• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

jmizzal

7asEw68Y

Do it Pat throw in a few picks

How the heck is it only 1 more win for the Heat lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not even IT thinks he's as good as Kyrie.

But... hes better?

Kyrie's superstar status far outpaces his actual game honestly. He's a Dragic / Bledsoe tier that's looked great because hes playing next to Lebron. They'd be a 30 win team without Lebron (and I think I'm being kind here).

Also that being said I hope Orlando gets him

Kyrie is a better basketball player than IT when you consider everything. However, he isn't worth IT + Crowder + a top 10 pick. Like the difference between IT and Kyrie isn't big enough that you do that deal.

Kyrie is a better basketball player than IT when you consider everything. However, he isn't worth IT + Crowder + a top 10 pick. Like the difference between IT and Kyrie isn't big enough that you do that deal.

I agree with this. I also think that's what it would take for the C's to get him though.

LionPride

Banned
But... hes better?

Kyrie's superstar status far outpaces his actual game honestly. He's a Dragic / Bledsoe tier that's looked great because hes playing next to Lebron. They'd be a 30 win team without Lebron (and I think I'm being kind here).

Kyrie Irving is a better player than IT

Not like the gap between Kris Dunn and Steoh but Kyrie's better

Cheebo

Banned
But... hes better?

Comparing Kyrie to Bledsoe or Dragic is just maddening. None of them could put on the crazy playoff performances Kyrie has done. Look at the Boston series this year when Lebron got into foul trouble early. Kyrie took over and was unstoppable in that game.

Gigglepoo

The Celtics aren't going to give IT the max. There's no way. So here's very expendable this year. So the trade would really be Crowder + top 10 pick for Kyrie because that's all Boston is losing. I don't know if that's enough. I'd watch IT + Brooklyn pick + LA pick. One win-now move (and then let IT walk when LeBron leaves) and two long-term moves.

I know Danny wouldn't do it but Kyrie is really good and only 25 years old. If Ainge isn't trying to use those picks to nab Kyrie, he should be using those picks (plus one or two more) to get AD.

LionPride

Banned
The Celtics aren't going to give IT the max. There's no way. So here's very expendable this year. So the trade would really be Crowder + top 10 pick for Kyrie because that's all Boston is losing. I don't know if that's enough. I'd watch IT + Brooklyn pick + LA pick. One win-now move (and then let IT walk when LeBron leaves) and two long-term moves.

I know Danny wouldn't do it but Kyrie is really good and only 25 years old. If Ainge isn't trying to use those picks to nab Kyrie, he should be using those picks (plus one or two more) to get AD.
You would like to hope IT ain't gettin maxed

By the Celtice anyway

But is there incentive to mess with CLE? IT expects to be paid max money after being on a bargain contract his entire career. CLE is already a luxury tax mess but you can't let him walk.

Bread

Banned

That's not how this works...that's not how any of this works. You can't just ignore what IT would bring to the teble even if it's just for a year.

I think the Celtics could give the best return but they probably wouldn't give up enough rebuilding assets if that's what the Cavs are looking for. Not many teams could beat the immediate talent return of IT/Crowder.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's not how this works...that's not how any of this works. You can't just ignore what IT would bring to the teble even if it's just for a year.

I think the Celtics could give the best return but they probably wouldn't give up enough rebuilding assets if that's what the Cavs are looking for. Not many teams could beat the immediate talent return of IT/Crowder.

IT and Crowder would be a terrible trade imo. That has a 0.0% chance of ever happening.

Tom Penny

People overrate Kyrie big-time. Just because you are possibly the best ISO player does not mean your the best player. He wouldnt win anything as the best player on a team since he has marginal impact other than scoring.

I think they are implying that if Kyrie and IT are so similar in value all you give up for Kryie is Crowder and 1st rd pick and avoid giving the max to IT an getting another year til you have to max out Kyrie.

To be fair to Kyrie he is also only 25 years old. There still time for his game to get even better. It's a shame he hasn't become a better passer playing on a team with LeBron.

