• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

"Woke up this morning to a "slow down" text... this 76ers/Celtics thing not as close as it may have seemed yesterday, teams still talking" -@SteveKylerNBA

🙏

Kwhit10

It doesn't. Its all controlled leaks.

Also competitive games performance isn't what scouts are looking for. They are all looking for skills and upside.

So many players that did well in college will barely be drafted.

Yea it was kind of my point, why are all the rumors based on workout results and it's gospel. Of course the competitive games aren't what their looking for, I mean playing against same level competitors where the showcase their skills in game like situations. Like why does it matter Yi jianlian destroyed a chair in a workout.

Ingram is interesting but I'd rather have the Sixers haul of picks instead of Dlo.

As much as I like to mock him for the occasional boneheaded play and lackadaisical defense, Dlo is going to be an awesome player in the NBA. That stroke is too good.

In ordem or preference of outcomes that could happen:

1- #3 and Butler
2- #2 and Dlo/Ingram
3- #3 and future picks

Then again, I'd probably just take Fultz.

Tall4Life

As much as I like to mock him for the occasional boneheaded play and lackadaisical defense, Dlo is going to be an awesome player in the NBA. That stroke is too good.

In ordem or preference of outcomes that could happen:

1- #3 and Butler
2- #2 and Dlo/Ingram
3- #3 and future picks

Then again, I'd probably just take Fultz.

If we trade down so the Sixers can get Jackson #1 and then we get Fultz at 3 and then trade the picks they give us for Butler that'll be my top scenario

FZZ

Banned
Ainge probably saw the 30 for 30 and finally realized how awful his franchise is and now is trying to burn it all down

that's the only explanation for this whack ass trade

If we trade down so the Sixers can get Jackson #1 and then we get Fultz at 3 and then trade the picks they give us for Butler that'll be my top scenario

What if Danny trades down to #3, Philly takes Ball, Magic drafts Jackson and then Danny trades Fultz to the Lakers for their pick and Dlo?

Checkmate NBA.

jbug617

Banned
Keith Pompey said if a trade is going to happen it will be on draft night. Magic is the X-Factor because he can mess a trade up by taking Jackson at 2. Celtics would draft Fultz at #1 either way.

"Discussions have centered on Sixers sending 2017 No. 3, 2018 Lakers pick, and possibly 2021 1st -- including complicated protections." - @WojYahooNBA

Say what you will about the trade, Ainge has some balls to trade a #1 pick to a divisional rival.

FZZ

Banned
2018 Lakers pick will be useless since Lonzo gonna lead us to a 40+ win season!

Just realized Ainge might be trading away Fultz because he wants to land Luka Doncic

Return of white Celtics dynasty??????

FZZ

Banned
Looking at more Fultz film

he's like a Harden Wade hybrid and has all the tools to be an elite player

hope the best for him, and I hope he doesn't go to Philly. Feel like he is going to get a career ending injury with them

dude deserves better, Celtics should keep the pick

this is insane

Tall4Life

hope the best for him, and I hope he doesn't go to Philly. Feel like he is going to get a career ending injury with them

this is insane

Our best player currently is a 5'9 PG who's very close to 30, and yet they possibly dont want to get the best PG with the least risk in this draft to replace him.

this is insane

I don't like this trade as well and it feels like Danny is just hoarding assets again. He can't help himself.

You can sell me on the idea of trading the pick for multiple future picks but I just don't think the potential return that we've seen is good enough.

I'm trying my best to see it in a positive light because Danny has earned the benefit of the doubt for sure, but this just feels like overthinking stuff. He should just take Fultz unless there is some huge red flag there that we are not aware of right now.

Slizeezyc

Didn't realize Jackson is a year older than most of the top 10 players.

Yeah that one year is actually a big deal to me, and it's one of a couple reasons I'm lower on Jackson than many I think. That age isn't nothing, one year is a lot of time when it comes to projecting stats etc. for these guys, especially because you can't treat him like a normal freshman with projections. Pelton's system sort of destroyed him as well, which is a red flag for me since it coincides with some of the more normal scouting "takes" I have him on him.

I like Ball for sure before Jackson and in terms of ceiling I believe in Isaac and DSJ before him as well. I'd probably have Jackson at 5 or 6 on my big board since Tatum has some similar statistical red flags but I believe in his jumper more and general floor.

On the Fultz front, I would point out he easily had the worst supporting cast of any player in this lottery. Like DSJ's supporting cast was a dumpster fire, and yet Fultz's talent around him was still much worse, which is amazing to me. I was looking again at the numbers this morning and the OBPM for Fultz's teammates was like 12 below Ball's cast and even something like 4 below DSJ's. That's just madness.

DCirlHeWAAE_vXb.jpg

"Trust The Process https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/876138789378433024/photo/1" - @JoelEmbiid

Kill me.

Top Bottom