• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Contract year + defensive ability makes this a great get playing alongside Lonzo. No risk at all, and a possible trade chip at the deadline for a contender looking for an expiring asset.

I guess this means Rondo rumors are over now though.

if they can get Rondo for cheap, this would be a pretty decent offseason.

Slizeezyc

KCP is a better shooter than the overall numbers indicate, his issue is shot selection and not just accepting he's 3 and D. His spot-up numbers, especially from the corners are good. This should also help Lonzo out as now he won't be blatantly exposed every night on defense since KCP can take the toughest guard assignment.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Shiiiiit I don't mind Rondo jumping on now. Especially if we get Sac-town Rondo.

I'm even willing to get rid of Clarkson's tunnel vision havin' no defense playin' ass to get it done.

Shiiiiit I don't mind Rondo jumping on now. Especially if we get Sac-town Rondo.

I'm even willing to get rid of Clarkson's tunnel vision havin' no defense playin' ass to get it done.

I imagine Clarkson will be shopped hard during the season if the goal is to try and make room for 2 star players.

Trust the process

Tell the truth, Bread. For once in your life

0*Apr71S5-VkvFyR6H.

tumblr_ntyrowGQk11s3y9slo2_500.gif

Fucking why'd the Warriors get my bro Jordan Bell…

Tonight's stat line:

5 points (2-2 FG, 1-1 FT)
10 Rebounds (2 OREB)
5 Assists
5 Steals
5 Blocks
+29

Dropping a summer league 5x5.
Ha. I don't follow college ball, so when GSW bought into the draft and picked Bell, I searched for impressions on GAF. Almost all of them were from you, even before the pick. You were definitely hyping him up. Good call. But it's SL. Hope it translates to real games.

Cheebo

Banned
Pistons beat writer reported this morning that Pistons offered KCP a 4 year 80 million dollar deal initially, 20 mil for 4 years. Rich Paul said no. Pistons later followed up later after the season ended with 5 years 80 mil, 16 mil a year..

Loooooool. Pistons counter was LESS than their initial offer.

He has opportunity to bet on himself ... but told today last October offered 4 years, $80M
https://twitter.com/Vincent_Ellis56/status/885007243225292800

I heard right. Four years, $80M.
https://twitter.com/Vincent_Ellis56/status/885023974224211969

Rich Paul and Klutch fucked up bad.

Cheebo

Banned
4 for $80? Did KCP think he was Olidipo?
Rich Paul gambled on this summer being spend crazy like the 2016 summer. And it backfired. Next summer looks to be even tighter.

The only team who didn't get the memo on avoiding 2016 style contracts is the Knicks

VeeP

His offensive numbers look kinda pitiful, he screams mediocre, but maybe he can shoot better playing for a contract and give Lonzo a weapon.

His numbers went down after his shoulder injury. I think after this summer his numbers should go up. And in clutch time he usually does pretty well. Besides that, he's a solid defender. If he stays he can cover tougher guard assignments since Lonzo seems like a average defender on that end.

Bread

Banned
If you think about it, Kent Caldwell Pope actually won out in this scenario. Think about it

Scenario A: 4 years, 80 million in Detroit, Michigan Pistons. In this scenario he will make more money but play for a team that has never won a championship for all we know. This team has no history and no future.

Scenario 2: 1 year, 18 million in Losangeles Lakers, California. In this scenario he is being paid $18 million dollars, while teachers and police cops in the area only make $500,000 to $1 million per year. He will be seen as a god in those circles, and may even be nominated for President.

Clearly the rest of you haven't thought about it.

Bread

Banned
Could Melo really play for 4 teams at the same time? Wouldn't be unheard of, I think the Celtics should get in on this.

Top Bottom