• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Cavs 20th rank defense gets exposed in game 1. I don't know why so many are surprised.

If they want to win they need to go off from 3 and have Lebron go off as well. Without that its not gonna happen.

megalowho

Why do we keep having this argument?

KD isn't a bitch for going to the Warriors. Dude had the choice to go where he wanted to. That doesn't change the fact that they had just gone 73-9, beat his old team, and made the finals for the second straight year.

The Warriors still would have made the Finals this year if he hadn't joined them. That doesn't make him weak or a bitch though.
Nah we worked it out that he's not a bitch for leaving the Thunder but he is a bitch for hooking up with GSW. Ask Paul Pierce

DopeToast

Banned
See ya sunday fam

tenor.gif

Gonna try and get hype again before then. Warriors came out fighting. They are as good as last year's team and add Durant? Insane amount of talent. Cavs adding Harden or Kawhi Leonard would be comparable.

Griss

I hate what Durant's decision has done to the league but I don't hate him.

It's kinda impossible to hate him. Comes across as a gentleman most of the time, is amazing to watch, has a likeable face / voice / personality, and ultimately deserves success based on his incredible career so far.

It just sucks that this salary cap spike consolidated talent like this. It was the spike that was the problem, not KD making the decision that was right for him. If he goes somewhere else, the Warriors probably still win the ring this season. From that point of view it was a no-brainer for him.

Jarmel

Banned
Cavs 20th rank defense gets exposed in game 1. I don't know why so many are surprised.

If they want to win they need to go off from 3 and have Lebron go off as well. Without that its not gonna happen.

Problem is the Cavs aren't used to a defense of this caliber either.

cdyhybrid

They not only have 4 all stars, but 2 of the top 4 players in the league. Yes, there have been stacked teams in the past, but no team in NBA history has been close to THIS stacked.

84-85 Lakers had four HOFers. Not all in their primes, mind you, but still. This isn't anything new.

It's kinda impossible to hate him. Comes across as a gentleman most of the time, is amazing to watch, has a likeable face / voice / personality, and ultimately deserves success based on his incredible career so far.

It just sucks that this salary cap spike consolidated talent like this. It was the spike that was the problem, not KD making the decision that was right for him. If he goes somewhere else, the Warriors probably still win the ring this season. From that point of view it was a no-brainer for him.

I would disagree.

Boogs31

The Bulls with Jordan and Pippen were STACKED. People just like to forget it.

No not really. Jordan and Pippen were both great obviously, but they had no other all stars and a weak bench during the first three peat.

The second three peat was better with Rodman but even he was older. And even if you consider Rodman an all star they definitely didn't have a 4th all star.

SCChappy

Banned

This is how I feel for the most part. KD is a Longhorn so I'll always like him. I would've liked if he didn't go to GSW but I can't fault him for doing so.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Damn! Even though only Durant and curry showed up offensively tonight for GS, they still spanked the Caves. JR is going to get some shit come tomorrow morning's news cycle:(

They need the Warriors to lose focus and they need to be slightly less awful on defense. Everything that could have gone wrong for the Cavs did so in this game, so it's likely they will be better in the next one. They won't win a single game playing defense like this though.

No not really. Jordan and Pippen were both great obviously, but they had no other all stars and a weak bench during the first three peat.

The second three peat was better with Rodman but even he was older. And even if you consider Rodman an all star they definitely didn't have a 4th all star.

Why wouldn't you consider rodman an all star? Dude's a HOFer

Boogs31

84-85 Lakers had four HOFers. Not all in their primes, mind you, but still. This isn't anything new.

You can't just casually state that they weren't all in their primes. That's a big deal. The 2010 Cavs had 2 hall of famers, but one of them was a washed up Shaq. Having 4 all stars in their prime has never happened before. Especially considering 2 of those guys are top 4 players in the entire league.

overcast

Why do we keep having this argument?

KD isn't a bitch for going to the Warriors. Dude had the choice to go where he wanted to. That doesn't change the fact that they had just gone 73-9, beat his old team, and made the finals for the second straight year.

The Warriors still would have made the Finals this year if he hadn't joined them. That doesn't make him weak or a bitch though.
Solid post. Kinda bitch made tho still 🌞
Can we just give this team four or five rings and break them up? I don't want to watch this after this season.
Agreed.

bionic77

tough game right there bois.

Our Cav will have to play better in all respects.
Warriors will probably play better as well.

Not sure Kyrie and LeBron are going to play as well as they did in the first half. They really need their guys to help.

Main problem for Cleveland is who the fuck is going to guard KD? Do they start with LeBron? Can he still dominate on offense if he has to check KD? Love doesn't seem like he is able to stay in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom