• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

I'd be pretty okay with the Lakers trading for George and still being one of the 5 worst teams in the league anyway because that roster is ass and they traded their best young player for shit nothing.

Setzer

...I'm ok with this.

But then why wasn't this a 3 team trade then with DLO to Nets, Lopez, 27 28 to Pacers, George to Lakers then?

Yeah doesn't make sense but I wouldn't mind them doing this trade. There is another rumor floating around that its Randle w/ 27 & 28. I hope they don't give up Randle. At that point I would rather wait for PG to become a FA.

DC0TCIOXkAAsfcG

theWB27

And Clarkson?

Hell, that deal doesn't even match salaries. Lakers giving close to $40 mill salary in that trade.

Didn't see clarkson....nah. I think we need to reconcile with the fact that if your name isn't Ingram... he could be gone.

Lakers back to swinging for the fences.

Jarate

Banned
I just got home from work and all I wanna say is...

HAHAHAHA LAKERS FUCKING GAVE AWAY RUSSEL LOL WTF WERE THEY THINKING

Cornbread78

Ainge is sleeping at the wheel. Dwight is the missing piece.

While I agree Ainge is sitting on hos hands hoping to screw over another team (which isn't going to happen)

Dwight can stay down there at this point. If he could defend and play solid D still he could be worth the risk, but he's lost it and would not help anything at all and prevent them from signing another max guy without some serious contract work by Danny...

I have no idea how that Plumlee contract managed to get moved twice. Such an awful contract.

No idea how the Bucks moved it and no idea how the Hornets moved it again.

Cornbread78

Kevin O’Connor: .@stephenasmith just said Bulls wanted #3 pick from Philly for Butler, now Celtics angling for Butler then Hayward.
.@stephenasmith just said Bulls wanted #3 pick from Philly for Butler, now Celtics angling for Butler then Hayward. pic.twitter.com/ycSgrrrHhf

— Kevin O'Connor (@KevinOConnorNBA) June 19, 2017

2 hours ago – via Twitter

So what did they ask Boston for if it wasn't #3? And why would Philly want Butler, when they need a PG?

So what did they ask Boston for if it wasn't #3? And why would Philly want Butler, when they need a PG?

Looks like it was the #3 pick as well.

From a CSN Chicago article

The Bulls were rebuffed on an offer to the Celtics for the third pick straight-up, but bringing the Cavaliers to the table could increase the quality of offers for Butler, who would be eligible for a deal in the $40 million range annually if he makes another All-NBA team next season.

Because Phillies intention had they kept the 3rd pick was to sign Kyle Lowry. Now that they traded to the top spot it kills all that noise.. Trade for Butler with the 3rd overall pick and sign Kyle Lowry was their plan.

Servbot24

Banned
Wait, all Bulls wanted for Butler was the 3 pick? And that was declined?? How do you not give up the 3 for Butler, he's a top 20 player! That seems like an insane deal to turn down.

jbug617

Banned
Josh Jackson sent the Celtics his medical but still not going to workout got them unless he is told he would be picked. Ford says Celtics leaning towards Tatum.

Top Bottom