• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

RootCause

If Wade goes, yikes. I don't even want to think about it. Man we overplayed for Bosh.

And I didn't expect him to pitch himself to those team(Knicks and Bucks really?). At least go to the Spurs or Clips.

This L, I can't even hold it.😩

If Wade goes, yikes. I don't even want to think about it. Man we overplayed for Bosh.

And I didn't expect him to pitch himself to those team(Knicks and Bucks really?). At least go to the Spurs or Clips.

This L, I can't even hold it.😩

Good teams aren't going to spend $20 million a year on Dwyane Wade's corpse.

Meh. I don't even get how Howard, Milsap and Horford work. Milsap becomes a full time SF and Bazmore gets 17 million to come off the bench?

Well, the theory (my theory) is Shroeder, Baze, Sap, Horford, and Howard to start. Then Bud does his robotic subs and brings in Korver and then moves Sap to the 4. And then Horford gets his rest and comes back in for Howard. And then they start interchanging those 3 and Mike Scott and whatever other C they plan to use lol.

Tom Penny

Also you then have to decide if you want to resign Millsap at age 31 (and probably for similar money to what Horford is getting) rather than getting Horford for his 30-34 seasons.

Not sure that is problem. You have to decide if you want to resign Milsap or spend Milsap money on any other free agent available.

It seems odd that after everything the Hawks have done this off-season they now want to make room to max out Horford.

Edit:

Ramona Shelburne is saying that the Hawks haven't even offered him the full max yet.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
We should update the thread title...suggestions?

Whichever one is most in agreement I can update sometime this weekend.

It seems odd that after everything the Hawks have done this off-season they now want to make room to max out Horford.

Edit:

Ramona Shelburne is saying that the Hawks haven't even offered him the full max yet.

Don't think they'll give him max. Obviously I'm a nobody but I'll assume that price is probably around 25 with 7.5% raises and they're trying to convince him to take that and come back to the team.

megalowho

I have no idea what Atlanta is doing. They want to dump Millsap now? And then offer Horford the 5 year max? I don't like ominous Woj tweets.

We should update the thread title...suggestions?

Whichever one is most in agreement I can update sometime this weekend.

NBA Offseason |OT| You can get ketchup & mustard but no mayo

NBA Offseason |OT| Free Agency, free agency never changes

NBA Offseason |OT| Alternate Timeline OT

Expectation-vs-Reality-e1467375613928.jpg

NeoLakers are so bad.

Ainge fucking up

To even get a long meeting with Durant he needs at least Hortford

The fuck they gonna talk about

I do feel an uneasiness about the situation now. You gotta figure Ainge absolutely wanted Horford signed tonight to have much more to show in the Durant meeting. So the fact that didn't happen leaves a lot of doubt for me.

I suppose it could be a "sleep on it" situation, and maybe he will be signed in the morning before the Durant meeting.

I've gotta stop following some of the shittier Celtics Twitter accounts. Some blog is very upset that we didn't pay Turner 70 million

Joe Johnson to Utah - 2 years, $22M

Amazing how his insane Atlanta Hawks deal dont even look that crazy in today's offseason

Writers are saying that GMs have started talking about contracts in terms of percentage of cap space as opposed to dollar amounts because of how big they are now. So percentage-wise that deal is still awful.

mjp2417

Banned
It feels weird using "Joe Johnson" and "good deal" in the same sentence, but that's a pretty good deal for Joe Johnson. With the Mavs shitting the bed in free agency, Utah could sneak into the playoffs next year

Top Bottom