• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Y'all gonna be lucky to go 6 against LeBron rn

2358c5ffa5194461dfa2dc43ddd4015613e61775558f256cdda905dff2aac50f_large

I give yall 5 games to lose against the Cavs

We'll see. If Danny gets a legit big, the Celtics absolutely have a chance.

Hayward has to prove he's better then Jae Crowder.

He's better than Crowder at everything but defense and it's not like he is a slouch there.

Anyways this gives Boston another playmaker other than IT. They'll be good but they won't be beating the cavs soon unless they get some rebounding bigs.

Slizeezyc

My hot take is that if Hood is healthy and Burks has two functioning legs, the drop off in terms of W-Ls -- at least in terms of their overall metrics on the court -- shouldn't be impacted too badly.

The West being stronger maybe brings them down (I think with Hayward they were still the favorite for the 4 seed) but I don't see why this has to mean the Jazz aren't going to the playoffs etc.

We'll see. If Danny gets a legit big, the Celtics absolutely have a chance.

lebron-james-wink.gif

spyder_ur

I'd be alright with Kelly on a one year deal if Waiters turns us down.

"If Waiters turns us down", being said from a laker fan.

Ainge outdueling Pat Riley for the biggest DA available.

Love it. Not sure if I should be happy or sad that I essentially missed the entire ordeal while at the beach.

What a totally devastating blow for the jazz.

My hot take is that if Hood is healthy and Burks has two functioning legs, the drop off in terms of W-Ls -- at least in terms of their overall metrics on the court -- shouldn't be impacted too badly.

The West being stronger maybe brings them down (I think with Hayward they were still the favorite for the 4 seed) but I don't see why this has to mean the Jazz aren't going to the playoffs etc.

lebron-james-wink.gif

Exum needs to show something for them to really improve. I think it's time they commit him at sg rather than making him a pg.

Also love the Mitchell pick. I think he has all star potential.

Slizeezyc

I would assume Crowder, Smart, and the #1 picks besides the Brooklyn and LAL/SAC picks are on the table.

Not much then, any of the bigs worth having at a non-fill-one-specific-role level (like a Dedmon) will cost something that's worth something real. Smart is RFA, Crowder is solid but not enough. Those other picks are firsts but trading five dimes for a dollar isn't gonna happen with this probably because none of the good bigs are in contract years -- except DJ.

If they are cool with paying some tax money

LMA or Drummond probs.. but it's gonna cost them a Brooklyn and/or Lakers pick most likely....

Celtics don't want Drummond's contract. LMA doesn't solve their problems.

Ronin Ray

? Never lol

This is gaf nba we had a guy here months ago talking about how LaMarcus Aldridge is better than Kawhi Leonard. I also think there was another guy saying CP3's career has been better than Curry's or something. So your really sure about that?

On the other hand though.

The Jazz fucked up that one summer of 2014 when Hayward was a RFA. Could have tied him down for more years (Hayward was nearly on the Cavs if LeBron didn't out nowhere contact the Cavs)

jdstorm

Banned
Celts should go after Willie Caulie Stein.

Sacramento has a big man log jam and lots of cap space. Stein is a mobile athletic big on a rookie scale deal. Its a Win-Win.

mjp2417

Banned
Greg Monroe, vucevic, valanciunas couple others on trade market

For free agency market: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/center/

Alex Len, Dewayne Dedmon (would be my choice if I was Boston) and technically nerlens noel. Oh yeah, and tarik black now

Yeah Dedmon probably makes the most sense among the free agents especially since that means Danny can continue to hoard assets. This is going to sound cruel, but I wonder if Derrick Favors might work as well in a trade.

Celts should go after Willie Caulie Stein.

Sacramento has a big man log jam and lots of cap space. Stein is a mobile athletic big on a rookie scale deal. Its a Win-Win.

Why would Sacramento agree to that, ever?

They actually have their heads back on these days. Papagiannis is incredibly raw, Skal is a power forward, WCS is young talent, and he's a Kentucky player (Kentucky players are incredibly valued by the Suns, Kings, and possibly the Pelicans)

Top Bottom