• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Sanjuro

Magic's not the GM. I think his 20+ years as a successful business man outside of basketball are pretty good credentials for his role as pres of operations. Pelinka is the GM, and he had decades of experience as an agent, dealing with players, other front offices, negotiations and the cap. Chauncey Billips...goes on tv and talks about basketball. That's his resume.

I'm just kidding really. I'm not sure why people would jump at Billups either. I made a comment a few weeks ago about what Ron Mercer is doing.

Cornbread78

Hayward is signing a 3 year deal with the Heat. Will be announced tomorrow.
that'd be pretty embarrassing to pick the heat over the celtics then lose to them in the playoffs!
Riles allegedly in San Diego which is where Hayward is meeting with the Jazz.

Hmm, something smells fishy..

Danny didn't do it! Bring on all those crap contracts for more draft picks!

Gigglepoo

Honestly I didn't think he would but after passing on Fultz who knows. Put an offer of a 1st rd pick with high enough potential in the lottery IT is gone.

Ainge wouldn't give up a lottery pick for Paul George but thinks he'll land one for Isaiah Thomas? Good luck with that.

The one good thing so far about this offseason for the Celts is that the PG market cratering means they might be able to resign IT to a much friendlier deal. If they can get him for the years/money Lowry got they have to consider that a win.

What a dummy if he stays
Hayward going to the east makes sense since the west will be a shit show

His daughter isn't even in school so no fault in moving

I'd rather play with Whiteside than Gobert

Boogs31

Although I completely understand the appeal of Miami as a place to live, I still don't understand the appeal of Miami for basketball reasons. Clearly a trio of Whiteside, Hayward and Dragic is not a title contender. Even though they'd be the favorite to make the conference final with Hayward, they would have zero chance of advancing past that stage. Unless Riley has some plan to dump salary in the future and sign another star free agent next year I just don't see it. Utah is the best basketball option in the present, Boston is the best basketball option for the future.

LionPride

Banned
Although I completely understand the appeal of Miami as a place to live, I still don't understand the appeal of Miami for basketball reasons. Clearly a trio of Whiteside, Hayward and Dragic is not a title contender. Even though they'd be the favorite to make the conference final with Hayward, they would have zero chance of advancing past that stage. Unless Riley has some plan to dump salary in the future and sign another star free agent next year I just don't see it. Utah is the best basketball option in the present, Boston is the best basketball option for the future.
Reading the Dion Waiters PT piece, I get it. They whip ya ass into the legitimate best shape of your life, ensure you become a better person, and Spolstra's a great coach

Top Bottom