• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-isiah-thomas-a-dark-horse-to-replace-phil-jackson-as-knicks-president/

why dolan why

Im convinced Dolan hates the knicks and it's fans and wants to see them burn for eternity.

4737217-7046363011-damn-.gif

Cornbread78

Not necessarily, he's recovering from surgery now.
He's recovering from surgery. I do think it's more likely that he's stashed another year than Zizic. I get the sense that Zizic is is in their plans for next year.

Oh damn, I forgot about that. I was hoping he was ready to show off if he's gotten better over the past year...

Whelp, the more that's said, the more that it sounds like Gordon is staying, Blake is staying and George is not coming to the Celts. Get ready for another a$$ kicking in the ECF Celts fans...

Bread

Banned
What if I told you the greatest Celtic who ever lived...never existed?

30 for 30 presents the Ballad of Scoochie Smith
Scoochie Smith or Moochie Norris, who would you take on your 3v3 team?

Whelp, the more that's said, the more that it sounds like Gordon is staying, Blake is staying and George is not coming to the Celts. Get ready for another a$$ kicking in the ECF Celts fans...
Let's make a bet, if the Celtics don't get any of those guys you stop posting in this thread, if they get at least one of them you stop complaining about Ainge not making moves. That's a good bet for you, I'd seriously consider it.

Cornbread78

Let's make a bet, if the Celtics don't get any of those guys you stop posting in this thread, if they get at least one of them you stop complaining about Ainge not making moves. That's a good bet for you, I'd seriously consider it.

Nah, that's no fun. Then I might have to call into WEEI or the Sports HUB and bit(h to them....

gutshot

Everyone famous has throwaway numbers that tons of people have.

Doubt he gave his good number he only gives to people he trusts.

Yeah, I know. But giving your throwaway number to a couple hundred people is one thing. But giving it to millions? Including a bunch of people who are going to troll you by sending you dick pics and god-knows-what-else? Probably not a great plan.

Yeah, I know. But giving your throwaway number to a couple hundred people is one thing. But giving it to millions? Including a bunch of people who are going to troll you by sending you dick pics and god-knows-what-else? Probably not a great plan.
Doubt he will be the one seeing all things. He will just let someone else manage the number and filter questions.

Gigglepoo

If no trade is made, the season ends and they still have their assets, what will the Pacers have?

Paul George is most likely leaving Indiana. We know that much. Although he prefers Los Angeles, there's a possibility that, if he gets traded to Houston, Boston, or Cleveland, he enjoys his situation enough that he stays. So that's where the Pacers' leverage lies. No matter what happens, they are going to get a relatively poor return. It takes incredible luck to land a top 15 player, so even two or three high draft picks wouldn't match George's value. When he leaves, the franchise is screwed for at least a few years to come. That's almost guaranteed. That's why they aren't willing to trade him for beans. Sure, a low draft picks is better than nothing, but it's not enough to keep them relevant.

You could argue that Indy has no leverage over LA because that's where he wants to sign, but Houston? Cleveland? And especially Boston, where George would instantly be the team's best player? He could mean the difference between success and failure.

Cornbread78

Paul George is most likely leaving Indiana. We know that much. Although he prefers Los Angeles, there's a possibility that, if he gets traded to Houston, Boston, or Cleveland, he enjoys his situation enough that he stays. So that's where the Pacers' leverage lies. No matter what happens, they are going to get a relatively poor return. It takes incredible luck to land a top 15 player, so even two or three high draft picks wouldn't match George's value. When he leaves, the franchise is screwed for at least a few years to come. That's almost guaranteed. That's why they aren't willing to trade him for beans. Sure, a low draft picks is better than nothing, but it's not enough to keep them relevant.

You could argue that Indy has no leverage over LA because that's where he wants to sign, but Houston? Cleveland? And especially Boston, where George would instantly be the team's best player? He could mean the difference between success and failure.

For Indy it is simple:

- Let George walk at the end of the year and get nothing in return
- Trade him at the trading deadline and a get a nominal Pau Gasol return, maybe an expiring contract to give you cap room to not sign a super-max player
- Trade him now and get a decent/good package and have something to help your franchise fill the void.

Now is the chance for them to get the most value for him since he has already openly said he is not returning...

Boogs31

Late but comparing CP3 to Steph is hilarious
CP3 ain't shit
That choke in game 7 at home
That 3-1 lead choke
He's good but no where Steph level

CP3 had a legit center, good forward, spot up 3 point shooter, best 6th man , decent bench and couldn't get it done

Legit center = Extremely limited offensively.
Good forward = Disappears in 4th quarters.
Spot up shooter = Average defender/not a secondary ball handler
"Best 6th man" = Doesn't provide anything other than his own offense.
Never had a decent bench.

Gigglepoo

For Indy it is simple:

- Let George walk at the end of the year and get nothing in return
- Trade him at the trading deadline and a get a nominal Pau Gasol return, maybe an expiring contract to give you cap room to not sign a super-max player
- Trade him now and get a decent/good package and have something to help your franchise fill the void.

Now is the chance for them to get the most value for him since he has already openly said he is not returning...

And Boston has to decide if they want to land a top-tier player or roll the dice with their assets. But it's not like they have leverage here. Indiana is boned either way so why hand over their best player to a team in the same conference and help a player (by giving away his Bird Rights) who's abandoning them?

Boogs31

Indiana is boned either way so why hand over their best player to a team in the same conference and help a player (by giving away his Bird Rights) who's abandoning them?

Because Indiana's priority should be what's best for their franchise moving forward. Should they sabotage their own self interest just because it helps a team in their conference? The Pacers will be in a rebuild after letting George go. Why should they care that Boston is better this year? The only thing they should be thinking about is getting the most young players and/or draft picks they can and move on.

Gigglepoo

Because Indiana's priority should be what's best for their franchise moving forward. Should they sabotage their own self interest just because it helps a team in their conference? The Pacers will be in a rebuild after letting George go. Why should they care that Boston is better this year? The only thing they should be thinking about is getting the most young players or draft picks they can and move on.

Defintely. And I'm guessing the Pacers would be happy (they should be happy) with Brown and one of those high picks. But it doesn't sound like Boston wants to give up their best prospect and as much as I like Bradley and Smart, they'd be worthless on a rebuilding team. So you can understand their bind. Without a top prospect and a top pick, there's no reason to pull the trigger. They could get a pick or two in the 20s at the trade deadline if that's the best offer out there.

Boogs31

Defintely. And I'm guessing the Pacers would be happy (they should be happy) with Brown and one of those high picks. But it doesn't sound like Boston wants to give up their best prospect and as much as I like Bradley and Smart, they'd be worthless on a rebuilding team. So you can understand their bind. Without a top prospect and a top pick, there's no reason to pull the trigger. They could get a pick or two in the 20s at the trade deadline if that's the best offer out there.

If I'm Boston I'm not giving up Brown, 18BRK pick or 18LAL/19SAC pick for a one year rental.

I would offer 18BOS pick, 19MEM, and 19LAC picks though.

Jarate

Banned
Celtics have decided not to trade for Paul George because Indiana's asking price of Scoochie Smith was just to much. Trying to get Woj on the phone now

Gigglepoo

If I'm Boston I'm not giving up Brown, 18BRK pick or 18LAL/19SAC pick for a one year rental.

I would offer 18BOS pick, 19MEM, and 19LAC picks though.

Depending on what Blake does in free agency, that 19LAC pick could land in the top 5. I doubt it, though. I think Griffin is going to pull a Westbrook and drag that team to the playoffs. We'll see. If Boston is willing to give up those picks now, I'm guessing their offer won't change much come February. Do you really think Paul George isn't worth a lottery pick? The Celtics could definitely re-sign him if the situation is good.

Boogs31

Depending on what Blake does in free agency, that 19LAC pick could land in the top 5. I doubt it, though. I think Griffin is going to pull a Westbrook and drag that team to the playoffs. We'll see. If Boston is willing to give up those picks now, I'm guessing their offer won't change much come February. Do you really think Paul George isn't worth a lottery pick? The Celtics could definitely re-sign him if the situation is good.

Not on a one year deal. Especially considering he has made it pretty clear he won't resign with whatever team trades for him. I think he just wants to live in LA.

Every lottery pick is an asset that the team has control over for the next 7 or so years. And the 18BRK and 18LAL/19SAC picks are likely to be GREAT lottery picks. I wouldn't give either of those up for 1 season of George.

Perhaps things will change if Hayward signs with Boston and Ainge feels they are 1 player away (George) from competing for a title.

Tom Penny

Id give lakers Memphis clippers. That's it. No way they get the Nets pick without an extension guarantee.

Cornbread78

And Boston has to decide if they want to land a top-tier player or roll the dice with their assets. But it's not like they have leverage here. Indiana is boned either way so why hand over their best player to a team in the same conference and help a player (by giving away his Bird Rights) who's abandoning them?

It's really not a hard decision for Danny. No extension, no top draft picks. Why should Boston mortgage the future to get a 1 year rental. It's not really a tough decision for Boston.. Indy needs to get something for George and the longer they wait, the less they will get from teams....

Again, nobody is beating GS for a few years anyhow, so might as well, just stay competitive to keep your fans somewhat happy until next year when Lebron bolts to the West, then they get a straight path to being the Buffalo Bills of the NBA for a few years....

TTG

Blake is no longer able to drag a team to the playoffs, it's debatable if he ever could in the West anyway, but that's moot now. Besides however long he's gonna miss due to injury, his athleticism has been dwindling quickly.

Top Bottom