• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Boogs31

What makes you think he can't find some sort of happiness in, say, playing for a team like Brooklyn or Sacramento, playing for a young team that needs leadership? We have no real idea how these guys are wired.

Because those teams suck. Winning is more enjoyable than losing.

And saying you have no idea how these guys are wired is ignoring previous decisions they've made. He went out of his way to sign in Golden State. He told the organization he wanted to be there before they even had the cap space to sign him. Now maybe he has changed and values different things. But until he does anything to verify that, I'm going to stick to his past history of decisions he's made and what he's valued in the past as the best model of predicting what he might do.

And again, I may be wrong, but we won't know until he makes a decision.

Fjordson

All these other free agents are officially obsolete: Warriors will not make a qualifying offer to James Michael McAdoo, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Let the bidding war begin!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Suns had maybe the worst performance from the forward positions in the entire league last year. Would be a ridiculous coup for them.

Just cant see why Blake goes there.... besides the 30 million reasons a year or so.

FZZ

Banned
All these other free agents are officially obsolete: Warriors will not make a qualifying offer to James Michael McAdoo, making him an unrestricted free agent.

McAdoo was the reason y'all won the chip this year

bad move

Because those teams suck. Winning is more enjoyable than losing.

And saying you have no idea how these guys are wired is ignoring previous decisions they've made. He went out of his way to sign in Golden State. He told the organization he wanted to be there before they even had the cap space to sign him. Now maybe he has changed and values different things. But until he does anything to verify that, I'm going to stick to his past history of decisions he's made and what he's valued in the past as the best model of predicting what he might do.

And again, I may be wrong, but we won't know until he makes a decision.

Suffice to say, if he's entertaining offers from other teams maybe his values/perspective has changed bit in the last few years. Time has a way of doing that to people.

TTG

It's like an invisible weight I didn't even know was there has been lifted off my shoulders.

1 year at 20 mil for Iggy like I said. By then you hope McCaw can simulate his play or whatever. It's cold to effectively say we see the downward spiral you're in in a contract, but to do otherwise is to be complacent. Or maybe you promise him a front office job when he's done and pay him slightly more over 3 years.

I don't think David West is going anywhere. He had 10 minutes a game in the finals and no one rolled their eyes and grudgingly waited for him to get off the floor already. I think that's pretty much perfect.

They also drafted some 6'9 leader in blocks because it's 2017 and teams are still selling picks apparently. If that dude and McCaw are playable, they can mortar the rest with vets and it's not even a question.

Boogs31

Suffice to say, if he's entertaining offers from other teams maybe his values/perspective has changed bit in the last few years. Time has a way of doing that to people.

Most free agents like to be wined and dined. It's nice to feel wanted. And yes, there's always the possibility that he wants something new.

Gigglepoo

There's always the Disease of More to consider. Champion teams often break up because players want a bigger role or more money.

Cheebo

Banned
1 year at 20 mil for Iggy like I said.

No chance in hell Iggy stays if they only offer a 1 year. At Iggy's age with nagging back issues he will demand a long term deal. Warriors front office knows better than to offer a 1 year deal if they want to keep him.

The exact reason why you'd want him to do a 1 year deal is the exact reason he would never accept one.

TTG

Obviously we don't know these people, but in all appearances they seem to be about the basketball. No one has ambitions of being the next Jordan and so is looking for undisputed supremacy. No one is behaving like an insecure child while launching 5 off court ventures. Draymond is a bit of a dope, but he took a step back offensively right away when KD got there. Klay is oblivious, I'm sure Rocky soothes whatever vague discomfort he must feel after the shooting slump. KD and Curry again seem to be all about basketball, they don't have big public personalities outside of that.

Kickz

Jimmy teaching Karl how to properly roll a blunt

q5mzxhnlqn6z.jpg

But real talk, I guess we now know who the Hornets will target in free agency this summer.

Just target Hayward again, 2nd times gotta do it

It's not as if the Warriors will be offering him the minimum. They should be willing to offer a 3 year, 36 million dollar deal. Maybe he loses 20 to 24 million. That's a lot but again even if he signs the lesser deal he'll still make over 150 mil in his career.

But you're right, some guys will value the money more than anything else. But I see a player that is happy where he is and a guy who chose to play in Golden State prior to his last contract. If anything the Warriors are even more attractive as a destination now than they were when he signed there 4 years ago.

Oh he'd lose just 20-24 million?

Boogs31

Oh he'd lose just 20-24 million?

The next sentence after I mentioned the 20-24 million I said and I quote "that's a lot". For someone that has already made 118 million and is set to make at least another 40 million on top of that, it's not as crazy to pass up as it would be for us.

The next sentence after I mentioned the 20-24 million I said and I quote "that's a lot". For someone that has already made 118 million and is set to make at least another 40 million on top of that, it's not as crazy to pass up as it would be for us.

It's almost as crazy though. This will be his last big contract and he already has rings and a Finals MVP. His legacy is secure, it's time to sucker some team for a gigantic contract and an extended vacation every playoffs.

DJwest

His earning potential will drop like a brick as soon as he retires. This is most likely the last opportunity of his life to make bank. Plus we have no idea how he managed his career earnings. I sure as hell wouldn't give up $20 Million when I'm unlikely to ever make a fraction of that as soon as I retire. Security first.

It's almost as crazy though. This will be his last big contract and he already has rings and a Finals MVP. His legacy is secure, it's time to sucker some team for a gigantic contract and an extended vacation every playoffs.
Yep. He has nothing to prove so get paid, Iggy. By the way, how are the salaries in the Big 3 league lol

Cornbread78

I love how initially everyone was saying Hayward was a shoe-in for Boston, but now everyone is saying the opposite and he's staying in Utah...

This week is gonna be interesting for sure..

LionPride

Banned
As I think more on it...fuck the people who ain't vote for Bradley to be on either teams. I get it, he played 55 games. Chris Paul played worse defense and 6 more games though. Bradley had to guard two people a night because Thomas is worse than a sieve when ot comes to stopping anyone. When the people who actually play against him think you're fucking crazy...there's a problem. But I guess they're wrong? Then Brossuard saying he ain't vote for him because of Booker's 70 pt game...NIGGA DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING PLAY THAT GAME YET YOU GET TO VOTE ON THIS SHIT WHILE NOT EVEN DOIN A BIT OF RESEARCH?

And fuck the guy who said he ain't vote for Dray because of his on court antics. Bitch ass shit.

Tom Penny

As I think more on it...fuck the people who ain't vote for Bradley to be on either teams. I get it, he played 55 games. Chris Paul played worse defense and 6 more games though. Bradley had to guard two people a night because Thomas is worse than a sieve when ot comes to stopping anyone. When the people who actually play against him think you're fucking crazy...there's a problem. But I guess they're wrong? Then Brossuard saying he ain't vote for him because of Booker's 70 pt game...NIGGA DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING PLAY THAT GAME YET YOU GET TO VOTE ON THIS SHIT WHILE NOT EVEN DOIN A BIT OF RESEARCH?

And fuck the guy who said he ain't vote for Dray because of his on court antics. Bitch ass shit.

I can't speak on on CP3 don't watch him play much. I watch basically every game the Celtics play and Crowder and Bradley were not at the level I've seen them play before. I will leave it at that. Thinking they are offensive players absolutely hindered their D last year.

Top Bottom