• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

There was a time I believed in Playoff Rondo.....
lol

'08 playoff Rondo.. like a wizard with the passing.
lawd.png

Jarate

Banned
lawd.png

Rondo is still an elite passer, but pretty much sucks on every other aspect of basketball, if he's surrounded by 3 hall of fameds, his skills can shine, but other then that he's kind of a waste at PG and kind of a knucklehead

If he learned how to shoot he couldbe easily been the best offensive PG in the league

I don't want to be one of those guys, but if the Celtics sign Horford tonight, do you guys think part of the pitch to Durant could also be bringing in an additional star via a trade? You gotta figure if they can get Durant they wouldn't hesitate to go all out trading any picks & players to get a Butler or a Cousins, etc.

Could that even work in any sort of reality, and also cap wise? Or does the pitch to Durant max out as playing with Thomas and Horford?

spyder_ur

There was a time I believed in Playoff Rondo.....
lol

lawd.png

That was a real thing. I remember the 29-18-13 against the Cavs on Mother's Day 2010.

Just goes to show how important fit and development fit and coaching are with some of these guys.

Rondo is still an elite passer, but pretty much sucks on every other aspect of basketball, if he's surrounded by 3 hall of fameds, his skills can shine, but other then that he's kind of a waste at PG and kind of a knucklehead

If he learned how to shoot he couldbe easily been the best offensive PG in the league

He was one of the more crafty rebounding PGs I've ever seen. Truly unique player, but his limitations are clear. Celtics measured that one perfectly.

I don't want to be one of those guys, but if the Celtics sign Horford tonight, do you guys think part of the pitch to Durant could also be bringing in an additional star via a trade? You gotta figure if they can get Durant they wouldn't hesitate to go all out trading any picks & players to get a Butler or a Cousins, etc.

Could that even work in any sort of reality, and also cap wise? Or does the pitch to Durant max out as playing with Thomas and Horford?

There isn't a single untouchable asset on the Celtics if it helps get Durant on the team.

A little late to the Howard signing but eh. 24 mil is basically 18 mil. If I were to compare to Horford, I think I would take Dwight. Just fits better I think.

At least now when our shots aren't falling (usually all the time) they could start doing PnR and rely on Howard. Plus defense and rebounding which is what we really lack at the C position.

I'm gonna have to see the on court product. I feel like this was just a big name signing to put butts in seats.

Tom Penny

Bulls can use Rondo's floor spacing and luckily Rondo doesn't need the ball in hands to be effective so Butler should really take off..

There isn't a single untouchable asset on the Celtics if it helps get Durant on the team.

I definitely agree, I just wonder if a trade is part of what they will pitch to Durant. Essentially ask him who he would want to trade for and that they will do their best to make it happen.

I also just wonder if they can even make such a trade happen, with the league valuing draft picks so poorly. Unless Danny has just been holding off until he knew Durant could be a possibility before selling all the picks

I definitely agree, I just wonder if a trade is part of what they will pitch to Durant. Essentially ask him who he would want to trade for and that they will do their best to make it happen.

I also just wonder if they can even make such a trade happen, with the league valuing draft picks so poorly. Unless Danny has just been holding off until he knew Durant could be a possibility before selling all the picks

I'd bet that Ainge has some trades lined up that he could overpay for.

so is 5/153 what LeBron is looking at from Cleveland or what
Lebron can't get max in Cleveland. He only has Early Bird rights instead of full Bird rights. So he can only get a raise this year to 27 mil in Cleveland instead of the 30 max. He'll probably do his usual 1+1 to keep changing with the salary changes (another CBA coming up pretty soon too). The cap raised so dramatically this year that he can actually make more on other teams with cap room than he can on his own team.

What if Durant is like "I want Timofey Mozgov"?

So we're going to have put up with a full season of folks acting like the Cavs are an unbeatable team now?
of course not. atm, CLE is demonstrably worse than they were last year and management appears to be praying that all they need is "more gelling" to get better. as if 2 years wasn't enough time to "gel".

If my Cavs don't make some real moves, we might not get back to the Finals to start with, never mind beating someone there again.

J2 Cool

Rondo will fuck up the Bulls enough that Butler will be traded to the Celtics with the inevitable lottery pick incoming :)

Hes going to get heat if he doesnt produce. Chicago turned on Boozer, turn on mental cases. Odd fit, feels like a "may as well" move for the Bulls.

Also Noah to Knicks is hysterical. Im sure Rose's call to Noah was "come and get some of this money theyre giving out, son!". I love Noah so I hope he returns to form, but I have as much doubt about him as I do Rose, ever getting back to that level. No idea how you give him that much money, if the deal gets done

DCX

DCX
When the Knicks say they don't have enough money to throw at an aging star, you know something's wrong!

DCX

I tune out of the free agent signings just crossing my fingers and hoping Portland doesn't make a run at Howard... and we go ahead and sign EVAN TURNER for $70 million? There are very few deals that could have been done that would have made me think, "shit, I wish we got Dwight." Then again, Portland is a scrappy bunch of guys everyone assumed was lottery-bound and they made it to the second round of the playoffs, so maybe they'll unlock some gear no one knew Turner had. But to go from Batum last year to Turner next year... that's a bit of a shift.

Top Bottom