• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

LionPride

Banned
Patty Mills and the cap flexibility to go for another major acquisition: a wing or an upgrade at the 4.

I'd take a serious look at that.
I'd be fine with Patty, get a stretch 4 to play alongside KAT and not some tall fuck we payin $16 Mil a year

Get people on the damn bench who deserve to play in the NBA

Could work

Wolves have like 5 nba players. They need at least 4 more.

This is Thibs. 2.5 more works (although Holiday and Lowry all have injury problems iirc. Though Lowry was 3rd in the NBA at 37.4 mpg this year (60 games), and was at that level for 77 games the year before, and at 34.5 mpg for 70 games in 2015, and 36.2 mpg for 79 games in 2014... my god. Lowry is going to the Timberwolves...)

It's looking more and more like the Spurs are just going to hold tight this offseason and wait until next summer when they have a ton of cap space. They are probably just going to re-sign players they feel are key for the next 5-6 years like Simmons and maybe Patty. I mean, maybe they go for George Hill, but we will see.

Dejounte Murray has apparently already put on 5 pounds of muscle in the offseason though, and is working out all summer with Kawhi. Gunna be awesome seeing how him and Bertans develop (Summer League!) as I expect both to have a much greater role this season and be part of the regular rotation.

edit: And just saw this from Mark Stein

Marc Stein‏Verified account
@ESPNSteinLine
Follow
More
Word is San Antonio has been preparing an offer for fast-developing restricted free agent Jonathon Simmons in the $9 million range annually

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/s....spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269437

Gigglepoo

I used to think Jeff Teague was good on Atlanta. But having watched him a ton in Indiana last year, I have no idea why any team would roll with him. I'd much rather try an unproven d-leaguer than an expensive, older, and utterly average point guard. I still can't understand why the Pacers dumped Hill for Teague and I'm even more shocked that other teams -- good teams! -- think he could help their team next season.

LionPride

Banned
This is Thibs. 2.5 more works (although Holiday and Lowry all have injury problems iirc. Though Lowry was 3rd in the NBA at 37.4 mpg this year (60 games), and was at that level for 77 games the year before, and at 34.5 mpg for 70 games in 2015, and 36.2 mpg for 79 games in 2014... my god. Lowry is going to the Timberwolves...)
I would almost legit consider entering fan free agency

LionPride

Banned
Wait you'd stop rooting for a team... because they got Kyle Lowry and Jimmy Butler in the same FA? You can find depth and get it later on, you don't get actual great players like this normally.
No because they got Kyle "🍑" Lowry

I don't want no expensive ass 31 year old PG

I've been a fan of this team since 2012, we are so damn close to being good again. Having a fucking bench instead of paying Kyle would help a helluva lot

Ronin Ray

It's looking more and more like the Spurs are just going to hold tight this offseason and wait until next summer when they have a ton of cap space. They are probably just going to re-sign players they feel are key for the next 5-6 years like Simmons and maybe Patty. I mean, maybe they go for George Hill, but we will see.

Dejounte Murray has apparently already put on 5 pounds of muscle in the offseason though, and is working out all summer with Kawhi. Gunna be awesome seeing how him and Bertans develop (Summer League!) as I expect both to have a much greater role this season and be part of the regular rotation.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/s....spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269437

As a spurs fan I am ok with this. I wish we could have got Rubio. I still want LMA off of the team.

Tom Penny

No because they got Kyle "🍑" Lowry

I've been a fan of this team since 2012, we are so damn close to being good again. Having a fucking bench instead of paying Kyle would help a helluva lot

Lowry is still a good regular season player.

I'm okay with this. Keepin Simmons is all I've wanted for the Spurs this offseason. I'd like them to acquire Hill or Millsap if they can, but that's alright if they dont.

Gigglepoo

Re-signing Holiday to a massive contract (5 years!?) is a huge mistake. Holiday, Davis, Boogie + scraps will struggle to even make the playoffs. If they're going to keep Anthony Davis, they have to be a lot more creative than running back a flawed team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No because they got Kyle "��" Lowry

Having actually great players starting would help a lot more. Rubio is a good player but Lowry is a -lot- better than him now and will continue to be better than him by a lot the next 4 years.

Honestly though they should have just kept Rubio and realized getting rid of Wiggins for an actually good player would have solved most of their problems.

Think they should call up LA though and see what they want for Beverley. He's easily the best option available taking into consideration the cap assuming the Clips are willing to move him already

LionPride

Banned
Having actually great players starting would help a lot more. Rubio is a good player but Lowry is a -lot- better than him now and will continue to be better than him by a lot the next 4 years.

Honestly though they should have just kept Rubio and realized getting rid of Wiggins for an actually good player would have solved most of their problems.
Hell no when it comes to Wiggins! The nigga 22!

I ain't wanna get rid of Rubio but fine, but a Patty Mills, a George Hill, a Jrue Holiday, that's what we need. Not Kyle "Big Booty Judy" Lowry

I'm okay with this. Keepin Simmons is all I've wanted for the Spurs this offseason. I'd like them to acquire Hill or Millsap if they can, but that's alright if they dont.

