• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

So I'm guessing LeBron will play 40+ minutes a game this series?

He was on pace for like 43 and 43 minutes against the Warriors and Durant isn't like 43 against Boston. This game first turned when he was out there with his second unit against Draymond, Klay and their bench guys and he was tired. Warriors actually stretched the lead in those minutes and then he sat. Lue doesn't look... judicious, but what do I know?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I like how all of people are jumping on KD, where were you when Lebron created his Heatles in Miami

Then came back to Cleveland and forced out good players to get his new Cleveetes with Kevin Love and Ring Chasers

Why can't KD do it?

Seriously it's getting fucking annoying KD is bitchmade or soft or cupcake, the man wants Rings, expand his brand, GSW gives it to him

If he was on Spurs or joined Lebron there would be circle jerks galore, but somehow GSW changes everyone's mindset
Because he lost to the Warriors last year. Where have you been?

Mory Dunz

I said I'd make a gif

shaqtinameal7epez.gif

The problem with this playoffs wasn't that the same teams ended up playing each other or the sweeps. Its that the vast majority of games weren't even competitive. I don't care if GS goes 16-0 if they had some real competition getting there.

Surfinn

How about watching the game instead of box scores? Why ignore the opportunities he's being given thanks to the weapons around him?
I've been watching the entire game and the warriors season. He fits in well and is and excellent passer with a high basketball IQ.

I don't even look at box scores most of the time.

I see the stats presented on screen though

Tom Penny

Durant joined an already established championship caliber team. Take LeBron off the Cavs and they'd be close to a lottery team.

Lebron joined the 2nd best SG in the league and a top 3 PF because of geriatric Celtics. Durant and his moves were bitch made.

jmizzal

Durant has been the star on the floor all night to he point he literally covered up GSWs short comings like klay going ghost on offense and curry having a quiet first half.

This is only 1 game tho so well see the series but people are underplaying how much durant on the warriors changes this match up entirely.

I'm not saying that, I know Durant is the best player out there now, but the other poster is acting like Curry was suppose to avg 40 ppg and win while his other superstar Klay stinks the joint up

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Durant joined an already established championship caliber team. Take LeBron off the Cavs and they'd be close to a lottery team.

Then why doesn't a Lebron come to the West?

Why not compete with the best teams

Why is it he gets a pass that is the dumpster fire of a basement that is the East?

Cause ANY GREAT PLAYER WILL TRY TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE, Lebron doesn't want to be in the West where he can get knocked out 1st or 2nd round, yet easily getECF every year with a rag tag bunch

I think he meant 4 CURRENT all stars. The 87 Celtics did not have 4 starters that were all stars in that season. Dennis Johnson was out of his prime by then.

We're talking literal all star? Seems a really weird way to do it. Just look at the rosters. It's not like Klay is some basketball god, he's just a good player.

Draconian

I like how all of people are jumping on KD, where were you when Lebron created his Heatles in Miami

Then came back to Cleveland and forced out good players to get his new Cleveetes with Kevin Love and Ring Chasers

Why can't KD do it?

Seriously it's getting fucking annoying KD is bitchmade or soft or cupcake, the man wants Rings, expand his brand, GSW gives it to him

If he was on Spurs or joined Lebron there would be circle jerks galore, but somehow GSW changes everyone's mindset

Were you living under a rock during the playoffs last season?

Zasa

Man, the Warriors are making the NBA boring now.
Have to respect it. The core base of superstars on that team apart from Durant got to this point through sheer hard work & teamwork over all these years (since 2011). They've just consistently kept on improving. It wasn't built in one single window like most other superstar teams (Cavs/Heat), & they also weren't proven, experienced superstars when they joined either.

Durant has been the star on the floor all night to he point he literally covered up GSWs short comings like klay going ghost on offense and curry having a quiet first half.

Yes he's been the best player tonight, but Curry had a fantastic 3rd quarter when the game was still you know a game. He's been fantastic in the second half, Durant was fantastic in the first half.

The thought process was still the same as Durant's no matter how hard you guys try to spin it.

LeBron joined the 73-9 Miami Heat who beat the Cavs on the way to the Finals?

He joined wih two future HoFers in their prime. What the fuck is going on in this thread?

Why can't KD do it?

miami didnt have 4 all stars

lebron was literally carrying his team for years and got them to the finals at one point

kd/okc blew a 3-1 lead then joined the people who beat him next year. he's bitchmade

Duxxy3

Are people gonna also criticize Paul for leaving a good team in LA to go to the Spurs? Fucking idiots I swear.

Spurs are about to lose two of their best players to old age and injury. Clippers are going to be blown up. I wouldn't blame Paul for taking Parker's spot.

KD is making a huge difference; so is gsw fighting for the boards on both sides along with a matured D scheme that is as impressive as their offense.

How are you enjoying your first NBA game?
Switch LeBron and KD. Now rethink this.

I put up some stats if you care to look.

I have no idolization of either guy. Like I said, head to head, their stats are similar, KD with Higher FG/FT%, LBJ with higher assists. The East also isn't as stacked as the West (3 of 4 MVP candidates are Western conference players), so its easier for a great player to dominate. His game will stand out when you're going up against the Jae Crowders and Otto Porters of the league.

I've said earlier, LeBron was crowned the minute he came into the league, the media refer to him as the best and the King. He is great, and definitely the most complete SF overall. But look at what KD is doing tonight especially offensively, understand that he wanted to be here specifically for this reason (with the Dubs AND in the Finals against James), and tell me exactly why he cannot be considered the best.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Because he lost to the Warriors last year. Where have you been?

Who the fuck cares though?

It happened, can we change the circumstances, no?

The man was showered by so many teams to join them, GSW offered something that fit his needs
Same as Lebron going and joining Wade and Bosh to get his Rings

People keep using the how can you join a team that beat you!
Like Basketball has some unwritten integrity rules that you must do these cause there's hidden bylaws some people think that should be honored

I'm not even a KD fan, but Holy Shit, can we give it a rest. The man wants to win, simple as that, just like every superstar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom