• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

FZZ

Banned
How did y'all not at least get Okafor

Also Is swear to god if Magic's dumbass picks JJ I am going to smack someone

DCkt9krXkAAHbfb.jpg

#ShadeSZN

best believe I will now enjoy his first game against the Sixers, especially if he plays for the Suns
KuGsj.gif

How did y'all not at least get Okafor

Also Is swear to god if Magic's dumbass picks JJ I am going to smack someone

A small advantage to this trade is that it gives the C's more cap room for a potential max free agent this summer. Trading for Okafor would've fucked that all up.

Brinbe

What's the point of Jackson if you're going for G-Tyme and already have Brown/Crowder? Ainge is a dummy, f'real. Even Ball takes a backseat to Bradley/Smart/Brown.
Ainge needs quality bigs.

Also, Quality>>>>>>>Unknown quantity.

FZZ

Banned
Talent evaluations and analytics have gotten so much better since the 80s

rn the process is in Philly's court

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Fucking disaster. Fuck off ainge get the fuck outta here. This is the Winslow shit all over again only it fucking went through. We don't need another defensive guy who can't play fucking offense.

mjp2417

Banned
As with all trades involving draft picks, this is going to take at least a few years to determine who really won the trade, but still I would have at least liked to see the Lakers pick convey at 1-5 rather than just 2-5 for Boston.

Colangelo is already better than Hinkie lmao. What the fuck is Boston doing?

Best case scenario is they moved down to take the guy Ainge really wants, broke up the first pick into multiple assets that individually would be easier to move in other trades and got a potential top 5 pick in one of the next two drafts.

Worst case scenario is they just gave a future top 10 player for a bunch of garbage and a second Jaylen Brown.

Slizeezyc

Best case scenario is they moved down to take the guy Ainge really wants, broke up the first pick into multiple assets that individually would be easier to move in other trades and got a potential top 5 pick in one of the next two drafts.

Worst case scenario is they just gave a future top 10 player for a bunch of garbage and a second Jaylen Brown.

You mean the second coming of Dirk, fam. The Lauri light will shine through on Draft night.

Hate the trade but you got to love the balls by Danny to even think about making that. In the best case, he turned a pick into Josh Jackson and Luka Doncic. Worst case? He wasted Billy King's career.

Hate the trade but you got to love the balls by Danny to even think about making that. In the best case, he turned a pick into Josh Jackson and Luka Doncic. Worst case? He wasted Billy King's career.

Really feels like a legacy defining trade, he's either going to become the next Billy King or the next...Ainge.

How Luka? The pick is protected.

Porter Jr. with the Nets pick and then Luka with the Lakers pick.

Oh god it's happening isn't it? Butler for two picks.

If lakers don't pick ball at 2nd.....you think Bulls would take lonzo?

If lonzo gets taken at 2nd they better grab fox

Sandfox

Oh god it's happening isn't it? Butler for two picks.

If lakers don't pick ball at 2nd.....you think Bulls would take lonzo?

If lonzo gets taken at 2nd they better grab fox

If the Celtics were going to trade with the Bulls they probably would've preferred the #1 pick.

Really feels like a legacy defining trade, he's either going to become the next Billy King or the next...Ainge.

It really is. To be fair, he probably thought that adding Fultz alone to this roster doesn't do shit short term or long term. It's really not unreasonable.

It is the most puzzling move ever by Danny by a long shot. Huge gamble. Fultz floor is probably peak Brandon Roy, you don't trade guys like this.

How Luka? The pick is protected.

Yeah, I really think he's thinking Doncic will go second overall. Porter + Doncic. We're just kidding ourselves here though, in about a year an athletic wing with a broken shot will be available and Danny won't be able to help himself.

Told y'all Ainge wanted the second coming of the great WHITE hope in Luka Doncic

To be perfectly fair, there's a reasonable chance Doncic will be the best SG in the league when he comes in. The talent there is bonkers. I'm not even sure he's thinking about that, he probably wants to hoard assets.

Sandfox

It really is. To be fair, he probably thought that adding Fultz alone to this roster doesn't do shit short term or long term. It's really not unreasonable.

It is the most puzzling move ever by Danny by a long shot. Huge gamble. Fultz floor is probably peak Brandon Roy, you don't trade guys like this.

Yeah, I really think he's thinking Doncic will go second overall. Porter + Doncic. We're just kidding ourselves here though, in about a year an athletic wing with a broken shot will be available and Danny won't be able to help himself.

C'mon now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Gary Washburn tweeted that the pick will come down to Jackson or Tatum. I'm not sure how legit that is, but if Danny even thinks about drafting Tatum he needs to be fired on the spot.

Porter is going first IMO.

Holy fuck do not pick fucking Tatum ffs Danny nooooo9oooooooo

Top Bottom