• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Yup, I would not be surprised if they win by 25+.

It should be interesting as Lebron is going to give his A+ game because he knows his legacy is on the line. However the Warriors have been on the receiving end of those 3-1 jokes for an entire year and this is their chance to not only make up for that but also get revenge on the team who did it to them. The Warriors, especially Draymond, would love to make this some historic blowout just to put the Cavs into their place.

Basketball fans who hate the Warriors are like Football fans who hated Barcelona at the top of their tiki taka power. It's a sight to behold, pure greatness and peak level play in all facets of the game.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

I think the Warriors play even better basketball than Barcelona did, like as a fan of both sports I enjoy watching the Warriors more and the stuff they do on the court is just unbelievable at times. Barcelona at the top of their games were a force to behold as well though so the analogy is completely valid.

LionPride

Banned
"You salty" is the new "why you mad bro" aka I don't have a good retort for your argument so I'll just attack you personally. Why does it bother you all so much that someone doesn't particularly care for something that you have no issue with? I don't go around talking shit about GS fans for rooting for this team. He doesnt bother me who someone else likes or dislikes.
It's tired and played out. It was played out by the Christmas game.

The man left a fine to good situation for a significantly better one and has shown out as a player there.

rambis

Banned
When Richard Jefferson is your starting Small Forward you know something is wrong. Lebron and Kyrie are more than enough playmakers compared to 90% of the teams in the league. Heck Deron Williams is on the roster and can still run an offense. What's really killing the Cavs outside of their lack of complimentary players is an actual offense. Playing iso-ball all game long can only take you so far. They have the 2nd deepest roster in the league but nobody compliments each other on the floor. No inside presence. Nobody outside of Kyle Korver and Channing Frye (whom barely sees the floor) can make people pay for cheating on double-teams. It's a flawed roster and it's getting exposed in the Finals.
They don't play ISO ball? They have a higher assisted FG percentage than the Spurs ffs.
Deron can not run the offense which was abundently clear yesterday as they tried it. Kyrie cannot get the ball to players either. Its like we are watching two different games.

Royce McCutcheon

The man left a fine to good situation for a significantly better one and has shown out as a player there.

So he wasn't playing good on OKC? He's literally doing the same thing as last year with better teammates, do people think this is a turnaround?

If they played the Spurs as well it would've played out the same way. The Cavs are a flawed team. It'll be funny to see how Lebron handles the offseason and what other demands he'll have for Gilbert.

not sure about that at all.

and again, "flawed" because they can't do what no one else could either?

rambis

Banned

Ok good for him? Im not here for it. Why is this an issue? Grow thicker skin.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
you'd think basketball purists would love to see the modern form of basketball played at the highest level

I've attended every GSW playoff home game thus far for this reason.

I was there for that special game in December against the Pacers. I remember watching Klay Thompson hit an incredible 3 with a few minutes left in the third quarter to put him at 57 points and the team at 110 with Indiana in the 70s and watching the crowd explode and thinking to myself, "This is it. This is the best basketball you have ever seen and possibly will ever see. Be present, enjoy this." I implore others do the same.

Gorillaz

The league is in a fucked up position too because nobody is trying to take pay cuts to make a contending superteam happen unless they know that ring is guaranteed like KD. CP3 leaving to spurs for what? Possibility go just make it to the WCF? If even that?

At this point I can see some of these guys just getting whatever payday they can and riding off into the sunset.

They don't play ISO ball? They have a higher assisted FG percentage than the Spurs ffs.
Deron can not run the offense which was abundently clear yesterday as they tried it. Kyrie cannot get the ball to players either. Its like we are watching two different games.

It's basically iso-ball. Swing the ball to Lebron. size-up for the drive. Swing it to Kyrie for the same... rinse repeat. When the D collapses kick it out for a 3 or dish to a cutter. That's 80% of their offense.

Tom Penny

LeBron puts up triple doubles he needs more help and he's GOAT. YNB averages like 40 point triple double in the playoffs with zero floor spacing and any other great players and he's a ball hogging loser.

phanphare

Banned
Basketball fans who hate the Warriors are like Football fans who hated Barcelona at the top of their tiki taka power. It's a sight to behold, pure greatness and peak level play in all facets of the game.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

east coasters who hate west coast teams.

