• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

spyder_ur

Oh I agree, still will be a fun team. I just think the hype was funny. I swear I read somewhere that yabu, brown, and zizic were all considered top 10 prospects by some execs. Silly.

I mean it's not coming out of thin air. This is from less than a month ago. You can feel free to disagree based on 3 games of summer league, but this is from just a few months ago via Chad Ford and Pelton.

We'll see. I'm more bullish on Zizic than Yabu.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I mean it's not coming out of thin air. This is from less than a month ago. You can feel free to disagree based on 3 games of summer league, but this is from just a few months ago via Chad Ford and Pelton.

We'll see. I'm more bullish on Zizic than Yabu.

I've seen the articles I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if Celts brass are floating this stuff. Obviously it's just 3 sl games, but I find it hard to believe anybody would take that guy with a top 10 pick.

Tom Penny

Gotta say he's been impressing me quite a bit. His build is ridiculous. Seems like another Crowder. Built like a tank, but still quick. Could have defensive versatility, and has a nice stroke. Not a bad grab where we got him.
He was top 5 in like every combine athletic thing.. He randomly is a really good spot shooter apparently.

Slizeezyc

bf4e6efe8fe79bf62cd97ffcb7dfae92.gif

Lol

Only real ballers know what he's talking about.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
When he doesn't give in to his Tatum tendencies and dribble the air out of the ball. Boy Genius Brad needs to break him of the habit.

The problem is I don't know that he has the athleticism to do anymore than exactly that. If his shooting improves at least he can be more efficient there.

spyder_ur

When he doesn't give in to his Tatum tendencies and dribble the air out of the ball. Boy Genius Brad needs to break him of the habit.

I think that'll be fine when he gets into Brad's offense and plays consistently with ball movers like Isaiah and Horford. Keep in mind these summer league rosters are mish-mashes of players that haven't played together very often.

His offensive polish and variety is off the charts. Drives, post-ups, mid ranges, 3s, finishing with either hand. It's really something. Once he learns to refine those skills and use them in different (non-iso) situations he'll be awesome. Seems like he has major rebounding potential too. Long-ass arms.

Slizeezyc

If Lonzo gets a triple double of 10-10-10 then he's officially JKidd 2. That is all the proof anyone should need. Summer League shows all.

Slizeezyc

Jason Kidd was a good defensive player... So he will never be Jason Kidd

Look man, nobody cares about defense. If he gets like two steals a game Lakers fans will think he's an awesome defender. He should just cheat like AI on that end and it will work itself out in terms of him getting legendary status with 10-10-10-2 stat lines.

jmizzal

More polished? Definitely but everybody knew that. Jaylen ceiling is Sky high in comparison though.

Not to me, Jaylen seems like he might max out as a great defender but be at best a 15-16 ppg guy.

Tatum at best could be a 25-26 ppg guy, I take that any day of the week, its hard to find great scorers

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Not to me, Jaylen seems like he might max out as a great defender but be at best a 15-16 ppg guy.

Tatum at best could be a 25-26 ppg guy, I take that any day of the week, its hard to find great scorers

Tatum defensive ceiling is mediocre, and his scoring style is high volume low efficiency.

If Jaylen tightens his handle and his jumper continues to improve he can be somebody who lives at the line and can score with efficiency, not to mention his tremendous defensive upside. I'll take 20ppg and upper tier defense over 25 points on high volume and mediocre defense

Tom Penny

Definitely possible. I don't think Jaylen was ever a top prospect like Tatum. I think he was top 3 out of high school.
Tatum defensive ceiling is mediocre, and his scoring style is high volume low efficiency.

If Jaylen tightens his handle and his jumper continues to improve he can be somebody who lives at the line and can score with efficiency, not to mention his tremendous defensive upside. I'll take 20ppg and upper tier defense over 25 points on high volume and mediocre defense
Tatum has played better D then Jaylen all summer league.

jmizzal

I'm sorry I dont see it with Brown, never did if he was in this draft he prob wouldnt even went lottery, dude has way too many IF's, while Tatum is a natural scorer and rebounder

Tatum is really long and to my eyes at least he looks taller than his listed 6'8"

He has a 7 foot wingspan which helps with him not being as athletic

Top Bottom