• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Line_HTX

Jonathan Feigen‏ @Jonathan_Feigen 38m38 minutes ago

Harden has two seasons worth $59 million left on the extension he signed last season.With DPVE, signed for 6 yrs, $228 million.

I guess that goes on top of the extension he already got. Holy fucking shit though...

Sandfox

Ingram was only planning to play three games either way.

I fully expect Lonzo to have the ball in his hand constantly in a garbage team unless he proves to be so raw that he can't have that play time. I still think he ends up with 6-7 assists per game in that scenario which is again the best case scenario for his first year in the league.

That is not how the Lakers should be using him. He is much better served spending a lot of time off ball like at UCLA. I don't think the Lakers understand that though with some of the stuff they've been saying.

DEPfnOQXkAAUhm3.jpg:large
Lavar won.

jdstorm

Banned
We got the recruitment squad though. After the bulls buy out wade we can sign him to a vet min. and possibly enter 2018 as the favorites for the LeBron sweepstakes

With what money? Harden is about to be making 40M+ a year CP3 and Melo aren't cheap. Then there are all the role players. Houston is going to be maxed out salary wise.

beat

It begins. New advanced NBA stats. Waiting for makes passing contagious stat.

Secondary/hockey assists have been a thing for a few years now. The NBA stat tracker even tracks it: http://stats.nba.com/players/passing/#!?sort=SECONDARY_AST&dir=1

Horrid based on what? Otto Porter is about to make 25mill a year. Reddick is making 23mill next year. Hardaway contract would be a huge over pay in 2015. In today's market he isn't overpaid

He's still overpaid. The salary cap exploded last year but after that might be slowing down. Based on his stats and projecting forward from there, even under the current market, he is going to be way overpaid.

Tom Penny

Secondary/hockey assists have been a thing for a few years now. The NBA stat tracker even tracks it: http://stats.nba.com/players/passing/#!?sort=SECONDARY_AST&dir=1

He's still overpaid. The salary cap exploded last year but after that might be slowing down. Based on his stats and projecting forward from there, even under the current market, he is going to be way overpaid.

Always wanted to see points created off assists. I wonder if they consider passes that lead to FT's attacking the rim on cuts and what not part of that?

That's why Fultz was ��all along
Danny ain't paying him

No one will pay him

I don't care if they pay him max at this point IF the year his contract ends 2 max contracts are off the books between him, Hayward and AL. Then you can start over.

TTG

Just get Melo already Morey, you can agree to pay Harden all of your money later. With Cavs and the Spurs treading water in this off season Houston is the new hotness.

jbug617

Banned
Clippers were after Bradley. They were offering Lou Williams. Celtics went with Morris because he is bigger.

@MarcJSpearsESPN: Clippers were close but no cigar in the Avery Bradley trade talks before he was dealt to the Pistons. Bradley & Pat Beverly defensively 🤔.

Paying James Harden $45M seven years from now seems unwise.
He has an old man game already, im sure he will age well and still be a star then

https://mobile.twitter.com/TreyRodriguezNY/status/883741203933655040
Trey Rodriguez said:
As first reported by @JSports_ent, all signs are currently pointing at Carmelo Anthony becoming a Rocket soon, source tells @HoopsInq.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/883788991509794819
Woj said:
ESPN story co-reported with @WindhorstESPN: James Harden locked into $228M deal, Rockets in hot pursuit of "Melo

https://mobile.twitter.com/ianbegley/status/883737229880963073
Ian Begley said:
NYK still wants to deal Melo. They don't imagine a scenario where Hardaway Jr. is sharing the floor w/Melo to start the season, per @wojespn

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeWiseguy/status/883790301210476544
Mike Wise said:
Holy monster deal. Rockets nearing Melo deal. Daryl Morey just trumped Sam Presti for the role of America's Most Daring GM.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Feel like Ryno has to be a lock to be moved because Harden - Melo - Ryno as your 2 / 3 / 4 sounds like a fucking trainwreck.

I think Morey is the best but honestly dont get why he wants Melo. Ariza just seems like a better fit all around for that team as it is now.

mjp2417

Banned
Feel like Ryno has to be a lock to be moved because Harden - Melo - Ryno as your 2 / 3 / 4 sounds like a fucking trainwreck.

I think Morey is the best but honestly dont get why he wants Melo. Ariza just seems like a better fit all around for that team as it is now.

Ariza would still be the 3. Melo would be the 4 and replace Anderson. That's an immediate upgrade before you even get into the implications for recruiting LeBron next summer.

Cheebo

Banned
Damn that sucks for them, Avery Bradley could've probably solidified them a playoff spot.
Do you forget what conference AB plays in? ;) He is making the playoffs.

Pistons were barely out of the playoffs last year and Bradley is a clear upgrade over KCP. Not to mention AB will be balling out as it is a contract year. With how bad the East has got, Pistons are in now barring some major injuries.

I would say for the east we have these tiers:

First tier:
Cleveland
Boston

Second tier:
Toronto
Washington
Milwaukee

Third tier:
Miami
Detroit
Charlotte
Philly (if Embiid stays healthy all season)

Trash tier:
Indiana
Atlanta
New York
Brooklyn
Chicago
Orlando

Ryno is the name that has come up in the discussion. JSports was saying it's a 3 team deal that seems to involve ryno to Portland,

Brandson

Caboclo not playing for Toronto? Does that mean he will be in the main squad for the regular season?

Its about time they let the kid play...

He's been around so long now he is actually ineligible to play under summer league rules. I feel like teams should be able to apply for an exemption to the max 3 summer league season rule. Bruno is still pretty raw even after all this time. Drafting a player who doesn't know how to play basketball and spending a roster spot on him for years is a waste. At this rate he'll be a UFA before he is a usable NBA player. Masai needs to be willing to look at his project players more objectively and not be afraid to move on.

beat

Morey is a genius with the cap and with flipping assets. And he's very good at the analytics of basketball, maybe esp in isolating a player's value out from what their teammates are doing. But I think he values stars a bit too much over team fit. Not just with this Melo pursuit but also in landing Dwight. Or take how doctrine Moreyball heavily prioritizes 3s and layups -- but (at least a few years ago) his roster wasn't that great at threes.

Jarate

Banned
Do you forget what conference AB plays in? ;) He is making the playoffs.

Pistons were barely out of the playoffs last year and Bradley is a clear upgrade over KCP. Not to mention AB will be balling out as it is a contract year. With how bad the East has got, Pistons are in now barring some major injuries.

First tier:
Cleveland
Boston

Second tier:
Toronto
Washington
Milwaukee

Third tier:
Miami
Detroit
Charlotte

Trash tier:
Indiana
Atlanta
New York
Brooklyn
Chicago
Orlando

Philly would be in the Second tier if Embiid is healthy all season. He took a garbo ass team to .500 ball and that team has only added Redick, Ben Simmons, and Markelle Fultz. I don't think people realize how good Embiid was when he was on the court. Our defense was one of the worst in the league with him off the court, and literally ine of the best with him on the court.

mjp2417

Banned

First tier:
Cleveland
Boston

Second tier:
Toronto
Washington
Milwaukee

Third tier:
Miami
Detroit
Charlotte

Trash tier:
Indiana
Atlanta
New York
Brooklyn
Chicago
Orlando

I know the narrative of the offseason has been lol East and there has been a very real talent drain overall, but if the Bucks stay healthy and continue to develop and if the Sixers stay relatively healthy and the Celtics close the gap somewhat with Cleveland then that looks like a more interesting and watchable playoff field than the last few years tbh. The talent moving west has all been from treadmill teams (Pacers, Bulls, Hawks) that no one is going to miss being in the playoffs and if that means there is more room for the likes of Philly then that strikes me as a net positive.

Messi

I can't wait to watch the Rockets next season. This could be amazing or a massive trainwreck but I need to see it. I also want to see Morey chase Lebron next season. Is that the endgame?

I know the narrative of the offseason has been lol East and there has been a very real talent drain overall, but if the Bucks stay healthy and continue to develop and if the Sixers stay relatively healthy and the Celtics close the gap somewhat with Cleveland then that looks like a more interesting and watchable playoff field than the last few years tbh. The talent moving west has all been from treadmill teams (Pacers, Bulls, Hawks) that no one is going to miss being in the playoffs and if that means there is more room for the likes of Philly then that strikes me as a net positive.

If Philly couldn't have made the playoffs because a PG Pacers, Butler Bulls, and Millsap Hawks were blocking their way, they probably aren't much of a threat anyway.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So glad we didn't take Dunn. Hated the idea last year of him at 3. Too old for a room and too wild with his play. Guys who are so out of control like that all remind me too much of keyon dooling.

Top Bottom