It would be hilarious in a way if, after trading away George Hill for Kawhi Leonard, we get back George Hill and win a championship in a few years.

I used to think Jeff Teague was good on Atlanta. But having watched him a ton in Indiana last year, I have no idea why any team would roll with him. I'd much rather try an unproven d-leaguer than an expensive, older, and utterly average point guard. I still can't understand why the Pacers dumped Hill for Teague and I'm even more shocked that other teams -- good teams! -- think he could help their team next season.

I would say our system really made Teague look better than he was. Teague is great but he has glass ankles. If any team can bring out the aggressive Teague then they get a hell of a player. Passive Teague sucks balls.

Damn, i might be in the minority but Rubio for a late 1st round pick? thats a steal for the Jazz but it doesn't look like George Hill will be back. I think Hayward is Boston bound and maybe Utah already knew this and thats why they pulled the trigger on the deal.

Kickz

With a team with Butler and Wiggins we can't afford three people who can't shoot well

I get it

I hate it but I get it

Yea, and I think Jimmy handles the ball alot so it kind takes a big thing Rick does away.

Midnight tonight will be exciting when the all the craziness unfolds

Kickz

tumblr_mizs3rS5KR1r70xplo1_500.gif

Haven't been to the playoffs in over 10 years

Now whining that they maybe picked up Kyle Lowry

come on y'all

Its more so Ricky is kind of a fan favorite than hating on Lowery

giphy.gif

LionPride

Banned
I knew he couldn't shoot or even finish layuos but damnit he could play defense, and pass like a motherfucker

Imma miss Pretty Tricky Ricky

Bread

Banned
HE'S 31

AND EXPENSIVE. YES IMMA COMPLAIN. I WANT THIS TEAM TO HAVE A FUCKIN BENCH SO KAT AND WIGGINS' BODIES CAN LIVE FOR LONGER THAN THREE YEARS
31 is not 40...he's still got a couple years left. plus, his game is definitely not based on athleticism so you don't need to worry about him falling off overnight.

LionPride

Banned
31 is not 40...he's still got a couple years left. plus, his game is definitely not based on athleticism so you don't need to worry about him falling off overnight.
We ain't gon be payin him fir a couple of years, I don't wanna be payin no 30+ year old for 4/5 years. Nope.

spyder_ur

That Jazz run of spending lotto picks back to back on Burke and Exum really killed the Jazz. It's their one major hole and they've been working around it for a few years, having to invest assets to do it.

LionPride

Banned
That Jazz run of spending lotto picks back to back on Burke and Exum really killed the Jazz. It's their one major hole and they've been working around it for a few years, having to invest assets to do it.
Burke can give ya 30 one night

Then 0 for the next 29

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
I think the Spurs and Knicks should talk. Trading LaMarcus Aldridge for Carmelo Anthony in a straight up player for player trade seems like a good deal for both sides.

Hell no, Melo will drive Pop into early retirement. LMA for KLove makes more sense. Love fit better with the Spurs system.

ESPN is saying that he Spurs are meeting with Iguadala right at midnight in LA.

Haha oh crap, that's the only interesting team in this to be honest . Any team willing to spend some serious cash on Iggy are worthless.

Even Spurs though ... what kind of move is that long term?

Haha oh crap, that's the only interesting team in this to be honest . Any team willing to spend some serious cash on Iggy are worthless.

Even Spurs though ... what kind of move is that long term?

Spurs don't have to just think long term. They have a team good enough to compete now and they have pieces in place to compete a few years down the line

So Rubio and Gobert hate each other apparently...

Btw, Gobert's twitter is underrated when it comes to player-controlled, great at shitposting twitters.

https://twitter.com/rudygobert27?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Rudy Gobert said:
You can delete your account now 😂
Patrick Fenelon said:
Worth noting: Ricky really really really doesn't like Rudy Gobert. That could be fascinating

tumblr_mizs3rS5KR1r70xplo1_500.gif

Its more so Ricky is kind of a fan favorite than hating on Lowery

giphy.gif

Ricky is so fucking likable

https://twitter.com/ericgoodman/status/880819635779772416
Eric Goodman said:
#Nuggets are in active discussions for #Cavaliers Kevin Love. Any deal would have to be Gary Harris or two first round draft picks

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/880938967255961601
Marc Stein said:
The Knicks have abandoned their hopes of meeting with Jeff Teague, league sources say, convinced Teague has already committed to Minnesota

https://twitter.com/Lockedonsports/status/880915874571407360
David Locke said:
Joe Ingles tells stories about going out with Ricky Rubio is Spain as though Rubio was the Beatles and Ingles the wingman

Seems like Teague to Minnesota is a done deal.

On one hand - it's the Knicks.

On the other hand, Jeff Teague seems like the most default, "we just need a point guard" option available. Unless you're being damn careful with how much you pay him and allow yourself space to go for other players, I would never want to be this adamant on Teague

Top Bottom