where it was "most" in favor of Kobe.

What there was was, vocal pundits with in the moment hot takes but it was never "most".

My top 5

Jordan
LeBron
Hakeem
Duncan
Magic

So the NBA for you started in 1985 or so? Got it. Google Kareem, check out all the people he played against (hint: none of them were Tristan Thompson or Kelly Olynyk), check his career achievements and how long he played in an era with no charter flights and private planes. And he was the Finals MVP at 38yrs old vs one of the greatest front courts ever.

I mean Jesus Christ, have some respect or even a clue about basketball before you start making top five lists.

So the NBA for you started in 1985 or so? Got it. Google Kareem, check out all the people he played against (hint: none of them were Tristan Thompson or Kelly Olynyk), check his career achievements and how long he played in an era with no charter flights and private planes. And he was the Finals MVP at 38yrs old vs one of the greatest front courts ever.

I mean Jesus Christ, have some respect or even a clue about basketball before you start making top five lists.

Bruh, you don't need to go 100 all the time. Like, jeez, dial it back.

Shambala

Lol where did Kobe touch some of u show me on the doll. It's ok let it out. 😂 Kobe haters crack me up. Most likely cause he shitted on ur favorite team multiple times 🔥🔥🔥

LionPride

Banned

Kareem is my #2

But have fun being you

mjp2417

Banned
Some teams Jordan beat that had equally/more talented rosters:

'91 Pistons
'92 Blazers
'93 Cavs, '93 Suns
'96 Magic, Sonics
'97 Hawks
'98 Pacers

91 Pistons were an old team on their last legs
92 Blazers second best player was Terry Porter
93 Cavs best player was Brad Daugherty
93 Suns second best player was Dan Majerle
96 Magic are the closest of this group, but this was a 2012 Heat-Thunder scenario of pre-prime vs. prime
96 Sonics had zero top 5 players and started Earvin "Not Magic" Johnson
97 Hawks I can't
98 Pacers zero top 5 players

Two stiffest challenges Jordan faced were the 93 Knicks (obviously less talented, but they matched up well) and the 98 Jazz (simply cuz the Bulls were pretty decrepit by that point). The 98 Jazz are the only real counter-argument because of Pippen's back in that series.

random25

Lol where did Kobe touch some of u show me on the doll. It's ok let it out. 😂 Kobe haters crack me up. Most likely cause he shitted on ur favorite team multiple times 🔥🔥🔥

I don't even get why we're bringing up some retired player on a series that does not involve him.

91 Pistons were an old team on their last legs
92 Blazers second best player was Terry Porter
93 Cavs best player was Brad Daugherty
93 Suns second best player was Dan Majerle
96 Magic are the closet of this group, but this was a 2012 Heat-Thunder scenario of pre-prime vs. prime
96 Sonics had zero top 5 players and started Earvin "Not Magic" Johnson
97 Hawks I can't
98 Pacers zero top 5 players

Two stiffest challenges Jordan faced were the 93 Knicks (obviously less talented, but they matched up well) and the 98 Jazz (simply cuz the Bulls were pretty decrepit by that point). The 98 Jazz are the only real counter-argument because of Pippen's back in that series.

The 1993 Knicks and Suns were both better than the Bulls at the time. I don't know where he got the Cavs team. Unfortunately for the Suns, KJ never got healthy during that season and they lost Ceballos to injury, but that was a great and deep team which lost in game 6 on a last second shot.

Knicks were clearly the best team in the east. It took two perfect games from the Bulls the win that series, and a fairly bad game from the Knicks to lose game 5 at home.

And the "zero top five players" is a silly argument. Team is more than a collection of stars. Pacers might have been better because Bulls were playing on fumes and Pippen was already having back issues.

Wedzi

Banned

My top 5

Jordan
LeBron
Hakeem
Duncan
Magic

That's not a bad top five. I go back and fourth between Duncan, Kareem and Shaq but I generally go with the big fundamental given his defence plus I just think he has the highest skill set of any PF I've ever seen, granted I haven't been watching basketball for that long. I've never seen Jordan play other than Youtube videos and NBA TV lol

LionPride

Banned
That's not a bad top five. I go back and fourth between Duncan, Kareem and Shaq but I generally go with the big fundamental given his defence plus I just think he has the highest skill set of any PF I've ever seen, granted I haven't been watching basketball for that long. I've never seen Jordan play other than Youtube videos and NBA TV lol
For Center, my top 3 is Hakeem, Kareem, Shaq. That's solidified for me

For PF, it's Timmy and Dirk but there is such a hugh drop off from Timmy to Dirk for me

I for one, am looking forward the most next year to seeing how KAT develops with Thibs in year dos.

Thibs is a good coach but he plays his starters way too many minutes. It wears them down and one of them always end up getting injured. If I remember correctly the trio of Wiggins, Towns, and LaVine were all in the top 5 for minutes per game this season.

Nick Wright's twitter has been a joy to read. Went from "Cavs in 5" to "Welp."

Idk how you stan Lebron so hard that you forget the reality of the Golden State Warriors team. He underestimated the Warriors. What a fatal mistake.

Wedzi

Banned
Kevin Durant is earning that shit out there. He deserves it.

I used to think Kevin Durant was riding out Golden State when he first joined but the way he has taken over these finals has just been striking. He'll have earned his ring and most likely his finals MVP trophy.

Still would have been nice to see Westbrook and Durant get another crack at beating GS but that's ancient history now.

RedAssedApe

Banned
How bout we talk about the future instead of dwell on the past you guys? Lonzo worked out for the Lakers today. Lavar been shoring up his defense.

mwokqE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom