• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

PR_rambo

Banned
LeBron said fuck The Land, I'm from Akron and went to south beach to hook up with prime D wade so he could have his ring. He's a bitch too then.

He's a career 20 point scorer and a really good defensive player in his prime. That's not all star caliber?

I didn't say that.

I said that the Warriors are far from the first superteam, and very far from the most dominant dynasty in NBA history. And having 4 all stars instead of 3 one season doesn't change my point.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Who the fuck cares though?

It happened, can we change the circumstances, no?

The man was showered by so many teams to join them, GSW offered something that fit his needs
Same as Lebron going and joining Wade and Bosh to get his Rings

People keep using the how can you join a team that beat you!
Like Basketball has some unwritten integrity rules that you must do these cause there's hidden bylaws some people think that should be honored

I'm not even a KD fan, but Holy Shit, can we give it a rest. The man wants to win, simple as that, just like every superstar
Apparently a sizeable amount of people.

38 pts, blowout of the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league. Yeah, KD made a huge mistake here. Fuck outta here

Yup.

Maybe if his old franchise didn't trade away a top 10 player for jack shit, and cheap out for a good replacement 2 guard for fucking YEARS he wouldn't have left.

Selfishly I wanted KD to go to the Celtics just because I find the East boring as fuck since Lebron + the D league all stars would make it to the finals out of the east.

KD doesn't tell you to go work in a shit hole like OKC you aren't any more justified trying to make him so fuck off.

People acting like we didnt clown Lebron when he left for Miami
3bIpPZR.gif

People acting like KD aint a little bitch
3bIpPZR.gif

Mory Dunz

If you don't think Curry plays better when he can shimmy and smile, you haven't watched enough Curry in previous years. Its different to do his behind the back passes, when its a 2-pt game and 5 minutes to go. Just like guys pull different moves in the all-star game.

are you quoting the wrong person?
This has literally nothing to do with what I said.

I said Curry has been the best GSW player this playoffs and has been the "banana" or alpha. And today it's been Durant.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If you're talking about comparing Durant to Lebron joining the Heat, I'd agree. It's the same thing. But I think everyone agrees with that.

But comparing Durant to Lebron just owning the East, unless you are referring to the Heat, then I don't agree. One is faulting a guy for joining a super team and the other is faulting a guy for being great. There's a major difference.

LeBron said fuck The Land, I'm from Akron and went to south beach to hook up with prime D wade so he could have his ring. He's a bitch too then.

Lebron left a team with who on the roster?

KD left a team with who on the roster?

Not a cavs not warriors fan. But trying to compare these two things man. Seriously.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
miami didnt have 4 all stars

lebron was literally carrying his team for years and got them to the finals at one point

kd/okc blew a 3-1 lead then joined the people who beat him next year. he's bitchmade

Ah yes, let's bring all these bullshit parameters to put against KD

Your telling me Lebron + Bosh + Wade as a team when all three were in there Prime didn't set precedent by doing what they did

GSW evolved that scope, the league can't do much with how money is getting flushed in now

Lebron is more Bitchmade than KD for hiding in the garbage East, feasting on broken teams and letting the West murder themselves till Finals

megalowho

The Warriors are the most boring great team, I swear. Tuned out in the second, turned it off in the fourth. At least the first quarter was competitive.

Edit: Boring may not be the right word, at least not in style of play. Inevitable? And as a result, unexciting? Maybe that's it.

beat

If you don't think Curry plays better when he can shimmy and smile, you haven't watched enough Curry in previous years. Its different to do his behind the back passes, when its a 2-pt game and 5 minutes to go. Just like guys pull different moves in the all-star game.

I think he plays loose almost all the time. That's the occasionally infuriating thing about him: he loves highlight plays. It's like what they said about Ginobili: even Pop had to accept that he had a guy who liked to gamble.

(That said, sometimes the behind the back pass is the right move because it protects the ball more than a normal pass.)

