• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Kickz

DDnh7ByU0AABIIa.jpg

giphy.gif

Morey is like one signing away from GM's version of Pop, he's the Rockets' best asset, not Harden. Nene deal is sweet.

Atm Meyers-Buford-Morey-Ainge-Masai-Presti(?) seem like the top tier for GMs. Presti has the Harden trade weighing him down.

I love Dork Elvis though, he's great. He, Les Alexander, Harden, D'Antoni, and Bzdelick have a really great ring where they all mutually respect others' opinions and also leave them to their jobs going on.

Yep someone will sign a player who may literally die if he keeps going on the court

Yep someone wants to deal with that

I honestly wonder.

How long until we get a player that only plays home games. Could that be worth something? Bosh's issue is with playing after flights, right?

LionPride

Banned
Atm Meyers-Buford-Morey-Ainge-Masai-Presti(?) seem like the top tier for GMs. Presti has the Harden trade weighing him down.

I love Dork Elvis though, he's great. He, Les Alexander, Harden, D'Antoni, and Bzdelick have a really great ring where they all mutually respect others' opinions and also leave them to their jobs going on.

I honestly wonder.

How long until we get a player that only plays home games. Could that be worth something? Bosh's issue is with playing after flights, right?

Shit with the way the East lookin LeBron may play once or twice a week and that's it

But seriously I don't think that's gonna happen, ain't no one wanna be the one to deal with that

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/880993293714280448
Darren Rovell said:
Steph Curry to become first NBA player with average annual salary of $40M+. Jordan's inflation adjusted 97-98 salary though is $50M.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/880993187468386304
David Aldridge said:
Now that Blake Griffin is going back to Clippers, expect Phoenix to go hard for Paul Millsap. They're fans.

Shit with the way the East lookin LeBron may play once or twice a week and that's it

But seriously I don't think that's gonna happen, ain't no one wanna be the one to deal with that

But I mean, why not?

Fuck, Bosh would be great on the Rockets. Sign him for a cheap-ass contract and let's get him playing at home court.

LionPride

Banned
Looking at the inverse of the Eastern tanking teams/Western playoff hopefuls situations, imagine how great you feel if you're the Kings, Suns, or Celtics/Sixers. You're basically guaranteed one of the worst records in the league, no questions asked.

If the Jazz lose Hayward, they get a top 6 pick, near-guaranteed.

Sandfox

Marc Stein‏ @ESPNSteinLine 6m6 minutes ago

We've had tons of fun on here Basketball Twitter. Especially this month. And we'll have fun together again someday soon. Promise #thisleague
Marc Stein's final tweet.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There is too much goddamn money coming to the players, Holy Shit

Good job on getting it guys, you deserve every penny

These contract numbers people are dropping are ABSURD!

Fucking Bestbrook getting 41+ million per season if he takes that extension, GOD DAMN!

LionPride

Banned
There is too much goddamn money coming to the players, Holy Shit

Good job on getting it guys, you deserve every penny

These contract numbers people are dropping are ABSURD!

Fucking Bestbrook getting 41+ million per season if he takes that extension, GOD DAMN!

But always keep this in mind, the players are rich, the owners are wealthy. Hopefully less and less stars end up on a 30 for 30 talkin bout where there went wrong

spyder_ur

Looking at the inverse of the Eastern tanking teams/Western playoff hopefuls situations, imagine how great you feel if you're the Kings, Suns, or Celtics/Sixers. You're basically guaranteed one of the worst records in the league, no questions asked.

If the Jazz lose Hayward, they get a top 6 pick, near-guaranteed.

Nah, it would hurt, but they're still a solid team and obviously committed to not bottoming out. Other than the Wolves, the teams that have added players are already playoff teams.

I can't see them being worse than: Lakers, Sixers, Magic, Suns, Net, Knicks, Bulls, just to start.

Who is everyone's bet for the Mozgov award of worst contract right at the 12:01 marker?

Nah, it would hurt, but they're still a solid team and obviously committed to not bottoming out. Other than the Wolves, the teams that have added players are already playoff teams.

The Pelicans added Boogie and will have a full season with him.

The Nuggets won't have Jokic on the bench and their young core will have more years together.

The Blazers will have Nurkic.

The Mavs, before they got eliminated from the playoffs and after they recovered from their mess of injuries, were playing well, and restocked on young talent (Carlisle has also done more with less many times before)

It's not a question of if the Jazz will be that bad, so much as who can they be better than?

spyder_ur

The Pelicans added Boogie and will have a full season with him.

The Nuggets won't have Jokic on the bench and their young core will have more years together.

The Blazers will have Nurkic.

The Mavs, before they got eliminated from the playoffs and after they recovered from their mess of injuries, were playing well, and restocked on young talent (Carlisle has also done more with less many times before)

It's not a question of if the Jazz will be that bad, so much as who can they be better than?

Well I mean you cut out at least 7 teams I listed.

TTG

Windhorst, with all disdain in the world, reminded me just how shit Oladipo's contract is. I totally forgot they're paying him 80+ mil. Oh Indiana.

"In addition to the huge offers BOS made for Paul George, @WindhorstESPN said ATL offered four first-rounders for George at the deadline too." -@AlexKennedyNBA

Bird really fucked the Pacers by not trading PG at the deadline.

Was it possible for the Thunder to have signed Durant and Horford while keeping Oladipo and Sabonis for Paul George?

Shams Charania said:
Jeff Teague has agreed to a three-year, $57M deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, league sources tell The Vertical. 3rd-year player option.

Woj said:
Sources: Tony Snell has agreed to 4-year, $46M deal -- $44M guaranteed -- to return to Milwaukee. Player option... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0672652326451811732-4 …

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/880999591314944001
Shams Charania said:
Chicago RFA Cristiano Felicio has agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal to re-sign with the Bulls, league sources tell The Vertical.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/880999728258793472
Woj said:
Free agent Patty Mills has agreed to a 4-year, $50M deal to stay with San Antonio, league sources tell ESPN. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0672652585567524257-4 …

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/880999635648729088
Shams Charania said:
Sources: Stephen Curry's agent, Jeff Austin, and Golden State GM Bob Myers have started discussions finalizing a five-year, $201M max deal.

Shams going head-to-head with his old mentor XD

Top Bottom