• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Cornbread78

Fuck off Danny.

If you do this shit without bringing in proven NBA all-star talent to boost the team you're a fucking moron and should go for a long walk off a short pier in Nantucket, you fucking asset clown.

Fultz has been skipping leg day. Maybe Dr. Danny knows more than we do...

Thats seems to be the case... the trade isnt good for Boston unless they dont really want Fultz and feel like they cn get their guy (Jackson) at #3.

It looks worse than it is because we are all assuming Fultz is gonna shine in the league.

Personally, I look at him and I see Dlo... not much else.

Cornbread78

No, it's still pretty bad if he's just trying to stockpile more assets. Danny has a hard on for assets. So many assets that not a single one of them has become a star as of yet. He will keep trying for that SA/GS luck, but it's not gonna happen.

Tall4Life

If he was good at drafting near the middle of the first round/bottom of the top 10 like the Warriors were then this would be a great move. But no.

spyder_ur

If he was good at drafting near the middle of the first round/bottom of the top 10 like the Warriors were then this would be a great move. But no.

I don't think anyone is really good at drafting in that range. The Warriors hit 2 players huge in that area, but sandwiched in there were plenty of Ike Diogu, Patrick O'Bryant, Ekpe Udoh and Anthony Randolphs in that exact range. Ainge's record in that area (given he's only made one lottery pick outside the top 3) stands up pretty well.

I'm more in favor of staying put and taking Fultz, and I don't think the Celts make this deal to acquire more future picks - it just doesn't make sense for them. If it happens I expect Danny to have deals in place for established veterans.

DCirlHeWAAE_vXb.jpg

"Trust The Process https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/876138789378433024/photo/1" - @JoelEmbiid

Kill me.

I want this to happen but I still say its not going to.

t26

If we believe Ainge is in love with Josh Jackson, why can't the Lakers just take Jackson with #2 pick and force Ainge to trade Fultz?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Man... Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid on the same squad in their prime is scary to think about. Just sign some 3 and D vets at the 2/3 spots and that team is an instant contender.

if they are healthy...

Tom Penny

Wouldn't really surprise me if Ainge drafts Tatum and sees Pierce in him. If JJ can't become a 15+ scorer they wasted the pick on an energy guy. Worst shit ever.

Slizeezyc

The point is that trade looked terrible when it happened too. If the picks they got from trading down turned into top 3 picks then Danny looks like a genius again.

The fear was more that the trio they traded weren't already that washed up and not known commodities anymore, plus not being able to draw anyone later after they all sort of imploded at once. This isn't really the same concept at all. It's perhaps the same concept in that Fultz could suck so it's a play on expectations in that regard, but otherwise, these would be different things as everyone you draft can end up sucking.

Tall4Life

More I read Josh Jackson's measurables the more I don't want him. He may be an elite athlete but does not have elite size.

All of these guys have some part of them that's worrying and that will make you say now "No way can he be an all star". It's a crap shoot unless you have someone like LeBron available.

All you people criticizing Ainge don't realize how much he's fleecing the Sixers here. I think it's Fultz's attitude that turns Ainge off of him. Probably worried he won't fit in with what the Celtics want to do.

Tom Penny

All of these guys have some part of them that's worrying and that will make you say now "No way can he be an all star". It's a crap shoot unless you have someone like LeBron available.
I want a transferable skill other than Marcus Smart intangibles. At least if had some type of physical advantage it would be an easier pill to swallow.

Tall4Life

All you people criticizing Ainge don't realize how much he's fleecing the Sixers here. I think it's Fultz's attitude that turns Ainge off of him. Probably worried he won't fit in with what the Celtics want to do.

Hindsight will tell us what was/should have been the correct decision for sure. I have faith that he hasn't lost it but I wonder what he has planned if he doesn't want Fultz.

Sandfox

Talent trumps all imo. Also, Jackson has had off the court issues so I don't think that argument works lol.

Talent trumps all imo. Also, Jackson has had off the court issues so I don't think that argument works lol.

It's all about scheme. You have a guard like Fultz who's a gunner and he might not fit well with the Celts scheme. Plus inheriting either the Sixers 1st next year or the one the Sixers have from the Lakers which is unprotected is too good of a deal to refuse to compliment Jackson. Y'all don't see the bigger picture I tell you... Ainge has made the Celts a contender and you guys crucifying him here...

Sandfox

It's all about scheme. You have a guard like Fultz who's a gunner and he might not fit well with the Celts scheme. Plus inheriting either the Sixers 1st next year or the one the Sixers have from the Lakers which is unprotected is too good of a deal to refuse to compliment Jackson. Y'all don't see the bigger picture I tell you... Ainge has made the Celts a contender and you guys crucifying him here...
People sleep on Fultz passing due to some sort of narrative about him just being a scorer. If anything the thing the Celtics are missing is a top player and Fultz is probably their best shot at that.

We didn't watch the same playoffs if you think the Celtics are contenders.

People sleep on Fultz passing due to some sort of narrative about him just being a scorer. If anything the thing the Celtics are missing is a top player and Fultz is probably their best shot at that.

We didn't watch the same playoffs if you think the Celtics are contenders.

It was their first playoff run in awhile. They're a young team and will learn and improve from that.

Slizeezyc

What do you mean "you guys"? What are you trying to say?

Lauri is the light in the darkness if you've been here, so watch yourself.

FZZ

Banned
Man hearing SAS say JJ can become a Kobe Bryant makes me realize how little these talking heads know about college ball

Sandfox

It was their first playoff run in awhile. They're a young team and will learn and improve from that.

The Celtics core is older than the Warriors core and that doesn't really fix the star issue unless you think Brown is that guy and even then his timeline doesn't match up well with your best players. To contend theses days you need someone on the level of Curry and LeBron.

Man hearing SAS say JJ can become a Kobe Bryant makes me realize how little these talking heads know about college ball
They don't know anything about basketball in general.

Top Bottom