• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jonathan Tjarks' (who is usually on his shit when it comes to the NBA) take on the Lakers offseason makes me feel just a smidge better about things going forward

https://theringer.com/lakers-sign-t...-2016-nba-free-agency-59da626f5a4e#.54infyh6i

Essentially:
-Yes they are overpays, but the Lakers are essentially having to pay a stupid tax for how bad they've been the last 3 years
-Both Deng and Mozgov are risks in terms of their health and age, but if they are healthy, they both fill huge holes for LA in terms of PNR offense, perimeter defense, rim protection and vet leadership
-The four year contracts for each guy potentially falls right into the development cycle for their young core.

Now just get rid of Swaggy already.

Yeah read that article this morning makes a lot of sense. Really hope LA cuts Nick Young soon. Dude's poison if you refer to him as a mentor to the young guys.

I feel like whether Durant is planning on coming to the Celtics or not, they should overpay to get Cousins. He is still so young, and pairing him with Horford would incredible.

TheFatOne

Huge grain of salt, but a producer at 98.5 sports hub is spouting some unbelievable bs about Durant. Saying he loved the Celtics presentation, and that right now it's 50/50 between Celtics and Warriors. OKC is out, and the final decision will come after the Heat meeting. Again enormous grain of salt. Sounds way too good to be true.

Tubobutts

I wonder if the Lakers haven't cut Young yet because they still think they another team might be dumb enough to trade something for him.

Every team in the East not including Cleveland have made a run in free agency except the Bulls.
CmZPhbLUsAQ2osa.jpg:large

This hurts man.

Bread

Banned
Huge grain of salt, but a producer at 98.5 sports hub is spouting some unbelievable bs about Durant. Saying he loved the Celtics presentation, and that right now it's 50/50 between Celtics and Warriors. OKC is out, and the final decision will come after the Heat meeting. Again enormous grain of salt. Sounds way too good to be true.
I don't trust anyone on 985 but I'm down

lol didn't realize that if GS does match the max offer for Barnes from the mavs (if they follow through with it) that Barnes would be the highest paid player on GS roster.

Kickz

Riley probably gonna come into KD meeting tomorrow with guns blazing and tell him that Tom Brady is a Trump supporter
full

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Every team in the East not including Cleveland have made a run in free agency except the Bulls.
CmZPhbLUsAQ2osa.jpg:large

This hurts man.

I'd rather they sit tight, suck, get a high pick than overpay for guys like Courtney Lee and Timothy Mosgov.

Unless they get durant, they aren't going anywhere with lineup unless Hoiberg become Brad Stevens next season.

I'm not a fan "hey everyone is getting a free agent, let's get one too" that's how Carlos boozer happens.

I'm not a betting man but if I were I'd put it on KD to the Celtics. Fresh change of scenery far away from his old stomping grounds with a great chance at multiple titles. It makes a ton of sense and if he wants to start over, why not in Boston? Feels bad as a CLE fan, which is why I think it makes great sense for him. No other move puts him 100% in the Conference Finals every year except GSW and I don't think he's quite the kind of guy that wants to go to a ready-made team with a leader established. He can go to Boston and LEAD.

jdstorm

Banned
I think it's still too early to rank the east. But by division is have it
Atlantic
1. Raptors, 2. Celtics 3.Knicks 4. Nets 5. Sixers
Central
1. Cavs 2 Bucks 3 Pistons 4 Pacers 5 Bulls
Southeast
1Miami 2 Orlando 3 Atlanta 4 Charlotte 5 Washington

But I don't really feel confident on any of these

So apparently Horford didn't seem to like how the fanbase didn't rally behind the team when they were winning.
A lot of empty seats and such.
Dwight playing with no pressure will be a monster.

So apparently Horford didn't seem to like how the fanbase didn't rally behind the team when they were winning.
A lot of empty seats and such.
Dwight playing with no pressure will be a monster.

Yeah I could see dwight having a resurgence in ATL. Dude isn't in his orlando shape anymore but the guy is still very good. Hopefully he has a good head this coming season.

I think it's still too early to rank the east. But by division is have it
Atlantic
1. Raptors, 2. Celtics 3.Knicks 4. Nets 5. Sixers
Central
1. Cavs 2 Bucks 3 Pistons 4 Pacers 5 Bulls
Southeast
1Miami 2 Orlando 3 Atlanta 4 Charlotte 5 Washington

But I don't really feel confident on any of these

Surprised people are picking Miami as a playoff team.
Bosh health issues still a concern. Plus Wade might leave.
They lost Deng who was arguably having one of the best stretches of his career in the 2nd half of the season. They lost Joe Johnson who gave time a spark from time to time.
I can't see Miami being better than Wizards or Hornets as presently constructed with so many question marks.

Pacers are better than the Bucks. PG13 has help now.
Bucks are just a team with talent that doesn't play together.
Knicks are gonna be legit because they got DRose playing in a contract year.

Top Bottom