• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

There will be an abundance of muscle "strains" and "pulls" in the league...

Lebron can literally sit out almost all season until the play-offs this season..

Here's the thing though. Even if a coach would do that if he was planning to rest a player anyways, this affects whether he would even plan to rest that player in the first place.

beat

He was a shitty free throw shooter, and teams should be well within their rights to strategize around that. Should we make it illegal for teams to ignore Andre Roberson and Rajon rondo on the perimeter?

The NBA used to!

It's smart in the sense that they are manipulating the refs to take advantage of a shitty rule but everyone does this. The one the pisses me off more is the act of shooting bs when you get fouled. There was one in the playoffs where Curry is just taking a step forward a flings the ball from his hip at half court. Not even Curry is taking a shot that far way from the basket let alone it doesn't resemble any type of shooting motion, yet he still got three FT for that crap.

Curry did start exploiting the refs in the playoffs, yes. But generally, and even for most of the 2016-17 regular season, he wasn't. I think Eric Apricot was saying how of 3 pt shooters, he got a lot more 4 point plays than most players - that the shot itself went in - because he was making honest attempts while getting fouled, rather than doing a James Harden Special.

And as for half court shots, he's probably the best in the league. He throws those up all the time, even when he's totally unguarded at the end of a quarter and there's no chance to hunt for a foul.

IDK about yall but this John Collins kid was a steal at #19. He's been dunking on everybody and has been knocking down shots at a very good percentage.

Hawks tank gonna be fun to watch this year

jdstorm

Banned
Hack a Shaq is going to go way up when people realise that its more efficient to Hack guys like Steph Curry then it is to let them shoot 3s at high volume.

DEkvdcMXgAAkuQa.jpg

Wanda having a good time laughing.

Slizeezyc

IDK about yall but this John Collins kid was a steal at #19. He's been dunking on everybody and has been knocking down shots at a very good percentage.

Hawks tank gonna be fun to watch this year

If he can guard a soul he'll be a good pick. Knock on him at Wake is he was straight up dreadful on defense. He's going to need to be able to switch or do something helpful on that end as a 4-man.

Mory Dunz

hm, I'm not sure Lonzo is avg speed.

He seems rather slow.

Like if I think of the starting NBA PGs I'm not sure how many I'd name that are slower than him....

FZZ

Banned
hm, I'm not sure Lonzo is avg speed.

He seems rather slow.

Like if I think of the starting NBA PGs I'm not sure how many I'd name that are slower than him....

No he's fast straight

He's slow laterally, he NEEDS to improve footwork it'd do so much for his defense. Rn he just relies on awareness and IQ and that's not working against Philly rn

Slizeezyc

No he's fast straight

He's slow laterally, he NEEDS to improve footwork it'd do so much for his defense. Rn he just relies on awareness and IQ and that's not working against Philly rn

Yeah his straight line speed is like his athleticism for dunks. When he gets going in a straight line he's fast, and it's also why he's good at oops rather than just "regular" athletic plays. The burst isn't there, but with a head of steam he's good to go.

Lonzo don't even wear his own shoe?

Dad isn't at the game, so he's rebelling while he can.

Mory Dunz

oh, I stopped watching

No he's fast straight

fast straight compared to who though?

I know I'm probably missing a lot of people, but I'm struggling to think of a starting PG slower than him.

Maybe Simmons if that counts? How fast is Dragic?
Rondo if he is a starter somewhere?

RedAssedApe

Banned
maybe bbb only made him that one pair of shoe and that got worn out already. his rookie contract check needs to cash first so they can actually start making more lol

Slizeezyc

oh, I stopped watching

fast straight compared to who though?

I know I'm probably missing a lot of people, but I'm struggling to think of a starting PG slower than him.

Maybe Simmons if that counts? How fast is Dragic?
Rondo if he is a starter somewhere?

I'm probably putting my money on Simmons if it's a 40-yard dash or something, dude was pretty insanely fast coast to coast in college.

Bron's at the game so he's rocking Nike's

Man, love this theory. LOVE IT.

If he can guard a soul he'll be a good pick. Knock on him at Wake is he was straight up dreadful on defense. He's going to need to be able to switch or do something helpful on that end as a 4-man.

The story they had for him was they had him on the James Harden treatment. Focus energy on offense and don't foul out lol. But his defense definitely needs work. If the Hawks can get Korver and THJ at least somewhat respectable on D, they should be able to get this kid serviceable as well.

Slizeezyc

The story they had for him was they had him on the James Harden treatment. Focus energy on offense and don't foul out lol. But his defense definitely needs work. If the Hawks can get Korver and THJ at least somewhat respectable on D, they should be able to get this kid serviceable as well.

In college, we call that the Jahlil Okafor treatment.

It's only the James Harden treatment in the NBA.

Top Bottom