• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambis

Banned
How do you feel about Curry currently averaging about a 30 point triple double this series...

He was great the whole game which was mostly close yesterday so kudos to him. I will add yesterdays number to my model but Im sure he will rise above the pedestrian 38% he's been at.

Honestly, LeBron should have waited for the last 4/5 years of his career to go back home
Like when he was 35/36

He's stuck now, a good number of Cavs fans will hate him if he leaves, even when he's given them all he's got and a title. People are dicks

Tall4Life

Honestly, LeBron should have waited for the last 4/5 years of his career to go back home
Like when he was 35/36

He's stuck now, a good number of Cavs fans will hate him if he leaves, even when he's given them all he's got and a title. People are dicks
4/5 years from now the Cavs wont have this roster, he wouldn't win again/go back unless they started drafting well

Like when he was 35/36

He probably wouldn't have been able to bring them a championship at that point in his career. Most Cavs fans (myself included) will be fine with whatever he does as he brought the Cavs their first title and the first title to Cleveland in over half a century.

phanphare

Banned
Like when he was 35/36

there will be salt but I doubt it'd be anything like the OG decision. he gave them a championship. he can do whatever he wants now.

I expect him to leave to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if he notifies the Knicks that him and Chris Paul will walk on over there and the Knicks can Phil Jackson to make it happen. It'll be another super team and he'll kind of get the last laugh with Phil Jackson and his posse comments from earlier in the year. Chris Paul, Melo and Lebron have always talked about wanting to play together as well.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
How was that not a foul by IIguodala in the final possession with Lebron on the baseline 3? It was clear as day.

You usually know what the right call is if the player that was shooting isn't complaining about it. Lebron didn't even look at the officials. He knew there was no call to make.

Someone help me out here. And I ain't trying to hate - I like LeBron. I'm a fan of neither team.
I've been cursed as a Knicks fan since birth.

That said, the narratives flying around about the Cavs confuse me. The Warriors are no doubt a "super team," no matter how you want to define that. But what is Cleveland's excuse? They:

(1) Have spent more money putting their team together.

(2) Have had far better draft positioning in assembling this incarnation of the team.

(3) Have the benefit of having the best player in the world since LBJ signed in 2014.

(4) Have used the aforementioned money and draft picks to build exactly the team LBJ wanted when he signed, for the sole purpose of being a "super team" that would compete for rings.

(5) Have the benefit of playing in a competitively diluted conference where they can sleepwalk to the Finals every year and conserve their best effort for their WC opponent.

So, people bitch about the Warriors and throw a pity party for the Cavs, but honestly, with all the above shit in mind, what's the excuse?

rambis

Banned
Zaza injured Durant and, after a small adjustment, the Warriors ran off 13 straight. So, no, Cavs wouldn't have a chance.

I wasn't aware they played the Cavs in that stretch. I seriously doubt they would be dominating without KD and Thompson struggling as he was up until last night. I don't anybody else on the Warriors hits that walkup three to give them the lead either with less than a minute. Kd makes them a completely different team.

Nafai1123

Banned
They're arrogant trolls. I honestly expect them to pull some shit for the Cavs come Halloween time if the sweep happens.

Nothing wrong with some good-hearted jabbin. It's just a game after all.
9f3903505ed50302cd36e79750a64ec2

Someone help me out here. And I ain't trying to hate - I like LeBron. I'm a fan of neither team.

That said, the narratives flying around about the Cavs confuse me. The Warriors are no doubt a "super team," no matter how you want to define that. But what is Cleveland's excuse? They:

(2) Have had far better draft positioning in assembling this incarnation of the team.

(3) Have the benefit of having the best player in the world since LBJ signed in 2014.

(4) Have used the aforementioned money and draft picks to build exactly the team LBJ wanted when he signed, for the sole purpose of being a "super team" that would compete for rings.