Bread

Banned
IT and Crowder would be a terrible trade imo. That has a 0.0% chance of ever happening.
I agree the chance of it happening is minuscule but why is it a terrible trade? Two guys that shoot 3 at a near elite rate, one of them taking Irving's place as the scoring PG and the other filling a 3&D role that Lebron hasn't had since...Battier? I think those two would be an upgrade over just having Irving honestly.

I agree the chance of it happening is minuscule but why is it a terrible trade? Two guys that shoot 3 at a near elite rate, one of them taking Irving's place as the scoring PG and the other filling a 3&D role that Lebron hasn't had since...Battier? I think those two would be an upgrade over just having Irving honestly.

I imagine the Cavs would demand at least one of the valuable picks as well.

Gigglepoo

Neither IT nor Crowder are in Boston's longterm plans. Ainge would be giving up two guys he doesn't want going forward for a great 25-year-old player with room to grow.

Neither IT nor Crowder are in Boston's longterm plans. Ainge would be giving up two guys he doesn't want going forward for a great 25-year-old player with room to grow.

Crowder is a versatile guy who shoots well and is probably our second best defender now. He should be expendable in the right trade but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around long term.

Bread

Banned
I imagine the Cavs would demand at least one of the valuable picks as well.
Yeah for sure, and I'd give one too. I'm more talking about the immediate impact those players would provide for the Cavs. Can't imagine another team beating it.

Jae is signed through 2020 for like $7m/year lol, he's definitely not going anywhere unless an elite guy is coming back.

RootCause

7asEw68Y

Do it Pat throw in a few picks

How the heck is it only 1 more win for the Heat lol
Need Riley to plop his balls on the table, and demand this trade.

In all seriousness, how's Kyrie health wise? He seems to be banged up every year. Last thing I want is another injury riddled guard.

Cheebo

Banned
Need Riley to plop his balls on the table, and demand this trade.

In all seriousness, how's Kyrie health wise? He seems to be banged up every year. Last thing I want is another injury riddled guard.

He has been healthy pretty much the last season and a half.

Gigglepoo

Crowder is a versatile guy who shoots well and is probably our second best defender now. He should be expendable in the right trade but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around long term.

Eh, maybe. He's a streaky shooter (to put it mildly) and his defense slipped last year. I think the only reason he's considered as highly as he is is because of his cheap contract. Once Brown and Tatum grow, they'll have no need for Crowder. I feel like Ainge has been looking for a way to trade him a for a couple years and would jump at a chance to dump him for a better player.

First question about Kyrie as expected.

Hopefully someone yells at KOBY!

Edit: sounds like they just won't talk about the Kyrie stuff today

Lol they asked why no GM has ever gotten a 2nd contract from Dan

"When asked about why none of his GMs ever received a 2nd contract, Gilbert contends his guys have had 4 years each - "a presidential term"" -@mcten

What an idiot.

Fjordson

Lol this presser is hilarious. New GM is dodging everything with cliches and Gilbert sounds as terrible as ever.

Honestly gives some good insight into why someone would want to get out of Cleveland.

I feel like there has to be some kind of package Spurs can make, LMA + Murray + Parker or something like that
Others can offer much better packages than that even without a Wiggins or Josh Jackson in them.

Supposedly now Kyrie is OK with going to the nuggets. Can the Nuggets get him without gutting their rotation and/or taking bad salary?

Fjordson

Gilbert taking shots at another organization lmao. After their terrible offseason.

This guy is the absolute worst. Can't wait for Lebron to dump him again.

Others can offer much better packages than that even without a Wiggins or Josh Jackson in them.

Supposedly now Kyrie is OK with going to the nuggets. Can the Nuggets get him without gutting their rotation and/or taking bad salary?
One of Chandler or Faried have to be involved to make the money work so a minimum of Harris, Murry and Chandler

If cap relief is wanted you could even add Frye's expiring contract and take back Faried's contract who seems like has been shopped since he was given that deal

Someone mention Sugar Shane Battier?

Dude's like one of my favorite Heat players of all time. Let Lebron take it easy on defense while Batman banged with the big boys.

The real mvp of those 2 titles.

Top Bottom