• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkdx12

Listening to Lue from last night, it sounds like he was completely out of his element. I mean...you can't even remember what happened? It's your fucking job as coach to know how to handle the last 2 minutes. If you can't do that your not doing your job. Should've been yelling at Irving to go 2-for-1 after KD's 3, and should've been yelling at his guys to foul after Irving missed, especially when Curry stupidly passed to Dray before he got it to KD. Clock management at the end was absolutely abysmal for the Cavs.
Your criticism rests on the idea that lue actually coaches the team.

I can easily envision a scenario where at that point lue is just giving general guidance like "stay in front of your man" and shit like that and just trusts that kyrie or Lebron is gonna save the day and secure the win in those final minutes.

Even when Durant hits the 3, you can see steph curry turn his back and celebrate probably with the assumption a timeout was going to be called to then have to scramble back on defense and lost his mouth piece.

Lue didn't know what he was doing.

Your criticism rests on the idea that lue actually coaches the team.

I can easily envision a scenario where at that point lue is just giving general guidance like "stay in front of your man" and shit like that and just trusts that kyrie or Lebron is gonna save the day and secure the win in those final minutes.

Even when Durant hits the 3, you can see steph curry turn his back and celebrate probably with the assumption a timeout was going to be called to then have to scramble back on defense and lost his mouth piece.

Lue didn't know what he was doing.

You can tell this guy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about lol. Get out of here with this youtube comment bullshit

beat

2001 Lakers is the only team I think could legit beat the Warriors, but even then it would be such a fuck shit fuck kind of series because there just isn't anyone like Shaq around today. He would dunk all over the Warriors, but the Warriors would rain 3s all over him. It really could go either way.

My theory: the Dubs should play small. Exclusively front prime Shaq in the half court and avoid fouling. So what if he goes 100% on twos? Play five out on offense and there'll be open threes the whole way... Might be enough to win.

(Is it really that much worse than the guy who suggested that these Cavs should intentionally throw the ball out of bounds on wasted possessions rather than risk a fast break the other way?)

If I remember that one article, I believe Warriors fans actually had a better rating than Cavs fans in terms of showing up when they suck

damn, the days when warriors tickets were cheap and comes with pepsi, hotdog and a bag of chips for nose bleed sections ....i used to get free tickets too games and they were behind the other teams players ....ticket price suck now, and it gonna be even worst when they move across to the city ..

Kickz

lol at the bandwagons fans acting like they were always Warriors fans.

9wmNe.gif

Lakers fans gotta have options man.

I'm a Spurs fan but got a soft spot for the Warriors solely due to Sarunas Marciulionis playing for them. That guy and obviously Sabonis were insane here in Europe for any kid following the game at the time.

Sam Amico @AmicoHoops

Spoke with NBA executive who predicted #Cavs overcome 3-0 deficit to win title this year. "I stand by it. Just don't use my name" #NBAFinals
Wow looks like I really am gonna do it. Man this is dope 🔥

Fjordson

The bandwagon shit is really getting old. I remember way back when the Dubs were starting Harrison Barnes. When they were playing Anderson Varejao in the playoffs. It's been a long, tough road.

TTG

Dragic, Waiters the goat, Lebron, Chris Bosh somehow, Whiteside.

Wade off the bench going upside your head. Get your master's masters.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So pretty much hope for advantageous trades and sign some veterans at league minimum.

Trade what?

Who the hell is gonna take those Bloated Contracts?
You would have to give up absurd amount if f Future picks to net someone good and if LeGM bounces after next season, that team has s lottery, so whichever team did do a trade would make the Nets to Boston 1st pick look like nothing in comparison

Also how many league Veterans would join Cavs and not the Warriors, shit most wanting a ring who would take minimum salary to get rings most likely join Warriors right now.

TTG

LMAO, bloated contracts. Kyrie and Thompson make less than Deng and Mozgov respectively. The Cavs are on good deals by any standard.

Nafai1123

Banned
Trade what?

Who the hell is gonna take those Bloated Contracts?
You would have to give up absurd amount if f Future picks to net someone good and if LeGM bounces after next season, that team has s lottery, so whichever team did do a trade would make the Nets to Boston 1st pick look like nothing in comparison

Also how many league Veterans would join Cavs and not the Warriors, shit most wanting a ring who would take minimum salary to get rings most likely join Warriors right now.

Well there's a reason I used the word "hope." Those contracts don't seem too bloated to me though considering what most guys are getting paid nowadays. As far as veterans go, the Cavs will still be the second best place to try to win rings.

Fjordson

Those contracts look mostly fine. A guy as talented as Kyrie topping out at 21,000,000 is more than fine.

None of them being real problems for the Warriors isn't great (other than Lebron obviously) but that's sort of an unfair bar.

Those Cavs contracts are honestly fine for a championship caliber team. They just look bad because the Warriors are crazy good and Steph is underpaid.

Those Cavs contracts are honestly fine for a championship caliber team. They just look bad because the Warriors are crazy good and Steph is underpaid.

The NBA salary cap this year is a little over 94 million dollars, they got over half of that next year tied up JR Smith, Tristan, Iman and Frye. That's fine?

The NBA salary cap this year is a little over 94 million dollars, they got over half of that next year tied up JR Smith, Tristan, Iman and Frye. That's fine?

Yes. Those guys aren't being paid ridiculous salaries, especially compared to the contracts teams were handing out last year and will definitely be handing out this offseason. Paying $15M for a role player is the way the league works now. The only issue with the Cavs is that the Warriors are the Warriors.

Yes. Those guys aren't being paid ridiculous salaries, especially compared to the contracts teams were handing out last year and will definitely be handing out this offseason. Paying $15M for a role player is the way the league works now. The only issue with the Cavs is that the Warriors are the Warriors.

I don't see it like that, these guys are basically trash (especially JR and Iman) and their salaries make it hard for the Cavs to upgrade on any position. The Cavs are where they are because they have 3 ridiculously talented players, one of them being the best player of his generation playing possibly the best ball of his career. That's what got them the title. The shit supporting cast is what will hold them from seriously challenging for another.

I don't see it like that, these guys are basically trash (especially JR and Iman) and their salaries make it hard for the Cavs to upgrade on any position. The Cavs are where they are because they have 3 ridiculously talented players, one of them being the best player of his generation playing possibly the best ball of his career. That's what got them the title. The shit supporting cast is what will hold them from seriously challenging for another.

Shump and JR combined make about $21M this year. The current going rate for a roll player is in the 15-20M range now. Their salaries aren't stopping the Cavs from winning a title, it's the all time great team they're competing against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom