• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

But they were willing to commit all that money to THJ before signing a GM?

Getting rid of Melo is either a situation you want Griffin himself to handle, or one you want him to not so that no blame gets put on him and so that a GM who was hired to build up a Cavs roster from scratch gets such an opportunity

Isak_Borg

Getting rid of Melo is either a situation you want Griffin himself to handle, or one you want him to not so that no blame gets put on him and so that a GM who was hired to build up a Cavs roster from scratch gets such an opportunity

I would let Mills handle the 'Melo trade.

If Griffin does come in he needs a clean slate and not deal with the mess that is LOLKNICKS.

David Griffin pulled his name out of the Knicks job. They couldn't come to an agreement on what his role would be.

Knicks lack a PBO. Main competition for Melo that might drive up the price lack picks and a GM. Rockets GM is Morey.

Man I love this advantage. Cavs and Knicks fucking up might directly benefit us.

James Dolan refuses to get rid of his cronies. The man is loyal to his peeps.
Windhorst talked about how assistant GMs in the Cavs refused offers to get paid more by other teams out of loyalty to Griffin. If Griffin could have wiped the slate mostly clean (minus their international talent/prospect evaluator who played a huge part in the better draft picks by the Knicks recently) and with his experience with dealing with knucklehead owners, he could have seriously helped the Knicks

jbug617

Banned
Knicks really stupid.

Sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that Griffin and the Knicks were at odds over Griffin not having full authority on basketball decisions and Griffin preferring to bring in his own staff.

ssan1vn.jpg

upgrade.w536.h357.2x.jpg

hi-res-ace9be35c3bd4a1ff5cbc41519df4444_crop_north.jpg

QCfjOu6.png

CFBBnj8VEAA3DtB.jpg%2Blarge.jpg

spyder_ur

They can do this before signing Hayward?

It's just an agreement and it's for the mid-level exception so it doesn't matter.

No it's for the room exception I believe. Celts had to go under the cap to sign Hayward and you lose the larger MLE when you do so. I don't think the order of signings matters in this case.

I think they're at 14 roster spots, but they could always waive Zizic and/or Jackson to clear another.

No it's for the room exception I believe. Celts had to go under the cap to sign Hayward and you lose the larger MLE when you do so. I don't think the order of signings matters in this case.

I think they're at 14 roster spots, but they could always waive Zizic and/or Jackson to clear another.

Lol, waive Zizic.

I would be lying if I said I watched a lot of CJ Miles. Apparently, he was a realistic target for the Raptors to acquire this off-season. Not sure about fit or anything.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You cannot leave jaylen wide open like that :). Seriously though he's so confident in his ability to shoot. 2 quick 3s to start.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
At least zizic is making his presence felt on the glass, drawing a few fouls early. That FT form though yikes. He needs to work on his timing big time there.

Edit- and holy fuck zizic.......... What in the fuck was that.

Sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that Griffin and the Knicks were at odds over Griffin not having full authority on basketball decisions and Griffin preferring to bring in his own staff.

And we're back to Dolan making personnel moves.

And I wanna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie

TTG

Marv Albert back in 97 said:
Albert had originally pleaded not guilty after being accused by a longtime lover of throwing her on a bed, repeatedly biting her on the back and forcing her to perform oral sex in an Arlington hotel room Feb. 12. The woman said Albert became enraged because she failed to procure another man and bring him to bed with them.

Albert finally agreed to the plea bargain after a second woman--a surprise witness--testified that three years ago Albert met her in a motel room wearing white panties and a garter belt. He lunged at her and then bit her, she said. The woman testified that she escaped his clutches after ripping his toupee off his head.

Albert faces up to a year in jail and a fine of $2,500. Sentencing is set for Oct. 24.

Sportscaster Marv Albert's sexual assault trial, which was replete with kinky details of lurid assignations in hotel rooms, came to an abrupt end Thursday when the flamboyant announcer pleaded guilty to assault and battery and was promptly fired by NBC.

In exchange for a guilty plea on the misdemeanor assault charge, prosecutors in Arlington, Va., dropped a more serious forcible sodomy charge.

Learn something new on reddit every day.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Goddamn jaylen gets up so high, powered through 2 guys there as well.

Edit- lol that Marv Albert story is well known. Can't take him seriously knowing all of that.

Top Bottom