• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Sounds good in theory, but who is "available" right now that a team would trade? Options are very limited right now, since those guys are not easy to come by in a backcourt dominated league.

Not sure as well, but last season we thought the same until Noel, Cousins, Ibaka and others I might be forgetting were all moved out of the blue.

Cornbread78

A small puddle on the hardcourt would literally break down this team.

LOL, very true, but hey, the bros will be celebratin' active retirement for a couple years.

2018-19 Lakers
Russell
Jackson
Ingram
PG15
LeBrong
Positionless basketball baby!

Could Russell play the 2?

Ball
Russell
PG13
Bron
Ingram?

or

Ball
PG13
Bron
Ingram
Mozgov the beast

Not sure as well, but last season we thought the same until Noel, Cousins, Ibaka and others I might be forgetting were all moved out of the blue.

Drummond might the the only one that could make an impact, but I do not want to give up a top 4 pick next year to get him..

I don't want Jackson

D:

At least trade down for him, he is not worth the 2nd pick

If the Suns really want Lonzo and Jackson falls past the Sixers I could see them trying to initiate a pick swap where they try and get PHX to take back a shit contract. I don't think the Lakers have anything set in stone. It's probably Lonzo's spot to lose, but think the Jackson stuff was probably leaked in part to see if it lights a fire under his ass and see if he blows them away in this Friday's workout. I think I'm talking myself more and more into Jackson, but I think both guys are on similar tiers so I'll take either guy.

Bread

Banned
Brong would never go to the Lakers, but if he did it would be cool to knock Kobe down another spot in the all-time Lakers ranks.

Drummond might the the only one that could make an impact, but I do not want to give up a top 4 pick next year to get him..

I honestly doubt that's what Ron Jeremy is seriously asking for him, like he may even say that but he doesn't mean it and deep down he knows he will have to settle for less. I think that a package around the Memphis pick and two of Smart/Bradley/Crowder gets it done easily.

Cheebo

Banned
Drummond was amazing and an all-star just a year ago (barely made the cut to be voted in as a starter) and is only 23. Without the pressure of being *THE* player on a team I really think he will thrive. Dude would fit in like a glove on Boston where he struggles in Detroit.

Sanjuro

I don't understand the hate for Blake Griffin coming. I would need to see what other pieces are moving, but it could work.

Brong would never go to the Lakers, but if he did it would be cool to knock Kobe down another spot in the all-time Lakers ranks.

He'd arrive pretty much at 34 years old. I know we all joke about him being a cyborg and shit, but at some point he will slow down and I don't think he'd make it to the Lakers as top Bron.

FZZ

Banned
If the Suns really want Lonzo and Jackson falls past the Sixers I could see them trying to initiate a pick swap where they try and get PHX to take back a shit contract. I don't think the Lakers have anything set in stone. It's probably Lonzo's spot to lose, but think the Jackson stuff was probably leaked in part to see if it lights a fire under his ass and see if he blows them away in this Friday's workout. I think I'm talking myself more and more into Jackson, but I think both guys are on similar tiers so I'll take either guy.

I was thinking more send Deng + 2nd pick to Philly for their 3rd pick

PHX is interested in JJ as well from what I know so I don't think that'd pan out well

Cornbread78

I don't understand the hate for Blake Griffin coming. I would need to see what other pieces are moving, but it could work.

I absolutely hate agreeing with Felgar, but he is right in regards to bringing Blake to Boston

Bringing in Hayward stunts the growth of Brown, and they need another big, so why not bring in a guy with the same number of games played, same scoring, and can now shoot really well for a big....

IT
Bradley
Brown
Griffen
Horford

Either that or option #2 with Drummond:

IT
Bradley
Brown
Horford
Drummond

Sign Reddick or Korver to shoot..

Bread

Banned
I absolutely hate agreeing with Felgar, but he is right in regards to bringing Blake to Boston

Bringing in Hayward stunts the growth of Brown, and they need another big, so why not bring in a guy with the same number of games played, same scoring, and can now shoot really well for a big....
1. I'd love to know why you think his growth would be stunted playing alongside Hayward.
2. That's a silly thing to say and you know it. You're sweeping his injury issues under the rug.

gutshot

I was thinking more send Deng + 2nd pick to Philly for their 3rd pick

PHX is interested in JJ as well from what I know so I don't think that'd pan out well

Why would Philly want to take on a bad contract to move up one spot to draft a guy they could just sit at 3 and take? Unless there are other teams gunning for Ball at 2, this trade makes no sense from the Sixers perspective.

Cornbread78

1. I'd love to know why you think his growth would be stunted playing alongside Hayward.
2. That's a silly thing to say and you know it. You're sweeping his injury issues under the rug.

I want him out on the court more often, and not just a few minutes at a time.

Nobody said he doesn't have any injuries, but he's been out there on average just as much as Hayward, lol.

Why would Philly want to take on a bad contract to move up one spot to draft a guy they could just sit at 3 and take? Unless there are other teams gunning for Ball at 2, this trade makes no sense from the Sixers perspective.

