• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

I don't understand lol. Are you saying there are questions about Drummond as a player or questions if Boston has the pieces to trade for him?

Im pretty sure he's referring to Drummond as a player. He solves the issue of rebounding for you guys but his defense is very suspect.

Probably best to stay away.

spyder_ur

They can scoop a serviceable big men quite easily using the MLE, mini or minimums. Not that concerned about that.

I'm sure Danny has the base of a deal lined up, but I'm far more interested in what he has planned to deal one of Smart, Bradley and Crowder. One has to go.

Why would Sacramento agree to that, ever?

They actually have their heads back on these days. Papagiannis is incredibly raw, Skal is a power forward, WCS is young talent, and he's a Kentucky player (Kentucky players are incredibly valued by the Suns, Kings, and possibly the Pelicans)

If you're the Kings, you wouldn't take Crowder and Memphis pick for WCS? Would seem to be a pretty decent return given their frontcourt and the moves they've made so far.

jdstorm

Banned
Why would Sacramento agree to that, ever?

They actually have their heads back on these days. Papagiannis is incredibly raw, Skal is a power forward, WCS is young talent, and he's a Kentucky player (Kentucky players are incredibly valued by the Suns, Kings, and possibly the Pelicans)

Because Boston have desirable enough assets to make it work. IE lots of future picks. Jae Crowder to play SF ect. Plus having too many bigs stuck in a logjam that doesn't allow them enough minutes to properly develop would just be Sacramento wasting assets.

Boston get a good defensive asset and dont have to give up much salary because WCS is cheap.

Sacramento clear a logjam and allow Papagiannis, Skal, Giles, Koufos and Zbo to share the PF/C minutes while aquiring a good player on a very good contract (Crowder) and a nice future asset or 2.

LionPride

Banned
Can we talk about Bam Adebayo in SL

It's better to look bomb af in SL than to look lost and be sent three years in a row *cough* Rashad Vaughn *cough*

mjp2417

Banned
If you're the Kings, you wouldn't take Crowder and Memphis pick for WCS? Would seem to be a pretty decent return given their frontcourt and the moves they've made so far.

It's not a totally unreasonable deal, but the Kings seem to like WCS and he was a very recent lottery pick. I doubt they bite.

They can scoop a serviceable big men quite easily using the MLE, mini or minimums. Not that concerned about that.

I'm sure Danny has the base of a deal lined up, but I'm far more interested in what he has planned to deal one of Smart, Bradley and Crowder. One has to go.

Hold up.

Who is their center if WCS gets traded?

ZBo can play some minutes at the 5, sure. And then it's Papagiannis. They don't really have a frontcourt jam, unless I'm forgetting someone

Because Boston have desirable enough assets to make it work. IE lots of future picks. Jae Crowder to play SF ect. Plus having too many bigs stuck in a logjam that doesn't allow them enough minutes to properly develop would just be Sacramento wasting assets.

Boston get a good defensive asset and dont have to give up much salary because WCS is cheap.

Sacramento clear a logjam and allow Papagiannis, Skal, Giles, Koufos and Zbo to share the PF/C minutes while aquiring a good player on a very good contract (Crowder) and a nice future asset or 2.

Wouldn't surprise me if Giles is redshirted, and in any case, Kings will probably be slow with him, put him on the d-league or make him a 3rd string rotation player to start.

I forgot Koufos, but honestly, why would the Kings give up WCS over Koufos?

Im pretty sure he's referring to Drummond as a player. He solves the issue of rebounding for you guys but his defense is very suspect.

Probably best to stay away.

I guess, but I'm a huge fan of his for whatever reason lol. I still think that under the right circumstances he could be a beast. But yeah you guys are probably right and he would be a poor fit on President Stevens scheme anyway.

jdstorm

Banned
Hold up.

Who is their center if WCS gets traded?

ZBo can play some minutes at the 5, sure. And then it's Papagiannis. They don't really have a frontcourt jam, unless I'm forgetting someone

Wouldn't surprise me if Giles is redshirted, and in any case, Kings will probably be slow with him, put him on the d-league or make him a 3rd string rotation player to start.

I forgot Koufos, but honestly, why would the Kings give up WCS over Koufos?

Kings have cap space. They can afford to chase a big money C if they still want one. They can go after Alex Len or accept Tyson Chandler in a salary dump.

Boston need the big they recieve to be as cheap as possible so they dont have to give up too much salary. With that in mind WCS is the only big that suits their needs and they should overpay for him with some of their "Assets"

Edit: Even if Giles Redshirts after Hypothetically trading WCS for Crowder + Picks Sacramento's rotation is still

STARTERS Hill Buddy Crowder Skal Koufos
Bench Fox Temple Richardson Zbo Papagianis

With Jackson and Giles playing in the G league. Thats a nice "rebuilding" roster.

I guess, but I'm a huge fan of his for whatever reason lol. I still think that under the right circumstances he could be a beast. But yeah you guys are probably right and he would be a poor fit on President Stevens scheme anyway.

he's not that great defensively and is almost unplayable in the clutch because of his FT shooting. That kind of player is becoming out of vogue around the league.

LionPride

Banned
Kings have cap space. They can afford to chase a big money C if they still want one. They can go after Alex Len or accept Tyson Chandler in a salary dump.

Boston need the big they recieve to be as cheap as possible so they dont have to give up too much salary. With that in mind WCS is the only big that suits their needs and they should overpay for him with some of their "Assets"
Len is actually awful
Chandler is what 33 on that contract?

Tall4Life

We shouldn't trade for a center yet. Let's start Zizic and see how he does. If he want more now, then we can trade. Otherwise, full steam ahead.

You keep looking at this from a Celtics perspective. No shit they would take WCS. Why would the Kings do it, especially with their whole youth movement thing?

he's not that great defensively and is almost unplayable in the clutch because of his FT shooting. That kind of player is becoming out of vogue around the league.

I know, he probably isn't the best idea for Boston. But I really wouldn't mind him as a situational player, kind of like TT is for the Cavs. Problem is his value in a trade would be too high for that and his contract is ridiculous for that role.

I mean, that's a much better return than what Pritchard ended up accepting

Nah, it really isn't. Oladipo is still pretty good and Sabonis was the 12th pick in the 2016 draft and had a pretty decent rookie year (had some issues with the rookie wall later in the season though)

jdstorm

Banned
You keep looking at this from a Celtics perspective. No shit they would take WCS. Why would the Kings do it, especially with their whole youth movement thing?

Because the Kings have too much youth. You cant play 5 rookies and expect them to develop. You can only really have 2 or 3 rookies on the floor at once if you want them to develop quickly.

Furthermore Sacramento would be likely getting the Lakers or Brooklyn picks. Having potentially 2 more lottery picks in a class that is loaded with big men rather then paying WCS in a year makes a lot of sense for them.

Because the Kings have too much youth. You cant play 5 rookies and expect them to develop. You can only really have 2 or 3 rookies on the floor at once if you want them to develop quickly.

Furthermore Sacramento would be likely getting the Lakers or Brooklyn picks. Having potentially 2 more lottery picks in a class that is loaded with big men rather then paying WCS in a year makes a lot of sense for them.

Hill-Buddy-3-ZBo-WCS

That's 2 youth/rookies. Buddy went into the draft as a senior too, doesn't entirely count.

Oh, you're saying that Boston trades one of the Brooklyn/Lakers picks... lol that ain't happening

spyder_ur

Nothing says youth movement like signing 35 year old Zach Randolph and 31 year old George Hill to the same positions as you are drafting players.

Maybe they do value WCS more, but from the Celtics perspective, you can get that level of production pretty easily through exceptions. WCS would be ideal because they'd allow the Celts to flip a valuable wing for a lower salary at a position of need.

I'm not too worried about the big man spot, though. In case people hadn't noticed, bigs aren't getting contracts.

jdstorm

Banned

If Russell and Lin are healthy the Nets wont be a bottom 5 team. Right now is a great time to cash out on that asset.

Edit: also Zbo wont start. He's a bench guy/veteran leaderhip guy now.

Kings also won't get Otto Porter so their SF is either Temple, Richardson or Jackson. Crowder is a nice upgrade from those guys and brings another stable high character voice into a young locker room.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If Russell and Lin are healthy the Nets wont be a bottom 5 team. Right now is a great time to cash out on that asset.

Hahaha alrighty. This reminds me of kids trying to get the toy they prefer from a friend "cmon trade with me, this one is SO much cooler!"

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Nothing says youth movement like signing 35 year old Zach Randolph and 31 year old George Hill to the same positions as you are drafting players.

huh? It totally shows a youth movement. The team needs a few vets to go with the young players. We had no other PG besides maybe bring back Ty Lawson and hopefully Randolph will help develop our bigs.

Top Bottom