• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Came across an article that discussed Howard to ATL.

Some intriguing points. Howard only attempted about 8.5 shots in Houston last year. Over 100 more players took more shots. Marvin Williams took more shots than Howard.

His percentage have been the same for his career, it may have been lack of touches.

Howard taking that many shots isn't that bad of a thing. He's best limiting his touches to the PNR, but he seems to want back to the basket possessions.

Doesn't matter how many sub 10 reb bigs you sign or how many football players you send to meet with him, KD's wearing white, red, yellow, and black a few months from now.

Fatalah

With Eric Gordon off the table, Knicks end up with Courtney Lee, and not D-Wade.

Finally feels like a normal operating team again. Noah helped sell Lee on NYC too. That never works!

Time to fill out our bench.

This was the guy we needed to sign. Still got no shooters on our team.

There is someone out there...
sasha-vujacic-o.gif

Bring him home, Mitch.

Kevin Durant has told clubs he is meeting with that his decision will be made within the next 24-36 hours, according to league sources.- Chris (Multiple Sauces) Brossarrd

In Atlanta, support at home games was sometimes tepid, despite the fact that the Hawks had gone 108-56 over the last two years.

“There wasn’t as much motivation for him when he saw all the empty seats when they were winning,” Tito Horford said. “He said to me, ‘Dad, when we were playing Boston, they were down 15 points and they were cheering their team like they were winning the game. They’re so into the game.’ This is special for us, especially for him.”

I knew it. Our "fans" just suck. It's going to be awhile.

Good lord, I just saw the news of Cuban offering max to max Barnes. I dunno man....this whole pursuit of Durant has kinda screwed over the Warriors. All possible Barnes replacements have been snapped up. I have a hard time believing management would match but who's available to replace Barnes? Or do we just pack it in and make this a retooling year?

And what's with this new of Durant coming out of the Clippers meeting super impressed? That came out of nowhere...I can just imagine the meeting consisted of Doc barring the door with a chair and a coked up Balmer sweating through his shirts screaming Durantula Durantula Durantula... catches breath...Durantula..Woooooooo..

/Steve-Ballmer.gif

I dunno, I think GS will match the offer. But this might be a fukkery move by Cuban, because consider this. If Cuban wants to Dirk to stay (which at this point I'm sure he does) then what better way than to get GS to lock up a max deal with Barnes. Especially if they think there's a real possibility of Dirk leaving for GS.

ampere

I'm feeling good about Horford, but if we get Durant too that's a team.

Horford alone and I don't think we can beat the Cavs for the East, but maybe Brad Stevens will work some magic

I knew it. Our "fans" just suck. It's going to be awhile.

Too many transplants here. I basically only go to Atlanta games when a Boston team is in town :X

I'm feeling good about Horford, but if we get Durant too that's a team.

Horford alone and I don't think we can beat the Cavs for the East, but maybe Brad Stevens will work some magic

even with durant you're gonna need someone else, since lebron owns a mansion in his head

TheFatOne

even with durant you're gonna need someone else, since lebron owns a mansion in his head

If the Celtics get Durant they should go after Cousins. Thomas, Bradley, Durant, Horford, Cousins would be such a sick lineup.

Edit: I know Cousins has issues, but man would that lineup be great if he had his head screwed on straight.

Holy crap @ ATL's fall from grace.

60 win team 2 years ago, with promise of always being in the mix for contention

We overachieved that year. Two players in Millsap and Carroll playing for new contracts. The perfect storm. So I wouldn't call it a fall from grace lol.

TheFatOne

If Celtics land Durant there's no way Ainge isn't aggressively pursuing Cousins, Butler, or whoever else is available

For sure. My vote would be Cousins given the landscape of the NBA. Athletic defensive team that can matchup with anyone with him. Defensively they would just be so fucking good, and Stevens can draw up all kinds of shit for them. I'm not going to be able to sleep at all today. Way too damn hyped. I hope they can pull of that miracle.

Edit: Let's Horford play PF instead of center. Which I believe is his proffered role. So many options if KD signs.

TheFatOne

If the Celtics got durant they would trade every pick they have

Pls Duran duran

I want them to somehow keep Brooklyns 17 though. Wishful thinking I know, but if they could pull that off while getting another superstar player it would be insane. Also, if KD signs with the Celtics I know which universe I'm in. Dems will win both senate and house. Obama will be nominated as supreme court justice.

Jonathan Tjarks' (who is usually on his shit when it comes to the NBA) take on the Lakers offseason makes me feel just a smidge better about things going forward

https://theringer.com/lakers-sign-t...-2016-nba-free-agency-59da626f5a4e#.54infyh6i

Essentially:
-Yes they are overpays, but the Lakers are essentially having to pay a stupid tax for how bad they've been the last 3 years
-Both Deng and Mozgov are risks in terms of their health and age, but if they are healthy, they both fill huge holes for LA in terms of PNR offense, perimeter defense, rim protection and vet leadership
-The four year contracts for each guy potentially falls right into the development cycle for their young core.

Now just get rid of Swaggy already.

Top Bottom