• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Sandfox

Woj said in a podcast that there is some interest in Jackson going #1 to the Celtics. I haven't listened myself yet though.

Chase17

Woj said in a podcast that there is some interest in Jackson going #1 to the Celtics. I haven't listened myself yet though.
Hmm

He is athletic but I can't get a good gauge of his shooting. He averaged almost 40% from 3 which is too high for a true quality C's prospect. Low attempts though.

Going to need to do more research before I can recommend Lyle to give Ainge the stamp of approval on the pick.

Hmm

He is athletic but I can't get a good gauge of his shooting. He averaged almost 40% from 3 which is too high for a true quality C's prospect. Low attempts though.

Going to need to do more research before I can recommend Lyle to give Ainge the stamp of approval on the pick.

He got hot towards the end of the year but his mechanics are all over the place. He's gonna need a complete overhaul of his shooting. I mean, Kawhi did too and figured it out so it's not a death sentence but it's certainly a career. Kawhi is an outlier.

https://sneakernews.com/2017/06/12/nike-kobe-ad-purple-stardust-852425-500/

nike-kobe-ad-stardust-purple-852425-500-3.jpg

I love how everyone hangs on every player tweet and favorite, especially when it comes to trades, as if the players are in the negotiating room with the GM. Andre Drummond would probably be the last guy to know within the org if he got traded.

It's reached a level beyond pathetic the way people sit around waiting for players to like or follow people to think they're getting scoops out of it. What a time to be alive.

charsace

I think Fultz is going to surprise people. As far as scoring guard prospects he's the best looking one in a long time. In terms of height and wingspan he is similar to Wade and he has a more explosion than a lot of pg's in the league right now.

I think if he was running UCLA instead of Lonzo UCLA would have played for the title.

Tall4Life

It's reached a level beyond pathetic the way people sit around waiting for players to like or follow people to think they're getting scoops out of it. What a time to be alive.

You say that but you won't be laughing once LeBron, Kawhi, and Durant favorite a tweet by Olynyk and Ainge forms the Big 5 (The three listed above, Olynyk, and Smart).

Tom Penny

Hmm

fultz has the same wingspan as Jackson and Jackson ain't no center.

FZZ

Banned
I think Fultz is going to surprise people. As far as scoring guard prospects he's the best looking one in a long time. In terms of height and wingspan he is similar to Wade and he has a more explosion than a lot of pg's in the league right now.

I think if he was running UCLA instead of Lonzo UCLA would have played for the title.

That UCLA team was filled with shooters and needed a PG that has excellent vision and IQ, on top of a great leader

Fultz is a fantastic prospect and least likely to bust, but he would not have led that team further than Lonzo did

I want to see how his athleticism carries over. I didn't see a ton of him in college but what struck me is that he finished below the rim a lot. Reminded me a lot of Dame so it's definitely not a bad thing, but I'm questioning how explosive (talking Westbrook or Prime Wade as the ceiling here) he is going to be.

charsace

I want to see how his athleticism carries over. I didn't see a ton of him in college but what struck me is that he finished below the rim a lot. Reminded me a lot of Dame so it's definitely not a bad thing, but I'm questioning how explosive (talking Westbrook or Prime Wade as the ceiling here) he is going to be.

He's not as explosive a leaper as those guys but he is more explosive than Kyrie and Lonzo Ball. In college he could get shots up in traffic no problem. Fultz is better athlete than Lonzo. Lonzo doesn't look nearly as athletic in the half court handling the ball in comparison to when he's playing off the ball or running in transition. Fultz is also far better at handling the ball in traffic than Lonzo is.

I think Lonzo can be a good player in the league. Nothing that he has shown screams superstar though. He struggles beating his man in isolation. He lacks creativity when running the pick and roll and has a hard time shooting off of it. These are red flags to me.

A guy that no one talks about is Dennis Smith Jr. The guy is the best pick and roll player in the draft and a vicious finisher like Westbrook. I see more star potential in him than I do Ball.

That UCLA team was filled with shooters and needed a PG that has excellent vision and IQ, on top of a great leader

Fultz is a fantastic prospect and least likely to bust, but he would not have led that team further than Lonzo did
Fultz is a better pg than ball. He is more skilled than ball and better in the half court. He would have had that team in the finals. Fox would not have kept Fultz from getting to the basket or doing damage in the pick and roll with the shooters UCLA had.

If Fultz was going to a lotto team instead of the Celtics I could see him averaging 18-22 ppg in his rookie year. I don't see Lonzo ball scoring over 18ppg in his first 3 years in the league.

FZZ

Banned
He's not as explosive a leaper as those guys but he is more explosive than Kyrie and Lonzo Ball. In college he could get shots up in traffic no problem. Fultz is better athlete than Lonzo. Lonzo doesn't look nearly as athletic in the half court handling the ball in comparison to when he's playing off the ball or running in transition. Fultz is also far better at handling the ball in traffic than Lonzo is.

I think Lonzo can be a good player in the league. Nothing that he has shown screams superstar though. He struggles beating his man in isolation. He lacks creativity when running the pick and roll and has a hard time shooting off of it. These are red flags to me.

A guy that no one talks about is Dennis Smith Jr. The guy is the best pick and roll player in the draft and a vicious finisher like Westbrook. I see more star potential in him than I do Ball.

Fultz is a better pg than ball. He is more skilled than ball and better in the half court. He would have had that team in the finals. Fox would not have kept Fultz from getting to the basket or doing damage in the pick and roll with the shooters UCLA had.

If Fultz was going to a lotto team instead of the Celtics I could see him averaging 18-22 ppg in his rookie year. I don't see Lonzo ball scoring over 18ppg in his first 3 years in the league.

Fultz is a better scorer, potential defender*, PnR player, mid-range player, half-court player, and has more wingspan

court vision, current defense, IQ, passing, transition, rebounding, finishing, and 3 point shooting Zo is better

Lonzo isn't a scorer, he's a pass first PG. In argument to your athleticism comment, Fultz is stronger for sure than Lonzo, but Fultz has a slower first step and isn't as explosive in transition.

Fultz is more of a combo guard. And a lot of what Lonzo has shown can be super star level, his passing and IQ are transcendent and that is a fact. As much of a question his jumper is those two things are sure fire things.

Tall4Life

Fultz/Lonzo won't be the Bird/Magic of our era, it'll be the Russell/Wilt of our era, as in the former is going to utterly dominate the other

With a good Point Guard (and good heath) the Sixers have a higher ceiling than Boston.

Boston was a conference finalist this year and they have won 3 games less this past season alone than the Sixers did in the 3 years since Embiid was drafted. It's possible that Philly could have a higher ceiling, but if this was baseball they'd be in the DSL versus the Celtics hitting bombs every game in AA.

Tall4Life

One of the funnier things in the 30 for 30 on Celtics/Lakers is how Danny seems like an absolute psycho, dude has crazy eyes whenever he talks about fouling guys on the court lmao

FZZ

Banned
eh they're different types

Simmons is ball dominant and tries to set up plays in half court, similar to bron. He's creative as hell too and has some beautiful dimes.

Lonzo is find the right person, push the ball as much as possible, low usage passer. Also he's good at outlet passes.

Bread

Banned
fzz i think you're putting a bit too much weight into these analytics if you think lonzo is a better finisher than fultz

charsace

I don't think Ball has a great first step at all. If you said Fox or Monk from Kentucky that might make sense. Ball looks average at best moving laterally on defense and struggles in the half court. Fultz first step is better than Ball and a part of why everything he does on the offensive side looks effortless and why he could slow guys down whenever he felt like putting effort in defensively(the one thing I hated about Fultz was his lack of effort on defense).

Gigglepoo

Boston was a conference finalist this year and they have won 3 games less this past season alone than the Sixers did in the 3 years since Embiid was drafted. It's possible that Philly could have a higher ceiling, but if this was baseball they'd be in the DSL versus the Celtics hitting bombs every game in AA.

You need superstars to win in the NBA. Fultz might be but that's it in Boston. I'd take Simmons and Embiid with pieces over a team of pieces.

Tom Penny

You need superstars to win in the NBA. Fultz might be but that's it in Boston. I'd take Simmons and Embiid with pieces over a team of pieces.

Fultz has as many wins as a Simmons in the NBA. I also don't get the Blake Boston take. Consolation prize if everything fails? I don't want that gimp.

Philly probably has the higher ceiling as a team at this point but they're only reaching that if Embiid is healthy and Simmons is both healthy and can actually shoot. It also requires them to draft someone good this year and not have Colangelo fuck it all up.

No lies detected.

Sandfox

Lonzo is getting disrespected in this thread and a lot of the stuff being posed is untrue. I'm on my phone so I can't really point specific stuff out though.

Gigglepoo

Joel has played 32 games over 3 years

I love him but uh....

I said "if healthy" in my first post. The Celtics ifs are bigger. If Fultz is a superstar and if they land a top pick next year and if he's a superstar.

I'd rather have Philly and Milwaukee's rosters.

Sandfox

He hasn't done anything exciting to me. He ruined UCLA's great chance at a NCAA title.
After he elevated them to the second best offensive in college basketball. Some of the guys on that team were shooting sub-40% and were known ball hogs before he got there.

I said "if healthy" in my first post. The Celtics ifs are bigger. If Fultz is a superstar and if they land a top pick next year and if he's a superstar.

I'd rather have Philly and Milwaukee's rosters.

I'd take Milwaukee, then Boston, then Philly. I'd argue that Philly has the biggest ifs at this point.

Gigglepoo

I'd take Milwaukee, then Boston, then Philly. I'd argue that Philly has the biggest ifs at this point.

I can't argue with the health thing. There's a better chance Embiid is the next Brandon Roy than, um, Curry (as far as health goes). I just think they have two studs already. That's a good starting point.

Top Bottom