• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

You should be the one praying for your C, as C Lonzo is going to annihilate your C.
tumblr_m4farfeyTK1qa601io2_500.gif

Jarate

Banned
Just remember we traded

MCW
Arturus Gudiatis
Luka Mitrovic
2017 first round pick (Wouldve been #5)

for

Nik Stauskas
#1 overall Pick

Thankyou Sam Hinkie

jbug617

Banned
So here is the C's picks till 2019 (just 1st round). He is not going to get Anthony Davis with just picks.

2017 PHI 1st
2018 BOS 1st
2018 LAL 1st
2018 BKN 1st
2019 BOS 1st
2019 LAC 1st
2019 SAC 1st
2019 MEM 1st

Jarate

Banned
So here is the C's picks till 2019 (just 1st round). He is not going to get Anthony Davis with just picks.

2017 PHI 1st
2018 BOS 1st
2018 LAL 1st
2018 BKN 1st
2019 BOS 1st
2019 LAC 1st
2019 SAC 1st
2019 MEM 1st

*Danny Ainge uploads a custom draft file*

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

2017 PHI 1st
2018 BOS 1st
2018 LAL 1st
2018 BKN 1st
2019 BOS 1st
2019 LAC 1st
2019 SAC 1st
2019 MEM 1st
Damn. They have officially won the 1st round picks championship. Congrats Boston!

2017 PHI 1st
2018 BOS 1st
2018 LAL 1st
2018 BKN 1st
2019 BOS 1st
2019 LAC 1st
2019 SAC 1st
2019 MEM 1st

That looks better than it actually is when you don't include protections.

2017 PHI 1st
2018 BOS 1st
2018 LAL 1st
2018 BKN 1st
2019 BOS 1st
2019 LAC 1st
2019 SAC 1st
2019 MEM 1st

Those picks can land two solid players for them. Especially the Lakers and Nets picks next season.

Tom Penny

Ainge is hoarding pick to try to trade for an actual NBA player he wants. Drafting all those players will get you nowhere. Young teams don't win in the NBA right away and take years.

For real I think this is what gets Danny fired.

He HAS the #1 pick and the future within his grasp to be good for like 5 years if Fultz pans out.

They aren't winning now or in the next two years.

This is a horrible decision

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ainge is hoarding pick to try to trade for an actual NBA player he wants. Drafting all those players will get you nowhere. Young teams don't win in the NBA right away and take years.

That's gotta be the end game right?

7 or 8 first round picks? No way he drafts them all. That's ignorant.

In a vacuum it's an overpay (depending on the protections on the kings pick) and I might be annoyed if Fultz was the first piece of top tier talent the Sixers were adding, but to add Fultz who fits perfectly with the other guys they have in a position of need I have no issues with an overpay to have this core.

Would imagine Ainge has another trade on the horizon between now and end of draft night.

Also...

DCkkGRBUIAAu7C5.jpg:large

Sandfox

And a few years back he tried to trade all of them for Justise Winslow. Every year we see Celtics fans get excited about what he's going to do with the assets only for nothing to happen.

He HAS the #1 pick and the future within his grasp to be good for like 5 years if Fultz pans out.

It depends on what he does with this and what Fultz/Jackson turn in to. If he just gave a future league MVP to a division rival for draft picks that turn into nothing then yeah he probably gets fired.

Tall4Life

We are processing super hard here where we hoard picks enough in hopes that we land a great player in a few of them, but you have to actually cash in on them at some point...

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

It looks bad but if Fultz only turns out to be a borderline all NBA player or not one at all this move may look great. Only time will tell. Clearly Danny wasn't very impressed with him. My fear for C fans is that this means he's gonna give IT a max contract. Eeeewww

Jarate

Banned
Like honestly, if Sam Hinkie ran for president, would you not vote for him for president? Im completely serious here btw

FZZ

Banned
Celtics got fleeced

Lonzo is going to annhilate this league

Markelle is guaranteed to get injured Day 1

This is fucking crazy

Top Bottom