• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Emwitus

Because you are long and athletic doesn't mean you will be a good defender

If Thibs hasn't realized that supposed defensive potential yet I doubt Ty Lue will.

Are they that desperate to gut their wings rotation to get "that guy from the Uncle Drew commercials"?

That trade doesn't really make them any better. The Kyrie-Jokic PnR defense would be comical.

Wiggins is a terrible defender my dude. Like worst in the league terrible.

What those number tell me is that he is usually posted on the highest scorer of the oppsoing team and does not fair well. Empty stats. In today's nba, literally no player can actually defend the best offensive players in the league.....except maybe kawhi

otapnam

It's AAU basketball but if you have nothing to watch at around 8:55pm PST

Zion Williamson vs. LaMelo Ball is gonna go down

Kinda expecting LaMelo to get blown out since Zion is a year his senior and Big Ballers probably don't have the talent that Zion is surrounded by

But should be an interesting game to watch regardless

Surprised at how many people are talking about an AAU game tbh

I only caught some of the first half. Lamelo looked really lazy out there. Zion seems like he's got more game

Cornbread78

A few Irving trades I can see, probably with some picks involved as well:

to Phoenix for Bledsoe and Derrick Jones Jr.

to Milwaukee for Dellavedova and Henson

to Chicago with Shumpert for Wade and Grant

Trade machine says each of these work, if it can be relied upon.

These are all terrible trades for CLE though, lol.

Brandson

These are all terrible trades for CLE though, lol.

No team ever gets equal value back for a star demanding a trade. Unless they want to trade Lebron now too, getting useful pieces for what looks like Lebron's last year in Cleveland is the best they can hope for. It's better this than a platter of players you have to waive immediately.

LeBron needs Delly 🐐to win , let it be known

Best trade is Nets pick, Lakers pick, Crowder, Thomas for Kyrie

Ainge won't do it though because Nets will still suck this season

What those number tell me is that he is usually posted on the highest scorer of the oppsoing team and does not fair well. Empty stats. In today's nba, literally no player can actually defend the best offensive players in the league.....except maybe kawhi
Did you even read the whole article?
Even against the best scorers there is no way your shot contest is literally statistically useless unless you are really lazy defender.
No team ever gets equal value back for a star demanding a trade. Unless they want to trade Lebron now too, getting useful pieces for what looks like Lebron's last year in Cleveland is the best they can hope for. It's better this than a platter of players you have to waive immediately.

If those trades are the best value they can get then the aren't trading him unless they get like a Billy King number of picks to go with it.

Can't believe Kyrie hasn't been traded yet.

Rushing to trade him would be a terrible move. Pacers rushed it with PG and got lowballed.

You need to hold out and hope people go on a bidding war and give you the best deal.

If they don't get a good deal until training camp though I really doubt they trade him. His value will just start plummeting as the season goes on and his contract gets closer to becoming an expiring one.

Keep him and hope you can get him to stay after Lebron inevitably leaves.

Those might legitimately be the worst trade proposals I've ever read.

I don't see Kyrie being traded right away, if anything it will be right before the trade deadline because then all the players that got signed this off season will be eligible for trade. Which in return gives the Cavs way more options, just makes more sense than to just forcing something to happen

mjp2417

Banned
No surprise that Simmons's takes are shit.

I actually thought the trade idea he posted a while back when this news first broke made a lot of sense for all sides. Basically:
Suns get Ntilikina and Frye's expiring
Knicks get Kyrie and Shump
Cavs get Melo and Bledsoe

Kronotech

Suns get Ntilikina, Love and Frye's expiring
Knicks get Kyrie and Shump
Cavs get Melo, Bledsoe and Bender

Suns don't want Love anymore. He's outside our timeline and our office is in love with Bender.

From whom? There were rumors around the draft about Mudiay and the 13th for Bledsoe, which is roughly equivalent value if the Suns like Ntilikina.

Rumors is the key word. Before the draft, we weren't sure if JJ would be available but he fell to us. Ntilikina was never high on our radar and I don't think we ever worked him out. Bledsoe is worth more than that and that's not me overvaluing him. Mudiay is bad.

TTG

Suns don't want Love anymore. He's outside our timeline and our office is in love with Bender.

Rumors is the key word. Before the draft, we weren't sure if JJ would be available but he fell to us. Ntilikina was never high on our radar and I don't think we ever worked him out. Bledsoe is worth more than that and that's not me overvaluing him. Mudiay is bad.

Hey James, didn't know you were on gaf, welcome. Where do you keep the 3 point trophy?

Top Bottom