• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambis

Banned
What a game. James and Irving were magnificent...maybe the best I've ever seen either of them. The rest of the Cavs played well (yes Love wasn't hitting shots but he was doing some great work on the boards and kept the floor spread). The Warriors just have too much and it comes at you too fast. Draymond didn't play well by his standards (looked like he was too amped) but Curry/Durant/Thompson created problems all over the floor. Pachulia was awful although he did decent work keeping TT off the boards - there might be potential upgrades for the Warriors at the center position next year for someone looking to take a haircut to get a ring.

I keep seeing articles that say "LeBron/Irving need more help!" and then go on to mention possible trades/free agents that help them offensively...that is not their problem. You could throw Melo or Westbrook on to this team (or both for that matter) and that wouldn't help them score more or stop the Warriors. What we're seeing is a change in the way basketball is played - this is Kasparov v. Deep Blue or a single server versus a distributed system.
The Cavs absolutely need another good playmaker. Kyrie in almost 7 seasons still cannot compently run the teams offense and at this point you have to assume he never will be. Dwill was supposed to address this but he's a worthless corpse. All this CP3 to Spurs talk but the Cavs need him the most. The way the team just craters when Lebron is out is inexplicable.

Tom Penny

The Cavs absolutely need another good playmaker. Kyrie in almost 7 seasons still cannot compently run the teams offense and at this point you have to assume he never will be. Dwill was supposed to address this but he's a worthless corpse. All this CP3 to Spurs talk but the Cavs need him the most. The way the team just craters when Lebron is out is inexplicable.
All the Cavs need is 4 Allstars instead of 3. The rest of East has it so much easier.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Jesus H Christ, I've been away all night due to end-of-year school related activities and the thread exploded.

Guess we'll have to scrub through the pages tomorrow and clean up after the more severe obnoxious and/or off-topic trollage. Even got a couple complaint PMs. Stop flooding my Inbox.

...is this an attempt at a mod staff dig? What are you trying to say?

I expect a response in the next 10 hours.
?????

I meant KD doesn't belong in the debate, so would he be the guy setting it up between Kobe/Jordan/Lebron. Like the one lady on First Take

Jarmel

Banned
dbxel9vuaaaql4kcopia4xsv2.jpg

tired

All the Cavs need is 4 Allstars instead of 3. The rest of East has it so much easier.

The Cavs need complimentary players. KLove is a good player, but he doesn't compliment the other two Stars on the roster at all. That also applies to the bench. They are basically comprised off of aging vets that are chasing a ring that don't fill a proper role for the team. It doesn't help that they're way over the salary cap. The Cavs in their current state are doomed if they don't do any major changes to the roster. The problem is Lebron will probably bolt if they even attempt to do any changes. It's the same issue they had in Miami.

x-Lundz-x

To be fair, Dirk never got to play with other future Hall of Famers like Robinson, Ginobili, Parker, Aldridge and Kawhi. Frankly, I'd put Dirk's 2011 championship with Jason Terry as their second best player vs the Heat as a more impressive run than any of Duncan's championship.

You know whats up. :)

Tom Penny

The Cavs need complimentary players. KLove is a good player, but he doesn't compliment the other two Stars on the roster at all. That also applies to the bench. They are basically comprised off of aging vets that are chasing a ring that don't fill a proper role for the team. It doesn't help that they're way over the salary cap. The Cavs in their current state are doomed if they don't do any major changes to the roster. The problem is Lebron will probably bolt if they even attempt to do any changes. It's the same issue they had in Miami.
Cavs had more shooting off their bench then any team
In the NBA. It's funny how people forget how they were tearing the Nets from deep the entire playoffs until the Finals.

Frontrunner exposes.

To be fair, Dirk never got to play with other future Hall of Famers like Robinson, Ginobili, Parker, Aldridge and Kawhi. Frankly, I'd put Dirk's 2011 championship with Jason Terry as their second best player vs the Heat as a more impressive run than any of Duncan's championship.

Dirk's run was Jordan's entire shooting career distilled in a single playoff run. Unguardable, and he could not miss.

still can't get over how bad Deron Williams has been in these finals.

A liability on both ends.

Well, he wasn't good enough to play on the Mavs, a team that missed the playoffs.

if you're fan of basketball, you should just be in awe of what the warriors are doing.

This is perfect and it encapsules how utterly confused I am to how fast this thread went to shit because people got salty as fuck for no reason. The Warriors play amazing basketball. They play some absolute great defense and the offense they run is beautiful. They don't get by simply on talent, like the Cavs do with all that iso ball and shit defensive rotations, they have a fantastic system that is just awesome to watch.

the salt here is pretty tame compared to the espn comments section imo

i would like nothing more than for golden state to blow out cavs by 30+ points.

would be fun to watch

rambis

Banned

They have all the complimentry players they need. The only problem is that there is nobody on the roster that can consistently get them the ball outside of Lebron. This was the main thing Kyrie and Lebron bumped heads about in the start of this. Eventually Lue and supposedly Kobe convinced them to let him be who he is which worked last year but obviously not anymore. And people balked and Lebrons suggestion they were short playmaking earlier this year.

finowns

Eh most Americans are bandwagoners that will hop on whatever the newest wave is. Warriors are not an unpopular team by any stretch of the word.