Something like that or even a PHX trade would probably have to be a draft night thing, where LA takes Lonzo then immediately engages philly or the suns on trade talks for his draft rights, though the thought of the Lakers announcing that they are drafting Ball, then turning around and trading him like 10 minutes later makes me want a 24/7 camera on Lavar Ball to get his reaction.

spyder_ur

Something like that or even a PHX trade would probably have to be a draft night thing, where LA takes Lonzo then immediately engages philly or the suns on trade talks for his draft rights, though the thought of the Lakers announcing that they are drafting Ball, then turning around and trading him like 10 minutes later makes me want a 24/7 camera on Lavar Ball to get his reaction.

I'm pretty sure there will be a camera on LaVar ball on draft night, don't have to worry about that. Would be amazing, though.

I think there's legit fire here and that the Lakers (and other NBA teams) are souring on Lonzo for a variety of reasons. Given that after Fultz there are appealing alternatives, it's easier to see teams passing on him. I still think it's likely that the pick is Lonzo, but who knows, especially with all the voices in the room in the Lakers FO right now.

Tom Penny

So him and AB going to get us 100 games combined a year?

Also Durant had thrown his hat into the we aren't a super team arena..

Bread

Banned
I want him out on the court more often, and not just a few minutes at a time.

Nobody said he doesn't have any injuries, but he's been out there on average just as much as Hayward, lol.
Brown and Hayward can coexist though, it's not like they both only play the 3.

And to your second point, that's absolutely not true. Griffin has been knocked out of the playoffs multiple times, he missed an entire season, and another year he played in less than half of the games. Hayward has played under 70 games once in his career when he played 66 in 2011...the lockout year. To say that he's been on the court on average as much as Hayward is just 100% false.

gutshot

Ah yeah, I guess that makes sense. I keep forgetting that the draft and trade is fairly common in the NBA. I'm more used to the NFL draft.

Also Durant had thrown his hat into the we aren't a super team arena..

That was not so bad because he talked his teammates up in a weird way, but I wish we could all move past this narrative. I don't want the next 5 years to have this constant caveat being thrown around all the time lol.

Tom Penny

That was not so bad because he talked his teammates up in a weird way, but I wish we could all move past this narrative. I don't want the next 5 years to have this constant caveat being thrown around all the time lol.
I think unless 1-10 all made the allstar team or all NBA the same year you're not a super team.

I think unless 1-10 all made the allstar team or all NBA the same year you're not a super team.

Even then they wouldn't have shit on classic teams. Old timers would beat the Warriors senselessly. You wanna hear about some super teams? The 68-69 Oakland Oaks, now that was a fucking machine. The 50-51 Rochester Royals was a monster, led by HoFer Bob Davies who would average 40 PPG today easy.

phanphare

Banned
ultimate warrior shirt last year was better. also it was funny that Lebron responded to this shirt on instagram :)

well if we're awarding t shirts..

3m9szmnryu3z.jpg

I'd rather have LeBronkster do this to Paul Pierce. Do it Danny.

Ecit: also Mitchell and Ness are having some sale on retro jerseys. Still thinking if i should get that 03-04 Kang jersey. Shit.. i want all of it.. even the rambis jersey.

I'd rather have LeBronkster do this to Paul Pierce. Do it Danny.

Ecit: also Mitchell and Ness are having some sale on retro jerseys. Still thinking if i should get that 03-04 Kang jersey. Shit.. i want all of it.. even the rambis jersey.

Me and my friends are dresssing up as the St. Lunatics for Halloween so this might be a good opportunity to get our costumes done.

Ppl keep saying this warriors team is just starting, so out of curiosity I went to see their contracts situation...

Like more than half of the team is UFA this offseason. Good luck resigning everybody...

Nafai1123

Banned
Ppl keep saying this warriors team is just starting, so out of curiosity I went to see their contracts situation...

Like more than half of the team is UFA this offseason. Good luck resigning everybody...

They aren't gonna be able to resign everybody. Javale prob gonna get offered too much somewhere else, DWest might go take more money now that he's got his ring or retire. Ian Clarks probably gone.

But they're still gonna be able to retain Steph, KD, Klay, Dray, Iggy and Livingston, plus the rooks McCaw and Jones. Veterans gonna sign for minimum to get their rings. They'll be fine.

beat

If Durant takes about $4M less than his max, they can use Bird rights on Iggy, Steph, and Livingston. That'd be the core six locked up (Dray and Klay signed their extensions a year or two ago.)

Center will be a problem but that's about it. The team is well positioned for the next few years.

Fjordson

The hope is that they'll keep getting veterans going for a ring like Zaza or D. West. Just need guys who can soak up regular season minutes.

And don't sleep on Pat McCaw. Not gonna be a star, but could become a solid 6th-7th man. Hopefully Damian Jones can contribute also.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
The hope is that they'll keep getting veterans going for a ring like Zaza or D. West. Just need guys who can soak up regular season minutes.

And don't sleep on Pat McCaw. Not gonna be a star, but could become a solid 6th-7th man. Hopefully Damian Jones can contribute also.
Plus they have a great track record of snagging contributors late in the draft.

I'm hearing Cam Oliver out of Nevada. He would fit in well with this team.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Agreed. I saw that they're trying to buy a pick in this year's draft so could be another sleeper like McCaw.

Pat played quality minutes in the finals as a rookie and is now a champion. I expect good things from him next season.

Top Bottom