(5) Have the benefit of playing in a competitively diluted conference where they can sleepwalk to the Finals every year and conserve their best effort for their WC opponent.

So, people bitch about the Warriors and throw a pity party for the Cavs, but honestly, with all the above shit in mind, what's the excuse?

The bolded above is the answer to your question.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I wasn't aware they played the Cavs in that stretch. I seriously doubt they would be dominating without KD and Thompson struggling as he was up until last night. I don't anybody else on the Warriors hits that walkup three to give them the lead either with less than a minute. Kd makes them a completely different team.
Of course you don't even consider Steph doing it. That's totally out of character for him. Pull up 3? What's that? Completely not in his bag of tricks.

VeeP

If Zaza injured Curry, maybe they had a chance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This isn't true. See, what you might not know, and what this thread taught me, is Curry is not a clutch player. And he's useless in the finals. He's useless. Give him to the Cavs and they would probably bench him most of the game because he's not clutch enough. What Cavs need is more iso ball and clutchness, and Curry's not about that life.

rambis

Banned
Of course you don't even consider Steph doing it. That's totally out of character for him. Pull up 3? What's that? Completely not in his bag of tricks.
Of course thats an easy shot for Curry but again, he has shrunken more often than not in close Finals possesions. Again he was 38% on shots taken with the score within 10pts this series before last night.

Why do they need an excuse? Last year they beat a team that had the best record in NBA history. Said team went out and picked up the second best basketball player on earth.

The Cavs are a great team. The Warriors are just better.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Of course thats an easy shot for Curry but again, he has shrunken more often than not in close Finals possesions. Again he was 38% on shots taken with the score within 10pts this series before last night.
You're going down with this ship. I get it.

The narrative is downright stupid. The Cavs were built to be a super team as well and they are ridiculously talented. It's always the same narrative when it comes to Lebron, it's infuriating. When he wins, he won alone. When he loses, he doesn't get enough help. It's always about him and that's not only on the media, compare the interviews given by both teams on this 3 Finals. Lebron constantly reminds people of his greatness, while anyone on the Warriors is usually talking about the team, naming other players as keys. And that's because Lebron is a fucking me first asshole who is so insecure about his legacy, and make no mistakes he absolutely is, and that just sets the tone for the narratives around his teams. It's always about them being shit despite all the insane talent that surrounds him. Even when the talent is questionable it's the dudes he wanted, no team should ever pay over 40 million US dollars to trash like Iman, Tristan and JR Fuckball, but that's how he wanted.

But hey it worked and they got a ring. It's still infuriating how fast it goes from the Cavs (or Heat) being legendary to them being shit teams that poor Lebron carries by himself.

VeeP

box score = fake news

it was writ

I'm joking

This is true. See, only reason Curry was even able to score when they were down was because Warriors were up 2-0 and he had less pressure on him. To put it simply... he's not a clutch player, and he shrinks in these finals. Shrinks. He just disappears. Useless. Can Warriors trade him already? Hell, if Warriors had an actually point guard like John Wall Cavs would've been blown out by 30 in these finals in every game.

Nafai1123

Banned

Rambis I'm expecting your revised paper on the Finality of Choke Threshold in Currynated Pressure Systems by Friday or else I'm giving you a 0 out of 4.

rambis

Banned
You're going down with this ship. I get it.
He was great last game as I already acknowledged but I still don't just accept whatever hyperbole gets thrown around. I just doubt Curry would have the same unshakable confidence that Durant does in those situations. KD reperesents an element that the Warriors have been missing in the Finals.

Gorillaz

Cavs fans and in general cleveland can't really say shit if he does leave

I even said it last year dude has free reign to do whatever he wants just for simply winning for them

Trey

I don't see a better landing spot for him than Cleveland. Unless he goes to like, the warriors or some shit.

Wont be surprised if he dip to L.A., already thinking about his career after playing ....Ohio vs California ....where would a job oppotunitey be at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom