• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

bionic77

I was happy with Lonzo's defense. He has a long way to go but he was trying. Same with his rebounds. I did not expect him to be getting this many rebounds. I am sure that will go down a bit once he plays real games, but a guard who can get the board and start an instant fast break is always a nice plus for a team because it gets you a lot of easy buckets.

I am not worried about his shooting. That will come.

As long as he stays healthy and has the desire to be the best I see good things for the him going forward. All Star year 3 is the hope.

I see ESPN has got their Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow of the NBA with Lonzo. The highlights of the game are entirely Ball, with a brief and somber ending narrative of "The Lakers went on to lose the game."

I see ESPN has got their Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow of the NBA with Lonzo. The highlights of the game are entirely Ball, with a brief and somber ending narrative of "The Lakers went on to lose the game."

It's a summer league game. The only reason it was on TV was because of Lonzo. Nobody gives a shit about the outcome.

I don't think he'll have a better year than Fultz, Ball, Tatum or Fox. This years draft seemed to be deeper than last years.
Honestly, dsj is my guess for ROY. He's going to profit so much from Rick carlisle, Barnes at the 4, one of dirk to space or noel to rim run at the 5, those multi-guard lineups of Carlisle that space the floor so effectively. Mavs won't be a dumpster but he WILL have the keys to the offense.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Hopefully Carroll stays raptors Carroll and not hawks Carrol. He could add a few wins if he's that player from 3-4 years ago.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It was a high ankle sprain, nothing broken probably done for the Summer League considering how cautious Philly has been with injuries in the past.

But is it enough for 30-40 wins someone's ass cheek is on the line.

High ankle sprain isn't being cautious that's a significant injury. Hell be fine come regular season, but that's a 6-8 week type injury. Sometimes surgery necessary in rare cases.

Also I think the cheek is safe. If I remember right he said he'd do it with the nets roster in it's current state.

High ankle sprain isn't being cautious that's a significant injury. Hell be fine come regular season, but that's a 6-8 week type injury. Sometimes surgery necessary in rare cases.

Also I think the cheek is safe. If I remember right he said he'd do it with the nets roster in it's current state.
Oh yeah a high ankle sprain isn't something to fuck around with, you need to be a 100% before even trying to test it out again you're just going to make it worse. Some reports are just saying left ankle sprain so maybe a high ankle is just initial diagnosis. Hope it's less serious sprain than that.

Fuck SL. I wanna know if he will be 100% for regular season...
He'll be back by training camp for sure even if it's a high ankle sprain. There's plenty of time to heal, it's not an injury that lingers once you fully recover.

EDIT: Now they are saying 1-2 weeks which is pretty optimistic for a high ankle sprain

Cheebo

Banned
I was happy with Lonzo's defense. He has a long way to go but he was trying. Same with his rebounds. I did not expect him to be getting this many rebounds. I am sure that will go down a bit once he plays real games, but a guard who can get the board and start an instant fast break is always a nice plus for a team because it gets you a lot of easy buckets.

As long as he stays healthy and has the desire to be the best I see good things for the him going forward. All Star year 3 is the hope.
Thanks Magic.

I think his rebounding should be fine with Brook being our lead center lol that said Julius would probably be our main board producer

FZZ

Banned
What are some takeaways from Lonzo's play yesterday?

wasn't able to watch the game

saw that he's still having trouble shooting from deep?

His shot is still off but he wasn't forcing the issue this time, his man to man defense still needs a lot of work but his effort in disrupting the passing lanes was very nice to see. Every time he grabbed a rebound his initiation of the fast break was high powered and he looked like the Lonzo from UCLA. Overall some very smart play and he looked very under control compared to his debut.

shira

All in on Lowry
dac15_face.gif

FZZ

Banned
His shot is still off but he wasn't forcing the issue this time, his man to man defense still needs a lot of work but his effort in disrupting the passing lanes was very nice to see. Every time he grabbed a rebound his initiation of the fast break was high powered and he looked like the Lonzo from UCLA. Overall some very smart play and he looked very under control compared to his debut.

Hopefully the team just starts meshing better together, which from the sound of it is exactly what is happening

Kings will be a tough opponent Monday

The guy's a bust, it's time for you to move on with your life.

Greatest Summer League Bust of all time!

Ainge did it again!

Is Corey Joseph good at basketball?
One of the best back-up point guards in the league. He's good.

All in on Lowry
dac15_face.gif
The raptors are bringing the core back, but also preparing for the future. Lowry and Ibaka expire in 3 years. DeRozan has 4 more years,3 years if he doesnt opt in to his player option.

At the same time, the Raptors have a lot of depth that's based off of alot of young players, like Powell, Delon Wright, Vanfleet, Poetl, Siakam, etc. But those players can't take over yet.

As of right now, the raptors are right around/behind the Wizards/Celtics. If LeBron leaves the East, they contend to make the finals. If the Cavs get upsetted, they're a contender for the finals. As it stands, this is the most successful era of Toronto basketball.

The Sixers, Bucks, and younger Celtics will be on the upswing dominating in 3 years, which means if Toronto wants to tank they can tank and not have to compete with teams with 1 million different picks/assets.

This isnt really just being all-in in Lowry, this is also the raptors trying to preserve their core, give good young players more playing time, and also slightly downgrade a position of abundance so that they can upgrade a major position of need

Slizeezyc

Sadly, Markelle Fultz didn't Trust the Process, so it's not even a high ankle sprain and it's more just a 1-2 week normal ankle sprain.

He'll learn.

Sadly, Markelle Fultz didn't Trust the Process, so it's not even a high ankle sprain and it's more just a 1-2 week normal ankle sprain.

He'll learn.

Have you not paid attention to the Sixers for the past few years? It starts as a normal ankle sprain and within two weeks it turns into an injury that will keep him out for at least the whole season.

Slizeezyc

Have you not paid attention to the Sixers for the past few years? It starts as a normal ankle sprain and within two weeks it turns into an injury that will keep him out for at least the whole season.

If the escalation doesn't end in amputation then I think Sixers fans will be able to handle it at this point though.

jmizzal

The one 3 pointer he made was a good look, the other 3's he took wasnt good looks or open shots so I cant really judge his shooting based on that.

But he played well

Top Bottom