• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Milt Newton must be doing a terrible job selling this team. I feel like the wolves aren't doing anything, but they should have the ability to go after one or two big names.

CmT8y13XgAAoJmg.jpg

Do it Ainge.

mjp2417

Banned
Milt Newton must be doing a terrible job selling this team. I feel like the wolves aren't doing anything, but they should have the ability to go after one or two big names.

No reason for them to go after a big name this year (unless that big name is Kevin Durant). They are still a few years away and another lottery pick in what looks to be a stacked draft next year is much more important than a low end playoff seed.

The sad part is Conley isn't even top 10 at his position. It'd be like if Andy Dalton got a $200 million contract.

Top 10 is debatable but it's also beyond the point. This is how much players get paid now, Conley was just lucky enough to be one of the first players to get a max in this new cap era.

There's something about Chris Paul, the NBPA president, trying to convince a free agent to take less money to play with him that feels kind of fucked up.

That's because no one takes the Clippers seriously. Unless they actually win a title they'll always be the other team in LA.

The Lakers have a 40+ year history with their fanbase. People aren't just going to jump off to another team anymore than Yankee fans would become Met fans. Sure there is a certain segment of bandwagon fans that come and go, but the bandwagon Laker fans already jumped shit to Golden State 2 years ago.

El Topo

The Lakers have a 40+ year history with their fanbase. People aren't just going to jump off to another team anymore than Yankee fans would become Met fans. Sure there is a certain segment of bandwagon fans that come and go, but the bandwagon Laker fans already jumped shit to Golden State 2 years ago.

I think it could certainly happen if the Lakers fall into a slump for a longer period and the Clippers ever managed to not be a joke. The former could happen, the latter probably not. Obviously the Lakers will keep their (significant) core of fans though, since (as you point out) they have a long and great history.

"KD, we need one last piece to complete our roster of 'Commercial' players. We have the KIA guy in Griffin, State Farm in Chris Paul, and that house wife DeAndre plays as. Complete our circle KD."

Somehow Denver resigned Darrel Arthur for 3 years, 23 mil. Guy must really be sold on Denver to do that!

If Gallo stays healthy, no way in hell we will afford him next year in the Summer of Madness

spyder_ur

9 and 7 on 48% shooting that series...30% on 3's. You must be forgetting how horrendous Smart, Crowder and Fatty ass was..

I remember Smart being pretty good in that series. I thought it was a big series for him after Bradley went down. Shooting numbers not great though.

Sully and injured Crowder were disasters though.

I just got faked out by a fake Twitter account on the Cs getting Horford. Saddened.

Top 10 is debatable but it's also beyond the point. This is how much players get paid now, Conley was just lucky enough to be one of the first players to get a max in this new cap era.

Even with the cap going up further next year I think contracts for mid tier players will scale back down slightly in a few years once the stars start making 35+ million a year. Klay will get at least double what his current contract is and Curry will get triple of his, and eventually teams will learn that the new salary cap isn't unlimited.

Tom Penny

Fuck Wiki It's official as Broussard
Vegas Gambling Steam
‏@Pregame_Steam
Breaking:
Multiple sources are reporting that Al Horford has reached multi year agreement in principle with Boston Celtics

Going to miss Horford. Man that putback against the Wizards and him baptizing KLove. Very fond memories. Good luck in Boston except when you go against us. Go knock out Cleveland for us while we play as the 7th seed.

Bread

Banned
Fuuuuck yes!!!!

We got a big!!

BG!!! Lyle!!!! Let's hug!!

If that's fake I'll go to Rhode Island and piss on tp's smoker

Dthomp

KD would be an idiot to go to the clippers

I think in the end he stays. He's a king in OKC and they are a top 3 team to win the title right now next season with him before any other FA moves. I think this is more ESPN making up alot out of nothing. They want him in a major market more the him or anybody else at this point. I just wish he'd hurry up and resign and get it over with so they can stop the constant Warriors with KD talk

I think in the end he stays. He's a king in OKC and they are a top 3 team to win the title right now next season with him before any other FA moves. I think this is more ESPN making up alot out of nothing. They want him in a major market more the him or anybody else at this point. I just wish he'd hurry up and resign and get it over with so they can stop the constant Warriors with KD talk

Agreed

Sifl

Wouldn't the Clippers need to get rid of everyone on their team besides those 3 to sign KD? They would only have 4 players and would need to give out minimum contracts, which means it's GAF's time to shine!

Top Bottom