• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Servbot24

Banned
Magic gonna blink first isn't he?
jbhmmm.png
They're offering both players now?

Keep doing it, whoever is running things for Indi now

DOC WOULD DO IT!

I'd take the Lakers deal if and only if they include next year's 1st, unconditionally. So the two garbage 1st round picks at the end of this draft and that sweet lottery pick next year.
They don't have that pick to trade, philly owns it unless it is 2-5 then the celtics get it.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ok... if they give up the #2 for PG I'm gonna be furious. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

I would love to see another team willing to give a better deal than Randle/Clarkson and 27/28 for a PG13 rental. Who are they?

Hold strong, Magic. Hold fucking strong. Do not fuck this up.

Kickz

Is this feeling what Knicks fans have been feeling like for years fam?

This is not a fun feeling guys. Not fun at all.

This is a regular Tuesday night for Knicks fans, they are permanently in basketball hell

Just give those fuckers the 2019 first rounder

who cares anymore

Magic gonna make'em sweat and wait until Wednesday morning before he offers that

Miracle

This is a regular Tuesday night for Knicks fans, they are permanently in basketball hell

I had no idea this feeling could ever exist inside of me...or anybody. I thought it was just a joke or at most, a myth.

But the legends were true. The feels right now...Knicks fans, I'm so sorry. I'll never make fun of you all again.

Kevtones

Blazers should: swap Crabbe for Beverly somehow. Helps both teams tremendously.

Then: Meyers Leonard and the 20/26 picks for Deandre Jordan

Then: draft Jordan Bell at 15

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
DeAndre Jordan on the market...is Mark Cuban still interested?

Slizeezyc

Blazers should: swap Crabbe for Beverly somehow. Helps both teams tremendously.

Then: Meyers Leonard and the 20/26 picks for Deandre Jordan

Then: draft Jordan Bell at 15

You do realize what Crabbe is being paid, yeah? Plus he has a trade kicker...

Be a cold day in hell when the Rockets take on that contract.

Lakers ain't giving up #2. They can wait another year and give Ingram more minutes to develop. Randle can work his ass off not to be traded too. Then get both PG13 and LeBron in 2018.

Kevtones

You do realize what Crabbe is being paid, yeah? Plus he has a trade kicker...

Be a cold day in hell when the Rockets take on that contract.

Yeah, that's why I said 'somehow'. Maybe Portland brings in a third party? Maybe a draft pick. Crabbe is a great fit for the Rockets IMO.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Everyone and their mother knew those terrible contracts would come back to haunt the Lakers... DLO was the collateral damage of Jim and Mitch's incompetence. What a fucking shame.

As long as I get my line-up of Ball, PG13, BI, Nance, and Lopez I can walk away from this feeling alright.

Miracle

Everyone and their mother knew those terrible contracts would come back to haunt the Lakers... DLO was the collateral damage of Jim and Mitch's incompetence. What a fucking shame.

As long as I get my line-up of Ball, PG13, BI, Nance, and Lopez I can walk away from this feeling alright.

Giving up DLO and Randle plus picks for a player that was coming here next year anyway.

All just to hope we get a 34 year old Lebron next year.

Slizeezyc

Yeah, that's why I said 'somehow'. Maybe Portland brings in a third party? Maybe a draft pick. Crabbe is a great fit for the Rockets IMO.

I mean the fit is sort of irrelevant either way. With the 15 percent trade kicker he will make over 21 million a season until the end of 2019-20 if he were traded. It doesn't matter how high you are on Crabbe, he's still not gonna return even equal value for 21 million a season no matter how well he would fit or how much you like him.

Crabbe is someone you can only get rid of by giving something with positive value with it, Crabbe only has negative value. It's a player the Nets or Team X that has cap space but nothing to do with it takes on, not a team like the Rockets that's contending and needs every penny to be spent on something helping them get deep in the playoffs.

Kickz

Giving up DLO and Randle plus picks for a player that was coming here next year anyway.

All just to hope we get a 34 year old Lebron next year.

Jeanie probably doesn't want to do the small market tanking game, she got celebrity suites to sell. So its big free agents or die tryin as the order of the day

Kevtones

I mean the fit is sort of irrelevant either way. With the 15 percent trade kicker he will make over 21 million a season until the end of 2019-20 if he were traded. It doesn't matter how high you are on Crabbe, he's still not gonna return even equal value for 21 million a season no matter how well he would fit or how much you like him.

Crabbe is someone you can only get rid of by giving something with positive value with it, Crabbe only has negative value. It's a player the Nets or Team X that has cap space but nothing to do with it takes on, not a team like the Rockets that's contending and needs every penny to be spent on something helping them get deep in the playoffs.

Fair enough. Rockets don't have any bad contracts really either.

Setzer

I don't know, this isn't too crazy to me. They got rid of that horrid Mozgov contract, can take Lonzo to replace D'Angelo who will be on a cheap rookie deal for longer than D'Angelo and now go after Lebron, PG13, etc.

Maybe I'm missing some ramification, but it kinda makes sense right now.

This. I think its a good trade for the Lakers. I love the overreaction by Lakers fans who thought D'Angelo was the 2nd coming of Kobe. He might turn out to be a decent PG but he's no superstar. Lonzo will be an all-star before he will. Plus this gets rid of the ridiculous Mozgov contract. Now if Magic can find a way to get rid of Deng.

theWB27

This. I think its a good trade for the Lakers. I love the overreaction by Lakers fans who thought D'Angelo was the 2nd coming of Kobe. He might turn out to be a decent PG but he's no superstar. Lonzo will be an all-star before he will. Plus this gets rid of the ridiculous Mozgov contract. Now if Magic can find a way to get rid of Deng.

Who legit thought russel had a Kobe future?

Miracle

#Lakers could ship Lopez to #Pacers in a deal for PG (according to @WindhorstESPN)? Sure. Lopez, #27 and #28.

...I'm ok with this.

But then why wasn't this a 3 team trade then with DLO to Nets, Lopez, 27 28 to Pacers, George to Lakers then?

Top Bottom