• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Then LeBron goes out in the WCF instead of the ECF, which is immediately why he would NEVER DO IT. He has a clean lane to the finals as is. Kevin O'Connor is a hack

Trey

Maxing out the cap deep into the luxury tax in order to assemble the corpse of Melo and Wade, with CP3 passed his prime on top of it? I don't care how great you are: that core might not win a playoff round, nevermind coming out the west.

hbkdx12

Finals MVP so far? KD I believe

Statistically, Curry is in the conversation which is kind of the bittersweet thing in all this given so many people believe curry is destined to never show up in the finals.

But the tenacity KD has played with this series and the whole season long narrative that's surrounded him, it's hard believe he doesn't get it.

Nafai1123

Banned
Nxq2Bm.gif

Edit: Also

VmBkxo.gif

Servbot24

Banned
If Steph goes supernova on Friday he might take it

He goes supernova to lead a comeback, yeah. Otherwise KD got it locked.

Which is crazy cuz Steph is on the verge of a 30 point triple double this series. LeBron and KD basically have similar numbers.

You can throw Kawhi in the mix but I think we're looking at the 3 best players in basketball this series

Phanphare pls ��. Chokers can't be MVPs.

When did he choke?

random25

Another rumor of superstar move to Los Angeles? Like we're back a decade ago or something...

Just go to some small market team that you can make big. New Orleans for example.

Or you know...Indiana lol

Mrbob

Statistically, Curry is in the conversation which is kind of the bittersweet thing in all this given so many people believe curry is destined to never show up in the finals.

But the tenacity KD has played with this series and the whole season long narrative that's surrounded him, it's hard believe he doesn't get it.
Steph isn't shooting well enough and has too many turnovers.

If Steph goes supernova on Friday he might take it

IMO he won't. KD single handedly fucked up an entire city when this was still a series. If you're a clevelander I'm not sure what's worse, that 3 or the fact that when this is done they have the Browns to look forward to. He has given them a fate worse than the Browns, that's FMVP stuff right there.

He was great last game as I already acknowledged but I still don't just accept whatever hyperbole gets thrown around. I just doubt Curry would have the same unshakable confidence that Durant does in those situations. KD reperesents an element that the Warriors have been missing in the Finals.
Like last years WCF? Curious how Curry's shakeable confidence was then and how KD's was? I forget. Maybe you can pull your mental gymnastics stat sheet and tell us your story. He had a 75% TS while scoring the highest PPG in the 4th in 2015's final. But you know.. dat shakeable confidence statline just held him back. :eek:

They need some Jaime Lannister "Kingslayer" shirts.
Oh my God. Someone tweet this to KD, Curry and Green lmao. This would be incredible. :eek:

164N0.gif

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Steph not gonna win MVP because he doesn't deserve it. 29/10/9 is amazing, especially in the finals, and not too far from KD. However, KD is shooting lights out. 56% from the field and 52% from 3. This on top of the defense in game 2 and the dagger last night.... it will take some heroics by Steph to take the trophy.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm watching the postgame conference for KD and Curry. KD still looks locked in. There's talk about how tense and serious he's become during the playoffs and I believe it. Dude wants that chip badly.

rambis

Banned
Like last years WCF? Curious how Curry's shakeable confidence was then and how KD's was? I forget. Maybe you can pull your mental gymnastics stat sheet and tell us your story. He had a 75% TS while scoring the highest PPG in the 4th in 2015's final. But you know.. dat shakeable confidence statline just held him back. :eek:

What is it with you and moving goalposts?

From my data yesterday, not sure what mental gymnastics you speak of cause these are the rawest of numbers.

2015 Curry made 47/103 FGs for 46% from the field
2016 Curry made 37/92 FGs for 40% from the field.
2017 so far? 9/24 FGs for 38% from the field.

2015 Finals was his best year performing in close minutes. But I wonder how much of that was him having to look at Delly vs Irving for the bulk of the night.

Cornbread78

I'm watching the postgame conference for KD and Curry. KD still looks locked in. There's talk about how tense and serious he's become during the playoffs and I believe it. Dude wants that chip badly.

well, he certainly choose the right place to be handed one.

These situations are nothing alike. AD almost certainly not getting traded and he sure as hell isn't getting traded for anything the Cavs could offer.
could pull off a 3 teamer, but i agree it's not realistic right now. he's just the type of talent the cavs need to add if they're going to beat the warriors the next few years.

regardless, i'd bet all my money davis is gone via trade or fa when this contract expires (or is set to expire).

I'd like to see him try to go to Golden State. It may finally be the only way for the league to clamp down on OP teams.

He won't do it but if he wants to go to a team and play for the vet minimum what could the league do about that? The NBAPA might be pissed at him but it's his choice.

could pull off a 3 teamer, but i agree it's not realistic right now. he's just the type of talent the cavs need to add if they're going to beat the warriors the next few years.

regardless, i'd bet all my money davis is gone via trade or fa when this contract expires (or is set to expire).

There's no realistic way for the Cavs to get Davis even with another team involved. As for him getting moved, he's not a FA until 2021 and there's a good chance he'll be up for a ridiculously large super-max contract by then. Maybe he gets moved in 2020 but it would be surprising.

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/1...y-davis-new-orleans-pelicans-contract-options

This would put Davis up for a possible extension in the summer of 2019. Using some rough (very rough) estimates of a $110 million cap and 7.5% raises New Orleans could hypothetically offer a six year extension (beginning in the 2019-20 season) worth nearly $275 million.

Compare that to what Davis could seek on the free agent market in 2020. First, he's less over $11 million at the outset because the Pelicans could give him a substantial raise for the 2019-20 season rather than play out the remainder of his contract. Second, the Pelicans begin at 35% instead of 30% on the market and 7.5% raises instead of 4.5%. Third, they offer an additional year guaranteeing the 2024-25 season. The total difference in earnings from 2019-2024, ignoring the extra year, is nearly $50 million.

random25

Why? They'd not receive anything they need but would lose a pure scorer and great ball handler, increasing Bron's load on ball handling even more.

Anthony Davis instantly makes your offense and defense better. The dude can flat out score with a much better clip than Kyrie, and can guard just about anybody one on one. A decent PG is enough of a replacement for the position.

Ripenen

Cavs should work a trade to replace Kyrie with CP3. Get a point guard who can actually distribute the ball and get other players involved, while also contributing defensively and not making completely boneheaded plays at key moments.

FZZ

Banned
he didnt have a chance while in OKC, Westbrook would just drive in thru a triple team ....

Really because I remember KD jacking up shots doing hero ball with no confidence

Whereas here he "practiced that shot his whole life"

He's fraudulent

KD awful

There's a reason he didn't knock that shot down for OKC game 6 but did for warriors

Westbrook being the reason why. Like I've said before, Durant winning FMVP and Westbrook winning regular season MVP would be a perfect microcosm of their playing styles and mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom