• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Chase17

Cav just won a championship, did the Torontos win a championship recently?
I think they are just trolling since its been pretty much exactly 50 years since the last Maple Leaves championship

Edit: Nvm talking all sports and blue jays

Sandfox

The only FA we got has been Bayless, who we literally had no clue we were pursuing. Colangelo's are master snakes in the grass and know how to work the media over on their side.

Im assuming we are working on Barnes right now, Crawford has been hinted at as a possibility, along with Alan Crabbe.

It's also going to be tough to convince vets to come to our team. We still only won 10 games this year. Hinkie actively pursued free agents during his time, he just didnt want to overpay for guys who would cause our team problems down the line

Also, the Sixers should want no part of Rondo, locker room cancer, sub 60% free throw shooter, ball dominant PG who will take the ball away from Simmons. I'd rather have McConnel play as the starter tbh

Barnes is only leaving GS if they get KD and even then it seems like Dallas is going to be the one to give him an offer sheet.

I mentioned Rondo because ESPN reported that the Sixers were interested.

Ian Begley
‏@IanBegley
Courtney Lee has agreed to a 4-year, $50 million deal with the Knicks, sources tell ESPN.

---

Nice. We dont have a bench but our starting lineup looks interesting.

Jarate

Banned
Barnes is only leaving GS if they get KD and even then it seems like Dallas is going to be the one to give him an offer sheet.

I mentioned Rondo because ESPN reported that the Sixers were interested.

god, if the sixers get Rondo, I think i'd get super depressed.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I don't deel bad because the Bulls are staying out of free agency this year. It's a bloodbath out there. There will be a lot of regret in a few years lol

By the owners of course, players will be chilling. God I wish I had basketball talent :/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
CmYVL1IWIAQEbx3.jpg:orig

Man, it must suck to be a free agent last season.

If Knicks somehow get Wade they would be probably one of my top 3 most watched teams. Would be a fun line up.

Might even be top 5 as is.

I dont think theres any way Wade is coming to NY. Just using the Knicks to get his offers up. I think he stays in Miami.

I think Wade goes to Cleveland on a vet min to troll pat if he doesn't offer the max
If not Cleveland then whoever gives him the most money

Brady flew with Durant and were in Boston yesterday 👀 🤔

effzee

Sucks to be a Sixers fan and see that FAs have zero desire to play there.

They have tons of money, the #1 overall pick, some good young talent, and play in a weak East. A superstar or 2 could easily team up there and dominate the league.

:(

Came across an article that discussed Howard to ATL.

Some intriguing points. Howard only attempted about 8.5 shots in Houston last year. Over 100 more players took more shots. Marvin Williams took more shots than Howard.

His percentage have been the same for his career, it may have been lack of touches.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Came across an article that discussed Howard to ATL.

Some intriguing points. Howard only attempted about 8.5 shots in Houston last year. Over 100 more players took more shots. Marvin Williams took more shots than Howard.

His percentage have been the same for his career, it may have been lack of touches.

Well Harden is a ball hog so no surprise.

Oprah.gif "YOU GET A MAX CONTRACT, YOU GET A MAX CONTRACT, EVERYONE GETS A MAX CONTRACT"

gully state do you think GS will match any max offers that Barnes gets.

Good lord, I just saw the news of Cuban offering max to max Barnes. I dunno man....this whole pursuit of Durant has kinda screwed over the Warriors. All possible Barnes replacements have been snapped up. I have a hard time believing management would match but who's available to replace Barnes? Or do we just pack it in and make this a retooling year?

And what's with this new of Durant coming out of the Clippers meeting super impressed? That came out of nowhere...I can just imagine the meeting consisted of Doc barring the door with a chair and a coked up Balmer sweating through his shirts screaming Durantula Durantula Durantula... catches breath...Durantula..Woooooooo..

Steve-Ballmer.gif

TheFatOne

In my mind that's exactly what happened. It also explains why the Clippers signed Rivers even though that killed their shot at KD.

I think it's almost certain.

Trying to restrain myself.

Yea I'm trying not to get hyped, but it's hard. Even though the chance he leaves OKC is like <1% I'm still getting hyped. Celtics would have enough ammo to go and trade for someone else. Would hope in a situation like that they keep that 17 Brooklyn pick though. Looks like that draft class is deep.

Edit: My brother made a really good point. The best part of KD joining the Celtics would be the next Game of Zones. The Kobe one fucking killed me, and I still watch the one with the song of the big three/Rondo being salty every once in a while.

pislit

Isnt Austin Rivers a free agent? There is no way they can sign KD without Doc giving his son a max first. They going to trade Blake. Lol

Top Bottom