• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

TTG

I'm calling over under on number of all stars GSW sends fishing next season in the first 3 rounds at 10. It's gonna be a blood bath.

Those 3 first rounders are likely all non lottery picks. Jae Crowder is a solid role player on a great contract and that's it. I get that the deal the Pacers took was bad, but Boston could and should have offered something better.

Not for a rental, the Nets pick (which Vegas has odds at being #1 again) and the Lakers/Kings pick would be non-negotiable to me unless PG was willing to do at LEAST a 1&1.

He adds one more year, we talk for the Lakers pick, but the Nets pick is untouchable.

Didn't the same thing happen with Vlade and the Kings? Hell the Bulls too? Ainge needs to stop fucking low balling and make these shitty GM worried their not going to receive a better offer.

It seems like the C's had a better offer on the table but Indy went with the OKC deal instead. 🤷*♀️

There's so much money coming in right now the league should absolutely expand, it would also help bulwark against the cable bubble bursting because you'd have additional local revenue sharing bringing in more $$$.

The league is at an all time popularity level, cash in, add 4 more teams.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski (h/t 16 Wins A Ring's Adam Joseph), the Jazz are "confident" they can re-sign Hayward since he's been "very engaged" with the team during the offseason and working out with Jazz trainers.

Woj knows all

Tom Penny

Those 3 first rounders are likely all non lottery picks. Jae Crowder is a solid role player on a great contract and that's it. I get that the deal the Pacers took was bad, but Boston could and should have offered something better.
No they shouldn't have offered more. They would be betting against themselves. Indy took a bad deal for personal reasons turning down better offers from other teams.

Kickz

Woj knows all

Danny-Ainge-Loses-His-Mind-Watching-Lebron-Close-Out-Game.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There's so much money coming in right now the league should absolutely expand, it would also help bulwark against the cable bubble bursting because you'd have additional local revenue sharing bringing in more $$$.

The league is at an all time popularity level, cash in, add 4 more teams.

Seattle (guaranteed)
St. Louis?
Vancouver?
San Diego?

Goddamn most cities are all West, gonna be shifting like 3-4 teams out of West to make room lol

Boogs31

Not for a rental, the Nets pick (which Vegas has odds at being #1 again) and the Lakers/Kings pick would be non-negotiable to me unless PG was willing to do at LEAST a 1&1.

He adds one more year, we talk for the Lakers pick, but the Nets pick is untouchable.

Why not offer Tatum? He shouldn't be untouchable especially considering they have Brown and Crowder who can both play the 3. They traded down from 1, got an additional pick and still weren't willing to part with the 3 pick for a superstar like George?

You also aren't factoring in that George would help the Celtics appeal to Hayward. So maybe you're trading for a year rental of George, but they might also get the next 10 years of Hayward because of it.

Boogs31

No they shouldn't have offered more. They would be betting against themselves. Indy took a bad deal for personal reasons turning down better offers from other teams.

If Hayward doesn't come to Boston and they enter another season without a single superstar player, I hope you'll wake up and realize how much of a wasted opportunity all of this was.

Why not offer Tatum? He shouldn't be untouchable especially considering they have Brown and Crowder who can both play the 3. They traded down from 1, got an additional pick and still weren't willing to part with the 3 pick for a superstar like George?

You also aren't factoring in that George would help the Celtics appeal to Hayward. So maybe you're trading for a year rental of George, but they might also get the next 10 years of Hayward because of it.

You can't take PG's contract before getting Hayward, Hayward had to come first, which is why the reports are that Indy just wasn't willing to wait till they could and pulled a panic move.

If you need to add some cities in the East you can add uhhhh Columbus, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Nashville, Montreal, Pittsburgh

If Ibaka and Lowry re-sign with Toronto I expect 55 wins with how weak the conference is looking

GraveRobberX

Griz and TWolves are east teams anyway.

Trying to think of an untapped East market RN. Not many left that don't have overlap.

Norfolk, Virginia? Pittsburg? Buffalo?, fuck it drop Team #3 in NYC either in Queens or Long Island
Get that Appalachian Money

Call them the Coal Miners, it's so hot right now!

If you need to add some cities in the East you can add uhhhh Columbus, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Nashville, Montreal, Pittsburgh

Montreal is a Hockey town through and through, and the rest of those markets all have major overlap with other big Markets. Ohio can't do another team and Buffalo is Raps country.

See it's hard right? You need a market space that you can generate additional revenue that you wouldn't otherwise have from NBA merch and without decreasing another teams market (which would result in the owner of that market killing the proposal from jump).

Montreal makes the most sense because it's got no real overlap but IDK if you could make the game work there.

Boogs31

You can't take PG's contract before getting Hayward, Hayward had to come first, which is why the reports are that Indy just wasn't willing to wait till they could and pulled a panic move.

They didn't wait because Boston didn't make a better offer. If Boston offered any of their best assets, they would have waited. Brown, Tatum, 18BRK pick and 18LAL pick are the Celtics 4 best assets. If you don't put any of your 4 best assets on the table, don't expect to get a deal done.

Memphis and Minneapolis both deserve to be in the East anyways. If you really need another expansion in the East, look into Louisville

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/881025050975100928
Woj on ESPN: Clippers going after Gallinari, Ingles.

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/881025426994364416
On Lowry, Woj: Andy Miller has talked with Ujiri a few times. Gone back&forth. "Not imminent, they'll talk again tomorrow."

If Hayward doesn't come to Boston and they enter another season without a single superstar player, I hope you'll wake up and realize how much of a wasted opportunity all of this was.

The C's were the one seed / 2nd best team in the east and are adding three first round picks. I think you're overreacting. I'd love to get Hayward and it would have been great to get PG but they're still in a great position.

Zukkoyaki

I can't see St. Louis being in the running for an NBA team. I know this is anecdotal, but living in Missouri my whole life, basketball isn't that popular there despite its tendency to produce young talent. It's all baseball and hockey all the time there. Plus the city has a bad reputation these days.

Kansas City is a far better basketball market if anyone was to look at Missouri.

GraveRobberX

I think 4 is the sweet spot tho. It'll likely be 2, but 4 should be the goal.

2 in 2019-2020

2 in 2022-2024

Sounds good right?

This way you keep your news cycles going strong and keep new cities vying for 3 spots for the league going

The C's were the one seed / 2nd best team in the east and are adding three first round picks. I think you're overreacting. I'd love to get Hayward and it would have been great to get PG but they're still in a great position.

At this point Danny's play needs to just be "sit on my hands no matter what and make these last two high picks".

The Nets pick is strong odds to sit at #1 again, take Ayton (Like him more than Porter) and be done with it.

Tom Penny

They wasted an opportunity to give up a brk pick and young players for a rental... Not really.

Top Bottom