Have to respect it. The core base of superstars on that team apart from Durant got to this point through sheer hard work & teamwork over all these years (since 2011). They've just consistently kept on improving. It wasn't built in one single window like most other superstar teams (Cavs/Heat), & they also weren't proven, experienced superstars when they joined either.

Yeah. That 2015 playoffs run, it really didn't feel inevitable. Hell, they were down 2-1 to the Grizzlies at one point. But it was a tremendous upgrade to go from Marc Jackson's offense to Steve Kerr's offense.

Boogs31

I didn't say that.

I said that the Warriors are far from the first superteam, and very far from the most dominant dynasty in NBA history. And having 4 all stars instead of 3 one season doesn't change my point.

They not only have 4 all stars, but 2 of the top 4 players in the league. Yes, there have been stacked teams in the past, but no team in NBA history has been close to THIS stacked.

jmizzal

Ronnie 2K 2K18‏Verified account @Ronnie2K 22s22 seconds ago
More
Draymond and Klay go 6-28 from field and Warriors win by 22. Wowzers

Not looking good for the Cavs

PR_rambo

Banned
Mike Brown is Mr Burns at this point, when KD dunks he probably beams with pride and thinks to himself "I told him to do that"

aznpxdd

Yeah the hate on KD is just ridiculous. OKC fucked up through the years, KD doesn't owe it to anyone to keep his "loyalty" in an organization that aren't making winning moves. Sports fans are crazy thinking KD should waste away his prime in OKC because reasons lol.

Although its just game 1 and they haven't won it all yet, but which NBA Superstar wouldn't want to be in the same situation as KD? I mean jebus, its not like KD made a TV program about his announcement.

B.O.O.M

I was semi against it from day 1. I watched lots of blazer games but I thought he could improve in the system and coaching. So so so so wrong.

He was losing his place of being 'the guy' in the Blazer team cz of Lillard. I don't mind him leaving, I think the offense is more fun to watch now. I just hate how he did it. But who knows maybe he can turn things around next season.

J2 Cool

I think he plays loose almost all the time. That's the occasionally infuriating thing about him: he loves highlight plays. It's like what they said about Ginobili: even Pop had to accept that he had a guy who liked to gamble.

(That said, sometimes the behind the back pass is the right move because it protects the ball more than a normal pass.)

Except for the first half of the 2015 Finals, and last years Finals. Its a huge benefit to his style of play to play on a stacked team. Bringing Durant over make everything easier for Curry to not have to be "the guy".

The "he was hurt last year" excuse never sat with me well.

SCChappy

Banned
Why do we keep having this argument?

KD isn't a bitch for going to the Warriors. Dude had the choice to go where he wanted to. That doesn't change the fact that they had just gone 73-9, beat his old team, and made the finals for the second straight year.

The Warriors still would have made the Finals this year if he hadn't joined them. That doesn't make him weak or a bitch though.

I put up some stats if you care to look.

I have no idolization of either guy. Like I said, head to head, their stats are similar, KD with Higher FG/FT%, LBJ with higher assists. The East also isn't as stacked as the West (3 of 4 MVP candidates are Western conference players), so its easier for a great player to dominate. His game will stand out when you're going up against the Jae Crowders and Otto Porters of the league.

I've said earlier, LeBron was crowned the minute he came into the league, the media refer to him as the best and the King. He is great, and definitely the most complete SF overall. But look at what KD is doing tonight especially offensively, understand that he wanted to be here specifically for this reason (with the Dubs AND in the Finals against James), and tell me exactly why he cannot be considered the best.

The mere fact that one game where KD outplays LeBron is so shocking should be all the convincing you need.

But here's more:
H2H record LBJ owns KD, and they play the same position
LBJ 1-0 over KD in finals
LBJ 3 rings KD 0
LBJ 8 finals KD 2

Is that enough? I can't believe I have to argue this. Anyone with basic NBA vknowledge who watches a decent amount of games would know that LeBron has been the best player on Earth for several years, did you watch the playoffs? You think he's slowing down? You wanna chuck out the last decade because of one game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom