• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Are there any other serious contenders for Horford besides Boston, Detroit, and OKC?

Is OKC actually a serious contender? Also, I believe at some point the Rockets were a serious about him.

Edit:

oO7iZot.png

Are there any other serious contenders for Horford besides Boston, Detroit, and OKC?

Per Woj:

Sources: Free agent Al Horford held four meetings today -- including Houston, Washington -- and plans to make a decision over weekend.

Could Wall + Beasley be enough to interest Horford?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Al def gone now

Just gave 70 to Bazemore

Let that sink in. Kent Bazemore got paid 4 years 70 mill.

This off season is unreal.

I think Kent will take another step in his game with another year in our system. But they seriously need to stop playing him at the 3. He, in no way shape or form, can go up against bigger SFs.

OKC can't even pay him. Unless there is a trade they aren't even in the conversation.

Supposedly they're looking at moving Kanter, although I'm now seeing that he has veto power over any trade until July 12th and he has a 15% trade kicker.

Windhorst is saying the Hawks are involved in trade talks to free up cap space to re-sign Horford. I think they'd have to move Millsap for a pick to get it done.

Edit: Moving Splitter might do it as well.

Brinbe

Did Toronto do anything besides re-sign Derozan?

I heard Ryan Andersen was interested in playing for us

There isn't much else we can do. We're capped out. All we have is the MLE to offer. Which is peanuts for what many of these guys could fetch on the open market right now.

Has anyone been like me where your favorite team is interested in a free agent then right after, you watch highlights of that player on YT? Then, later they end up on another team.

WOJ saying Hawks still negotiating with Horford.

So there's a chance? Who's getting shipped besides Splitter and Lamar Patterson? Millsap for peanuts?

spyder_ur

Getting Howard might actually have been done to entice Horford to stay if he really prefers to play PF to C. Moving Milllsap's contract should be easy.

Moving Millsap's contract is no problem at all; it's a great deal. I'm just wondering about the plan though. Plus the timing is tough. I think they're essentially out on Horford.

Hell I'd happily give up something for Millsap. The time to trade him was the draft though.

There isn't much else we can do. We're capped out. All we have is the MLE to offer. Which is peanuts for what many of these guys could fetch on the open market right now.

that isn't true, we can go over the cap by having DeRozan sign last, we still have a several days before the contract becomes set in stone.

spyder_ur

Meh. I don't even get how Howard, Milsap and Horford work. Milsap becomes a full time SF and Bazmore gets 17 million to come off the bench?

It doesn't make any sense. Millsap is a great, versatile player but you're totally neutralizing his talents. They might have a plan, but I sincerely doubt all three of those bigs will be on the Hawks next season.

I'm sad Dudley got snagged.

Tom Penny

It doesn't make any sense. Millsap is a great, versatile player but you're totally neutralizing his talents. They might have a plan, but I sincerely doubt all three of those bigs will be on the Hawks next season.

Celtics should be taking on Milsap for one year for 20. Better than Horford at 4/113

Top Bottom