Boogs31

they're both technically fouls but iggy was selling them as well

the first one should have been called as it was a really blatant shove in the back, the second one is a let em play no call for me. lebron is gonna get away with that slight chicken wing every time.

If you claim they were both fouls yet neither were called, why are you blaming iggy for trying to sell them? If anything, the lesson he would have learned from those plays is he should sell them even more to try and get a proper call.

phanphare

Banned
If you claim they were both fouls yet neither were called, why are you blaming iggy for trying to sell them? If anything, the lesson he would have learned from those plays is he should sell them even more to try and get a proper call.

I wasn't blaming iggy necessarily just saying he was selling them. a foul can still be a foul even if the other player sells it and honestly in today's league you almost have to sell some fouls to get the refs to take notice.

TTG

The refs let that game get way too physical from the get go. No way any player should be getting away with those kinds of non basketball plays.

NBA isn't some antiseptic ballet with a basketball. No egregious flopping from the superstars, tough hard fought game. Without having rewatched it, it looked inconsistent, but not unfair on the part of the refs.

phanphare

Banned
the officiating in the first half was complete garbage imo

it was still kind of garbage in the second half but it was equally garbage for both teams at least

the officiating in the first half was complete garbage imo

it was still kind of garbage in the second half but it was equally garbage for both teams at least

Any one who watched it lastnight can obviously see how one-sided the officiating was lastnight. The refs gave the Cavs every chance possible to walk away with a win and they blew it. Calls went both ways but the majority of them heavily favoured the Cavs. There was no level of balance the way it was officiated lastnight.

JR smacked Curry on his chest in front of the refs before Iggy had a put back
Was hilarious to see when they kept showing the replay.

I saw ticket prices hit $90 for like a few minutes immediately after the game was over.
If I could get tickets for $50 I'd go , buy a $300 plane ticket and watch

But if the Warriors lost I'd blame myself D:

rambis

Banned
LeBron puts up triple doubles he needs more help and he's GOAT. YNB averages like 40 point triple double in the playoffs with zero floor spacing and any other great players and he's a ball hogging loser.
I don't think anybody would disagree that WB needs alot more help. But the obvious difference in their triple doubles is that James is more effecient by a country mile. Your passive agressiveness is a sight to see though.

TTG

It's the next day and my head hurts. I may actually rewatch the whole game sometime before the next one, I don't think that's too nerdy. Some morning after thought:

- Tristan Thompson is gonna have some sort of post season surgery, right?
- Shumpert makes Javale look like Magic. Dude, how are you this dumb?
- D Wade was eating frozen spaghetti with a Yetti watching last night and he got the chills cause Durant is so cold.
- GSW allowed a million 3 point shots again, a lot of them great looks, and they still won't go down for Cleveland.

Nick Wright's twitter has been a joy to read. Went from "Cavs in 5" to "Welp."

Idk how you stan Lebron so hard that you forget the reality of the Golden State Warriors team. He underestimated the Warriors. What a fatal mistake.

Must have been the only one on the planet who could have said Cavs in 5

Fjordson

Anyone put any stock into this? https://theringer.com/2017-nba-fina...iers-los-angeles-lakers-clippers-25e353094845

The LeBron noise echoes what The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski wrote last year: With a Finals victory for Cleveland secure, James could get to “run off with his buddies again somewhere warm.”

Multiple league sources I’ve spoken to think the Lakers or Clippers are viable destinations for King James. Jalen Rose said this week on First Take that he expects LeBron to make a move from Cleveland to California, where he already owns a house 30 minutes away from Staples Center.

Lime

How was that not a foul by IIguodala in the final possession with Lebron on the baseline 3? It was clear as day.

Tom Penny

I don't think anybody would disagree that WB needs alot more help. But the obvious difference in their triple doubles is that James is more effecient by a country mile. Your passive agressiveness is a sight to see though.
How do you feel about Curry currently averaging about a 30 point triple double this series...

phanphare

Banned

absolutely. lebron did the one thing he was supposed to do in his NBA career. he can do whatever he wants now.

How do you feel about Curry currently averaging about a 30 point triple double this series...

finals curry has been amazing. a return to form after last season that will probably get the people who shat on his 2015 series to look at it again considering there isn't a trend anymore.

he's only averaging 9 assists though, I think

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'd love to see both LeBron and CP3 go to San Antonio (I know financially it's near impossible) and still watch the Warriors beat them in six.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom