• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

After he elevated them to the second best offensive in college basketball. Some of the guys on that team were shooting sub-40% and were known ball hogs before he got there.
He couldn't win his own conference. Oregon and Zona held him on check.

That mad me salty. They should of easily won the Pac 12 title

I can't argue with the health thing. There's a better chance Embiid is the next Brandon Roy than, um, Curry (as far as health goes). I just think they have two studs already. That's a good starting point.

It's a good starting point for sure but we also don't know how Simmons is going to do in the NBA. He's about as big of a question mark as Fultz at this point but he's also missed a year due to an injury.

Gigglepoo

It's a good starting point for sure but we also don't know how Simmons is going to do in the NBA. He's about as big of a question mark as Fultz at this point but he's also missed a year due to an injury.

Would you trade #1 for Simmons or Porzingis? Is there any player you would trade it for?

Would you trade #1 for Simmons or Porzingis? Is there any player you would trade it for?

There are of course a few guys I would trade it for but their teams would never agree (KAT, AD, Giannis, etc). I would consider trading for Porzingis but Fultz seems like a good kid why would I want to send him to Dolan? Not sure about Simmons, I think he could be amazing but there's too much uncertainty at this point and he has one less year on his rookie deal. I think both teams would say no to a potential Fultz-Simmons deal and that would probably be the smart move for both of them. That being said now that I've said all this Simmons will end up being the Australian LBJ and I'll look like a stupid idiot.

Gigglepoo

There are of course a few guys I would trade it for but their teams would never agree (KAT, AD, Giannis, etc).

I was curious who you would list. I would trade that pick for someone like Harden who is a little older, has a huge contact, and doesn't elevate your team above Cleveland.

Bill Simmons said he'd trade that pick for Klay which seems crazy to me. If Fultz has the potential of, say, Wall, it would be really hard to trade it for anyone but the youngest and most elite.

I was curious who you would list. I would trade that pick for someone like Harden who is a little older, has a huge contact, and doesn't elevate your team above Cleveland.

Bill Simmons said he'd trade that pick for Klay which seems crazy to me. If Fultz has the potential of, say, Wall, it would be really hard to trade it for anyone but the youngest and most elite.

Harden's young and good enough to do that deal but there aren't many guys older than him I would consider. Maybe it's time for LeBrong to force his way to Boston. I like Klay but not enough to do that deal.

I'd take Milwaukee, then Boston, then Philly. I'd argue that Philly has the biggest ifs at this point.

Boston has Brad Stevens though and he's a big advantage over notorious wife beater Jason Kidd. I know this is a discussion about the rosters, but Boston has a tremendous system in place so IMO that has to figure at least slightly in discussions like this.

Boston has Brad Stevens though and he's a big advantage over notorious wife beater Jason Kidd. I know this is a discussion about the rosters, but Boston has a tremendous system in place so IMO that has to figure at least slightly in discussions like this.

I'll take Bostons coaching staff and front office over any of those other teams but we're just talking pure roster potential at this point in time.

FZZ

Banned
Woj actually doesn't have connections to Brons inner circles

I forgot when posting that

So its still probably false

Ending of the documentary was perfect

"There's one thing I hate in life, it's the Boston Celtics"

Even ESPN is saying Fuck the Celtics

And also fuck Paul Pierce

Woj actually doesn't have connections to Brons inner circles

I forgot when posting that

So its still probably false

Ending of the documentary was perfect

"There's one thing I hate in life, it's the Boston Celtics"

Even ESPN is saying Fuck the Celtics

And also fuck Paul Pierce

*shakes hand*

I'll take Bostons coaching staff and front office over any of those other teams but we're just talking pure roster potential at this point in time.

Yeah, but the system in place helps to maximize the roster potential. I know this is a very homerish thing to say, but I just can't help myself.

Why would LeBrong want to go to LA and face the Warriors in the WCF?

Don't you know? NBA Off-season is officially the "every important free-agent is totally-absolutely-please trust us going to the Lakers" season.

If a player has a house in LA or spends the off-season there or even as much spends one day there in the off-season there he is totally going to the Lakers. It is known.

IQkwhlL.jpg

percentage wise how much of the Warriors bandwagon fans consist of Lakers fans?

I feel like the Warriors are taking over as the new "golden" team in the NBA despite the Lakers previous success.

Fjordson

Just saw that Jerry West is leaving for the Clippers. Sucks to see him go, but I guess his job in Oakland was pretty much finished.

Tall4Life

percentage wise how much of the Warriors bandwagon fans consist of Lakers fans?

I feel like the Warriors are taking over as the new "golden" team in the NBA despite the Lakers previous success.
I'm in Northeast Ohio, and the two Warriors fans at our watch party were originally Lakers fans

Its meaningless as its anecdotal but lol

I can't hate bandwagon fans too much, given the choice why would you put yourself through the missery of supporting a team through down years?

Damn Jerry West really loves challenges, can't believe he left to the Clippers.

Guess his mission was done with the Warriors.

Doc still has control of basketball operations? That would be just insulting

I can't hate bandwagon fans too much, given the choice why would you put yourself through the missery of supporting a team through down years?

I'm more sympathetic towards fair weather fans than I am bandwagons. I love the fuck out of my teams and will support them no matter how bad they are, but for other people, a sports team is simply a means of entertainment, and lets face it, sports teams live off of the achievements of themselves, fans aren't really necessary. I can't fault people who are smart enough to cut teams loose when the are doing poorly, and fulfill their free time in more personally satisfying ways.

I'm more sympathetic towards fair weather fans than I am bandwagons. I love the fuck out of my teams and will support them no matter how bad they are, but for other people, a sports team is simply a means of entertainment. I can't fault people who are smart enough to cut teams lose and fulfill their time in more meaningful ways.

Fairweather fans are the only smart fans.

Assuming no one takes gigantic pay cuts is it even possible for LeBron to construct a team that would be favored against the Warriors?

FZZ

Banned
Kyrie/JR/Lebron/PG13/Turner

Off set Korver, Shump, Dwill, TT, Love to Pacers

pick up some min guys off the bench

Get Delly 🐐 back

mjp2417

Banned
Assuming no one takes gigantic pay cuts is it even possible for LeBron to construct a team that would be favored against the Warriors?

Not favored, but the Love for George rumblings (which I was initially dismissive of, but after hearing the Dunc'd On guys lay out the case, seem increasingly more within the realm of possibility) would give them a puncher's chance.

Brinbe

I fucking called it after the Chip win last year. LeBron wants to team up somewhere warm (like LA!) with his banana boat buddies and get them a ring too,.The mental image of Paul/Wade/Melo/Bron/? trying to take out the Dubs is already pretty fucking funny.

THE BIG NEWS THOUGH IS THAT THE EAST WILL FINALLY BE WIDE OPEN! Now other teams can get a chance to get destroyed by the Warriors

LionPride

Banned
A question I ask myself every day

I fucking called it after the Chip win last year. LeBron wants to team up somewhere warm (like LA!) with his banana boat buddies and get them a ring too,.The mental image of Paul/Wade/Melo/Bron/? trying to take out the Dubs is already pretty fucking funny.

THE BIG NEWS THOUGH IS THAT THE EAST WILL FINALLY BE WIDE OPEN! Now other teams can get a chance to get destroyed by the Warriors
You wanna know who not to trust with LeBron news because he knows no one near LeBron?

Woj

Top Bottom