Its generally basketball purists that hate the Warriors for obvious reasons.

You shouldn't be bitter. Warriors won't be around forever, enjoy this, they're a fun team to watch.

rambis

Banned
You shouldn't be bitter. Warriors won't be around forever, enjoy this, they're a fun team to watch.
Im not? Its soured my opinion on KD forever who I legitimately thought was an awesome player before this but I doubt that matters to anyone.

LionPride

Banned
Im not? Its soured my opinion on KD forever who I legitimately thought was an awesome player before this but I doubt that matters to anyone.
What makes him less of an awesome player?

This season he cemented his position as the best player on a stacked Warriors team, cemented that when it all goes down he'll likely end up with a couple of rings, made money, oh and played some of the best ball of his career.

airjoca

Basketball fans who hate the Warriors are like Football fans who hated Barcelona at the top of their tiki taka power. It's a sight to behold, pure greatness and peak level play in all facets of the game.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Did you just put Aldridge in the HoF??

rambis

Banned
What makes him less of an awesome player?

This season he cemented his position as the best player on a stacked Warriors team, cemented that when it all goes down he'll likely end up with a couple of rings, made money, oh and played some of the best ball of his career.
He was obviously the best player in their series last year. He didnt need to play with them to prove this. Okc wouldve been the favorites against CLE as well.

But he's a coward who tried to frame his chump move as a great challenge, idc if anyone disagrees.

LionPride

Banned
He was obviously the best player in their series last year. He didnt need to play with them to prove this. Okc wouldve been the favorites against CLE as well.

But he's a coward who tried to frame his chump move as a great challenge, idc if anyone disagrees.
How is it a chump move?

He made the move that would net him a win. What else is he supposed to do

bionic77

Why do we suddenly hate Kobe now
In these threads you are either the greatest or absolute trash.

After last nights game I believe I saw the following incredibly hot takes:

LeBron is trash because of Finals records.

Durant is trash because he is a beta bitch for running to the Warriors.

Kobe is trash because he was carried by Shaq.

Curry is trash because he is a choker in the Finals.

Irving is trash because he missed like the first 3 and last shots he took (the 15 miraculous shots he made in quarters 2 and 3 don't count).

The entire Cavs roster is hot fucking garbage and could not play with most of us in a YMCA game because they lost (this might be true of Tristan Thompson).

Ty Lue is trash because did you see his face? What the fuck happened to his face?

The NBA is trash because the Warriors are playing basketball better than possibly any non-Cedric Ceballos led team has ever played it.

This thread is trash because most people don't agree with my hot takes.

In reality that was an amazing game. Probably one of the best Finals games I have seen. Both teams made a ton of amazing shots. I am not a fan of either team and I was loving it because both teams made so many clutch plays that kept swinging momentum until the very end when KD just straight murdered Cleveland in that final minute.

rambis

Banned
How is it a chump move?

He made the move that would net him a win. What else is he supposed to do
He didnt need to make that move. Last years Warriors were far from unbeatable, they were up 3-1 against them. Taking the easiest possible way out and claiming its the hardest is absoultely chump shit.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
The fact that people still complain about the quality of gameplay and discredit KD after yesterday's classic proves how pointless these discussions currently are.

They have all the complimentry players they need. The only problem is that there is nobody on the roster that can consistently get them the ball outside of Lebron. This was the main thing Kyrie and Lebron bumped heads about in the start of this. Eventually Lue and supposedly Kobe convinced them to let him be who he is which worked last year but obviously not anymore. And people balked and Lebrons suggestion they were short playmaking earlier this year.

When Richard Jefferson is your starting Small Forward you know something is wrong. Lebron and Kyrie are more than enough playmakers compared to 90% of the teams in the league. Heck Deron Williams is on the roster and can still run an offense. What's really killing the Cavs outside of their lack of complimentary players is an actual offense. Playing iso-ball all game long can only take you so far. They have the 2nd deepest roster in the league but nobody compliments each other on the floor. No inside presence. Nobody outside of Kyle Korver and Channing Frye (whom barely sees the floor) can make people pay for cheating on double-teams. It's a flawed roster and it's getting exposed in the Finals.

rambis

Banned
Salty ass people who can't handle that someone left a good situation for a better one
"You salty" is the new "why you mad bro" aka I don't have a good retort for your argument so I'll just attack you personally. Why does it bother you all so much that someone doesn't particularly care for something that you have no issue with? I don't go around talking shit about GS fans for rooting for this team. He doesnt bother me who someone else likes or dislikes.

it worked until they met one of the greatest teams to ever step foot on a basketball court.

this is much more about the warriors than it is about the cavs.

They're going to be looking to humiliate the Cavs. They've been looking forward to this moment for the entire year.
I hope so! Also:

Chris Walder @WalderSports

Someone on NBA Reddit just asked whether James Comey in his prime could grab more rebounds in the NBA Finals than Tristan Thompson.
7:45 AM · Jun 8, 2017

it worked until they met one of the greatest teams to ever step foot on a basketball court.

this is much more about the warriors than it is about the cavs.

If they played the Spurs as well it would've played out the same way. The Cavs are a flawed team. It'll be funny to see how Lebron handles the offseason and what other demands he'll have for Gilbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom