• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Tom Penny

Wait, all Bulls wanted for Butler was the 3 pick? And that was declined?? How do you not give up the 3 for Butler, he's a top 20 player! That seems like an insane deal to turn down.
They wouldn't have money to still sign a max free agent. Buills wouldn't take on any salary or something like that in the trade.

Cornbread78

Josh Jackson sent the Celtics his medical but still not going to workout got them unless he is told he would be picked. Ford says Celtics leaning towards Tatum.

Yeah, Jackson gets a participation trophy...

The Celts don't need another guy that cannot create his own shot though....

Looks like it was the #3 pick as well.
From a CSN Chicago article

too many different "reports" lol. Butler for #3 straight up

Blake is better than Hayward "when healthy" that is kind of a big deal though..

Yeah, when Healthy, Blake is a better player, and would be a perfect pairing with Horford now that he has improved his jumper.

They wouldn't have money to still sign a max free agent. Buills wouldn't take on any salary or something like that in the trade.

Wouldn't the departing Amir and Swedish Larry give them enough space for Butler? They should already have the room for Butler and Hayward or Blake

When the Celtics had the number one pick he still didn't go. That could have cost him 2 million dollars.

What's 2 million dollars in the grand scope of things when he'll be the 6th man on that squad. He can go to another team and earn tons of minutes, challenge legitimately for rookie of the year and possibly land bigger endorsement deals because of this as well.

LionPride

Banned
Damn, I never thought LeBron would leave again

I mean God, Gilbert burns every bridge he can

Kyrie big mad after next year and probs gon leave

And to think, if the Thunder didn't blow a 3-1 lead, none of this probably happens

Damn, I never thought LeBron would leave again

I mean God, Gilbert burns every bridge he can

Kyrie big mad after next year and probs gon leave

And to think, if the Thunder didn't blow a 3-1 lead, none of this probably happens

You can't blame Gilbert for this. He's spent enough to get Cleveland their championship.

I really don't blame this one on Gilbert. This one sounds like it's all on LeBron and Gilbert seeing the writing on the wall for next season...

Pretty much ya. When Lebron was griping about adding another playmaker earlier in the season he actually came out and said part of the agreement to him coming back to Cleveland was that the owner would have no issues dipping into the luxury tax to help them win a title. Well, the Cavs have had the leagues highest payroll the past few seasons. No owner likes losing money consistently and the NBA adds penalties for going into the luxury tax for consecutive seasons. Gilbert did his part and now Lebron wants to bold again. I don't think any championship team has ever dipped into the luxury tax the way the Cavs have..

LionPride

Banned
You guys are worse than Twitter with these overreactions. Get it together.

LeBron ain't going anywhere.

Well knowing that his mom and wife didn't want him back in Cleveland, then the fact he may feel like his input was not given any thought in regards to David Griffin and Gilbert being a dick by blocking any attempts at teams like the Bucks or Hawks or Magic getting him as a GM and then releasing him from his contract after those positions were basically filled...

I wouldn't wanna be there either

Cornbread78

You guys are worse than Twitter with these overreactions. Get it together.

LeBron ain't going anywhere.

Well knowing that his mom and wife didn't want him back in Cleveland, then the fact he may feel like his input was not given any thought in regards to David Griffin and Gilbert being a dick by blocking any attempts at teams like the Bucks or Hawks or Magic getting him as a GM and then releasing him from his contract after those positions were basically filled...

I wouldn't wanna be there either

Yeah, dude is LA bound, no doubt. It's just a matter of him hooking up with his banana boat buddies with the Clips or teaming up with George as a Laker.

Hydrus

Yeah, dude is LA bound, no doubt. It's just a matter of him hooking up with his banana boat buddies with the Clips or teaming up with George as a Laker.

He ain't gonna go to the Clippers. Why finish your career with an aging cp3 ( if he stays ) with little man syndrome and a shit organization like the clips. Go to the storied Lakers franchise with a young core, PG, and go down as one of the Laker greats, with all the power and control he wants.

Of course you can. He just let the only competent GM the organization has had in decades walk in the midst of maybe the most pivotal summer in franchise history. It's insanity.

The dude was asking for a bigger raise and more power within the organization. All the dude did was raise the teams payroll dramatically to add these players. Any GM can do that if the owner is willing to take the hit.

Top Bottom