• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Celtics got they next great white hope

Curious to see if he instantly has the top-selling jersey in Boston. "There's lots of other great athletes in this city, but there's just SOMETHING about Brady, Gronk and Hayward that makes me love them more. I can't quite put my finger on it."

LionPride

Banned
Curious to see if he instantly has the top-selling jersey in Boston. "There's lots of other great athletes in this city, but there's just SOMETHING about Brady, Gronk and Hayward that makes me love them more. I can't quite put my finger on it."
It's their firey passion for the game

RootCause

Congrats to Boston fans. Team would've been something else if they had acquired both Paul, and Gordon.

Just like I thought. This was all bullshit to try and damage control the leak. This Player's Tribune stuff is getting corny AF to be honest. Utah fans aren't going to hate you any less because you wrote a nice heartfelt article for them.
Now everybody wants to write a PT article, and be pc. Let's go back to cratering a city, and burning all sorts of bridges.

mjp2417

Banned
$20 says the west going nuclear in the past few days played a big part in this decision

I think it's more likely that Utah getting completely waxed by Golden St. in May was the prime mover. The Jazz roster can compete with the Thunder, Wolves, and even Rockets of the world. They simply can't compete with the Dubs.

vikki

He'll never outsell Scalabrine.

Tommy DJ

$20 says the west going nuclear in the past few days played a big part in this decision

You're going to get fucking bodied in the West if you're aren't a beast on a winning team. The East quite literally has John Wall, Lebron James and I can't think of a third player that is on the same level as Durant, Curry, Kawhi, Westbrook, Harden, Paul, Lillard and so forth.

If I wanted to win games, I wouldn't stay with a small market team in the West like the Utah Jazz.

I think it's more likely that Utah getting completely waxed by Golden St. in May was the prime mover. The Jazz roster can compete with the Thunder, Wolves, and even Rockets of the world. They simply can't compete with the Dubs.

I don't think the current iteration of the Jazz can compete with the current iteration of the Rockets or Thunder. Those two teams just got top 20 players to sign up with other top 20 players.

Slizeezyc

Well there it is.

Celtics get their guy

Eastern conference now >>>>West ???

Sadly he's just a guy, Celtics still waiting on those assets for THE guy.

You're going to get fucking bodied in the West if you're aren't a beast on a winning team. The East quite literally has John Wall, Lebron James and I can't think of a third player that is on the same level as Durant, Curry, Kawhi, Westbrook, Harden, Paul, Lillard and so forth.

If I wanted to win games, I wouldn't stay with a small market team in the West like the Utah Jazz.

(Giannis)

Slizeezyc

Did the Celtics really win this deal if they had to renounce Game 7 Legend (and white!) Kelly O just to get Gordon?

I think not.

Giannis

But yeah. Hayward is instantly the 4th best player in the east

Well...derozan apparently works his ass off (was in the gym right after signing his max contract) and he was going to work on his passing/distribution skills, so if he takes another step up (something that he's done for multiple consecutive years now) there is an argument to be had

Ainge ain't shit. Stevens closed the deal. Now what big are they trading Jae Crowder for?
Ryan Anderson

Just walked around the house fist pumping like a maniac. What a crazy fucking day. Great stuff. Thank you Celtics-GAF for sharing the ride.

Yes this is damage control so he can release his thanks for making me a man Utah love you but this is my next chapter bullshit.

Jazz got fucking hosed in FA. Jesus.

I called it earlier.

What a jack ass. This is just about being an all star. He isn't winning a title with Boston. He has to deal with the GSW eventually, only now he gets to go against lebron first.

Sandfox

The media on Hayward: "He's such a smart player".

The media on Thomas: "He's a beast and an athletic specimen"

Love this signing, Hayward is a tremendous player and he's just what the Celtics needed. Get a quality big and let's beat Lebron.

But my GOD it was a nervous day lol.

Slizeezyc

Love this signing, Hayward is a tremendous player and he's just what the Celtics needed. Get a quality big and let's beat Lebron.

But my GOD it was a nervous day lol.

2358c5ffa5194461dfa2dc43ddd4015613e61775558f256cdda905dff2aac50f_large

Feel bad for the jazz.

For one, the rockets beat them out for last year's playoffs by one game, and Hayward got fouled badly at the end of a key Rockets-Jazz game (which given our history was nice, but keeping that draft pick that turned into juancho hernangomez would have been really nice)

Then, after years of rebuilding, when they finally enter the playoffs after an incredibly injury-plagued season, they earn a playoff victory and things are suddenly looking up.

And then just like that they lose their star

Also didn't get to see any Rockets-Jazz playoff matchups, which I really wanted to see

Top Bottom