• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

TTG

Paul George for this?

I guess it's gonna be more fun to watch GSW beat the shit out of them next year, but man. Someone compile these star trades: Cousins for a Chipotle burrito, Butler for Space Jam champ, CP3 for a sampler platter of nothing, and now Paul George.

Love's value must be about 12.45 in cash considerations.

LionPride

Banned
I have high hopes for him as a rookie but that doesn't mean he'll make them significantly better this year. He's my dark horse ROY candidate.

I honestly think it's Lonzo just because Simmons and Fultz gon fuck each other number's up

Also this July 1 deadline means fuck all and everyone knows it

Sandfox

Paul George for this?

I guess it's gonna be more fun to watch GSW beat the shit out of them next year, but man. Someone compile these star trades: Cousins for a Chipotle burrito, Butler for Space Jam champ, CP3 for a sampler platter of nothing, and now Paul George.

Love's value must be about 12.45 in cash considerations.

Indiana thought the kid was Oladipo.

Paul George for this?

Love's value must be about 12.45 in cash considerations

That's Morey's music!

Nah, Cousins trade is looking way better than it did at first. But still. Wtf are stars worth these days? It's basically a top 4 seed or you're worthless.

"We want to get younger and also sign an old PG" -New York Knicks

Well they should get a pg cause like Frank ain't a pg. The guy is an sg. All his weakness (handles, turn over prone, slow burst) are all very concerning on the pg role. Shift him to sg, he suddenly becomes a better prospect.

Knicks should have traded for Rubio. He and Frank+Porzingis would have been great defensively.

"Let's just say the entire league seems stunned that Indiana didn't go for what the Celtics were offering for Paul George... Story up soon." -@SteveBHoop

I honestly think it's Lonzo just because Simmons and Fultz gon fuck each other number's up

I agree but Zizic could be starting for a 55+ win Celtics team and doing the majority of their rebounding.

Also this July 1 deadline means fuck all and everyone knows it

It's Dennis Smith Jr. imo. He's gonna profit so much from Carlisle and the spacing the Mavs will give him.

Also

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/880988130811277312
Jonathan Feigen said:
Rockets reach an agreement with Nene on a four year, $15 million contract, source said.

NENE COMING BACK FUCK YES

TTG

Give it up for you 2018 Eastern All Stars!!!

Rajon Rondo
Dwyane Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Lebron James
Dwight Howard

Insert Name Here, or don't, just give Lillard a spot already.

Dang, with these dudes moving West, Do the Warriors still end up with 4 All-Star selections & 70+ win season again?

When you sweep the East 41-0 shouldn't be that hard to get 30 some wins in the West when you just skipped to a 16-1 championship.

4 All-stars might be tough but that's just more rest for Klay and Green

spyder_ur

That's Morey's music!

Nah, Cousins trade is looking way better than it did at first. But still. Wtf are stars worth these days? It's basically a top 4 seed or you're worthless.

I've been saying - the game has changed because of the superteams. Not just the fact that they exist, but the idea that more and more the players are the factors in determining where and when they happen.

Also, consider the 'stars' traded recently. Boogie, Butler, George. All legit great players by any measure. And what did it get the teams that drafted and groomed them? Headaches and further lotto picks, mostly.

I wouldn't want to be an NBA GM right now weighing near and long-term competitive and owner pressure.

The FA deals tomorrow are going to be fascinating to see.

"Let's just say the entire league seems stunned that Indiana didn't go for what the Celtics were offering for Paul George... Story up soon." -@SteveBHoop

I agree but Zizic could be starting for a 55+ win Celtics team and doing the majority of their rebounding.

Personally, I don't really trust Bulpett for C's coverage.

LionPride

Banned
It's Dennis Smith Jr. imo. He's gonna profit so much from Carlisle and the spacing the Mavs will give him.

Also

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/880988130811277312

NENE COMING BACK FUCK YES
Oooo I forgot all about my boy, if he does start all season and is good...yeah

If he can score more than 10 a game and average 10 as well...I can see it

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm shocked thats all it took to keep Nene. I guess the market for centers isn't going to be completely batshit insane like last year where almost every single deal has ended up being a disaster.

Sandfox

Kudos to Ramona Shelburne btw, Woj shook.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woj was her source since they are working the free agency show together and Woj is holding off on tweeting until he becomes official for ESPN in 30 minutes.

I'm shocked thats all it took to keep Nene. I guess the market for centers isn't going to be completely batshit insane like last year where almost every single deal has ended up being a disaster.

I think it's the extra years. On top of that, the Rockets did a great job playing the prevention game with Nene's injury history, restricting his minutes and games plays and thus helping him have a really great season when he played.

He went nuts in the playoffs because of the days off and everything. Such a great asset.

League would have been somehow even more fucked if the Warriors snagged him last year.

spyder_ur

I wouldn't be surprised if Woj was her source since they are working the free agency show together and Woj is holding off on tweeting until he becomes official for ESPN in 30 minutes.

Wait - Woj literally starts working for ESPN at midnight? What incredible timing.

TTG

Like KD and Curry, what a duo.

Also, can I just say the Clips played themselves? Best case scenario this is Elton Brand 2.0 for like 50 games.

a LMA/Hortford frontcourt ain't defending the rim/rebounding for shit.

True. I think LMAo would help with the rebounding though and he's a big body, Boston needs big bodies lol. That being said, I don't love the idea, I just don't see anyone else left for Danny to trade for right now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Begun the NBA Arms Race?

Western Conference should be renamed M.A.D* Conference

*Mutually Assured Destruction

Even ESPN making more acquisitions than Danny.

I usually just lurk in here and I'm still too hurt over Rubio to feel feelings but

170418_MUSIC_Kendrick-Damn.jpg.CROP.promo-large.jpg

Wait - Woj literally starts working for ESPN at midnight? What incredible timing.

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/880809866876538881
Rachel Nichols said:
Wanna watch the free agency fireworks with us?
#TheJump crew is taking over ESPN2 for 2 HOURS starting at midnight ET.
Oh & Woj is coming 😎

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/880990553151725568
David Aldridge said:
No outs for Nene in four-year, $15M deal with Rockets (@Jonathan_Feigen first).

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/880991523759947776
Marc Stein said:
League sources indicate that the Warriors and Stephen Curry are on course to strike their five-year, $201 mil "supermax" deal after midnight

Poor Marc Stein, dude is working until the moment he's fired and his noncompete clause kicks in smh

https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/status/880991350082027520
Rudy Gobert said:
Here you go @NBA
DDno9VKUMAEmsoE.jpg

TTG

I think it's the extra years. On top of that, the Rockets did a great job playing the prevention game with Nene's injury history, restricting his minutes and games plays and thus helping him have a really great season when he played.

He went nuts in the playoffs because of the days off and everything. Such a great asset.

League would have been somehow even more fucked if the Warriors snagged him last year.

Morey is like one signing away from GM's version of Pop, he's the Rockets' best asset, not Harden. Nene deal is sweet.

Top Bottom